Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44258 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »

Half Life 2 Roleplay 2

IP: 192.169.82.14:27015

Clockwork seems to be getting into it's final stages of release. While we do not have any estimated time on when it will be released, it is close enough to where I feel like we are ready to begin certain things such as this post.

So, without further ado, let's get ready! This post will explain the changes that I have been working on, as well as provide you information on things such as the addons you should subscribe to for the best transition into the new server.

For the best transition into the new server, we recommend the following workshop addons:

The Catalyst HL2RP Content Pack
*The Catalyst HL2RP Map - City
*The Catalyst HL2RP Map - Outlands
*Metropolice Pack
*Combine Administrators
Military Tablets
Particle Maker
Weight Stool
Door Stool
NPC Tools
Gordon Freeman
Smart Snap

All the above addons can be found in the Catalyst Gaming HL2RP collection. Any addon with a * is required to properly see the majority of the playermodels. The Gordon Freeman model is not required, but recommended as it is the admin model.

Along with this we are releasing a new bugtracking for HL2RP. You can report bugs (and only bugs) to http://bugs.hl2rp.co (site requires registration.) Use of the bug tracking system should only be for bugs, not lost item reports. You can find more information in the bug report section of HL2RP's boards <insert link>

Important Information

• Characters are currently not transferred.
  • There is a chance characters may not transfer. I am looking into every solution.
  • Our custom factions are currently gone. I will be recoding these soon, but for the time being we only have the CCA, OTA, and Citizens. - They have been recoded!
  • Because of the switch, certain things may not work the same. Just know that before asking why x doesn't work, especially if it was a custom creation for CG.

Major Changes

CCA Model Changes: (utilizing the Metropolice NPC pack)
  • Sector Commander: models/phoenix_police.mdl
  • Commander: models/blacop.mdl
  • Division Leader: models/leet_police2.mdl (updated from old version)
  • Officer: models/biopolice.mdl (without the gear on the back of course)
  • Training Officer: models/hl2beta_police.mdl
  • Elite Unit: models/c08cop.mdl
  • NOVA: models/civil_medic.mdl
  • GRID: models/steampunk_police.mdl (without the tophat)
  • APEX/ZEALOT: models/urban_police.mdl
  • UNIFORM-05: models/hl2concept.mdl
  • Recruit: models/hdpolice.mdl
Faction Changes
  • The CCA are no longer the Metropolice Force as a faction. The new faction name is Civil Authority.
  • The Civil Administrators are no longer the Administrator faction. The new faction name is Civil Administration.
  • The CWU is no longer "Civil Worker's Union", it is now simply "Civil Workers Union"
  • Vortigaunt Slaves are no longer the Vortigaunt Slave faction. The new faction name is Biotic Slave
  • The Server Administration faction has been added for admins for their admin characters.
  • The Paradine Industries faction has been added. This is a second loyalist group to compete against the CWU
  • The Universal Union faction has been added to quit using the Overwatch faction for the CmD and SeC
  • The Civil Representatives faction has been added. This is a Union ran group based in providing information and promotion Union propaganda to the masses. They also deal with the loyalist groups on a day to day level.
Script Changes
  • New items have been added.
  • Hopefully Outlands is precoded to have the character blacklisting.
  • A few new admin commands have been added to take advantage of the new map.
Administration Changes
  • While these will not be discussed publicly, know that there have been major changes in the way the entire HL2RP administration system is being ran.

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
Why download a Gordon Freeman model? XD
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:21 AM »
It's the admin model. I just wanted it in the game somehow :P

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »
So I have a question, the combine get all these cool models, but what about the citizens/resistance?
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
So I have a question, the combine get all these cool models, but what about the citizens/resistance?
That's being worked on. I've not had time to work on it for a while, school and all

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »

What a waste of space, why are you privileging admins with a player model people have to download when they can use the unused models like they always have.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:15:54 PM »

What a waste of space, why are you privileging admins with a player model people have to download when they can use the unused models like they always have.
what

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »

Honestly this. It's dumb.

And how are those tablets planned on being used? I don`t think all citizens should have access to spawn it IF it is a prop. Educate me.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
And how are those tablets planned on being used? I don`t think all citizens should have access to spawn it IF it is a prop. Educate me.
Its a prop, i've had a poke about and methinks it'll be the CCA datapad.
what

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 01:04:14 PM »
- Admins dont need a separate player model, that's pretty much elitist
- If Turhal got it correct the chosen GRID model has stupid gold/brown accents and a top hat, which I think looks pretty dumb but whatever
- The Paradine Industries thing sounds a lot like a copy of Amaria Industries from TnB, but maybe that's just coincidence
- Overall like others said it seems like a very "CCA > Citizens" update but perhaps that's just because you focused on the ranks (as I believe you said) and it just happens that while doing them you added in models etc etc, which makes sense, but citizens need shit too~~

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »
I think he means the city administrator model. Not the administrator model. Hopefully :c Otherwise shits elitist and should be removed.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
So here's a question: Are you still using Open Aura? If not, can macs join and see the map? Please refer to this post which is my main problem: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=19771.0

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 01:12:42 PM »
I think he means the city administrator model. Not the administrator model. Hopefully :c Otherwise shits elitist and should be removed.
Gordon model as the CA model would be dumb, and it isn't anyway, its an admin model.

So here's a question: Are you still using Open Aura? If not, can macs join and see the map? Please refer to this post which is my main problem: http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=19771.0

Its going to be using clockwork which is a new OA in a sense, so it wouldn't be known till you join really.
what

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »
Mac people should try what I believe is a public clockwork beta server (may not be public i have no idea), and see if it works

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 01:20:16 PM »
Mac people should try what I believe is a public clockwork beta server (may not be public i have no idea), and see if it works
Its public
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal