Author Topic: The Military Discussion!  (Read 8093 times)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Military Discussion!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2013, 04:40:45 PM »
this thing is the most aerodynamic thing since air!! America ain't got shit on this.

on the contrary, the eurofighter is designed specifically to be incredibly unareodynamic and uses the advanced array of computers to keep it flying, which in turn lets it do crazy things in the air, i dunno the specifics but im pretty sure the typhoon is 100x better and more advanced than the f35 doe
Yep, designed to be unstable via the delta wing and so on. Turning one of the 70 computers off and it falls from the sky(literally).

Its also not called the Eurofighter anymore because france dropped out of it.
what

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 04:55:59 PM »
this thing is the most aerodynamic thing since air!! America ain't got shit on this.

on the contrary, the eurofighter is designed specifically to be incredibly unareodynamic and uses the advanced array of computers to keep it flying, which in turn lets it do crazy things in the air, i dunno the specifics but im pretty sure the typhoon is 100x better and more advanced than the f35 doe
Yep, designed to be unstable via the delta wing and so on. Turning one of the 70 computers off and it falls from the sky(literally).

Isn't it just amazing though? The fact it can do all this shit and it isn't aerodynamic as you say.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »

End of world piece right thar /\

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »

Isn't it just amazing though? The fact it can do all this shit and it isn't aerodynamic as you say.

It's amazing what we can make computers do just by that. Computers are a huge part of life now and they are constantly making better and smarter computers. At the end of my life I really want to see what computers will be like. Probably WAY more advanced since the more technology we have the faster technology progresses. Perhaps we will be getting Iron Man suits soon enough?
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2013, 05:52:12 PM »
US Navy all the way, kiddies!

Spoiler for Large Picture of Naval Battlegroup:

The most powerful navy in the world with the most commissioned warships in the world.

Oh, and yes, I shall attempt to get into the Naval Academy :D

Added a spoiler for that  large picture. - Ricky

Be nice.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 08:26:36 PM by [38e][Ranker]Renegade »

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
 Paratrooper all the way!

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJW5sk0wPw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJW5sk0wPw</a>

Offline Phoenix

• Unit 701
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2013, 11:10:57 PM »
I really love the distinguishable sound of the A-10' 30mm cannon. VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPBkQ4LN_7U" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPBkQ4LN_7U</a>
A minute after I told Rofl about this combo of VC's

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
Is everyone forgetting about the greatest alliance on Earth? NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)

This is the Boeing E-3 Sentry, aka the AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) which is a key peice of equipment in military operations. Without this, aerial attacks would be limited to World War II tactics. The actual range of the radar dish is classified, however public discolsure 400km (212nM). It can detect anything from Ground level up to the stratosphere. It's used for military operation air traffic, battlefield formations, and naval control. The information is then sent to allied control centers on the ground or on board naval ships.

TL;DR the AWACS is the eyes and ears of military operations.

My own father used to pilot this aircraft for the Geilenkirchen, Germany NATO.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd9scD8x-Lg" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd9scD8x-Lg</a>
An example of the AWACS in action (Terminology incorrect for classified reasons)

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
You guys and your silly Air planes and Drones.

The ground war is where its at.

Meeting the main battle tank of the free world mother fuckers!

Any one of these out match the soviet tanks and has twice the range of the soviet T90s and even better armor.
During the war for Iraq the largest tank battle since the second world war took place, the american forces were out numbered by soviet style tanks something like 3-1, and the Abrams ate up the entire Iraqi tank army with two losses(One broke down).

And what about the main battle rifle of NATO: The AR-15/M16

Since it appeared in Vietnam the military has given it improvements and the soldiers taking care of it has lead it to near perfect reliability.
In Operation Iraqi freedom the US Marines was investigated by US internal affairs due to them reporting a large number of militants killed by head shots. This rifle has an effective range of 600 meters, destroying the soviet AK style weapons.
The flat flying 5.56 bullet is able to punch through things like Kevlar and even some heavy cover while maintaining its fragmentation upon impact with flesh.

And if I remember correctly, the F-35 will be the main fighter for NATO forces.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 04:06:57 PM »
To be fair a modern T90 would 8/10 times win over an Abrams in most fights they encounter, it's lighter, harder to hit, still has great protection, etc

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »
You forget the iraqi's didn't have up to date weaponry and tanks in the gulf wars.

Though, I would prefer it if you guys didnt say "The best navy" or "the best tank/weapon/whatever" as that comes down to opinion mainly. Don't discuss blah blah america is best because figures because nobody cares its done this and this, just discuss the actual stuff please.

Anyway, @airborne ; I wanted to be an apache pilot of the AH1 brit version but due to supposedly me having asthma I can't. I love the brit version as its got better engines then american AH-64D, has a fuck off radar stuck on top and got some updates to other little things that fine tunes it more, both of them still devastating as hell and epicly awesome. Beauty in firepower, not looks.
what

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
To be fair a modern T90 would 8/10 times win over an Abrams in most fights they encounter, it's lighter, harder to hit, still has great protection, etc
The Abrams can hit a moving target the size of a motorcycle at well over 150 yards, it can hit the T90.

The Abrams has better armor then the T90, as well as a more powerful gun that fires more rounds/the AP rounds we use penetrate armor better then the Russia ones.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal