Author Topic: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)  (Read 75092 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »
ATTENTION!: Music is available for this post, for the best experience, read it with it!
Spoiler for Hiden:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbQ5sV-xvGM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbQ5sV-xvGM</a>

Couple this with Rainymood.com and you've got the ambience tagged down.

Spoiler for Administration Note/Rules by Statua:
Elions is directly in charge of current weather, flood status, time, etc. Under these circumstances:
-Anything that happens will not result in a PK or PI
-The state of Ineu must be the same as it was before the HDD crash (ie, dont blow up the cottage)
-Nobody shal gain or lose items unless authroised. IC or OOC.

A storm rages on in the outlands. It is the middle of the night, yet the lights inside the Inn are all turned on, the generator working at it's full capacity as it's noise keeps part of the inn from being completely quiet. Inside, two figures seem to be using a Radio, a young fellow who seems to be barely in his 20's, and a man around his 30's.

I repeat... To anyone out there in the storm. We're expecting a flood to ocurr any moment now, if you're still out there, please, come to Beles town. The Inn is located up a hill, you will be safe and dry. We will keep our doors open to any refugees

The kid puts the Radio's speaker down, sighing as he presses the "Repeat message" button in the Radio. He looks at the man to his side, who has his eyes covered in reflecting glasses

That's the last live message i can send for now... Hopefully someone catches onto it da- I mean... Eli...

Allright... You did good Will, don't worry.

Eli pats the boy on the back, he knows the amnesia suffering kid still thinks of him as a father, though he can't help but feel a bit odd after he almost called him that just now. He looks out onto the raging storm outside

Hopefully someone got the message... In the best of cases, we might just have a bit of a reunion down here in an hour or two.

Eli and Will keep things running for the moment in the Inn, hoping that someone, anyone, heard the message and directs themselves to the Inn. The flood will most likely overcome the valley in less than an hour... The doors remain open, as the dimly lit building keeps itself running in the shadowy night. Expectant of old friends and enemies of this simple and yet key structure. The Inn is almost untouched, preserved in the time that people, human and vortigaunt alike, have taken away from it.

Welcome back to the Outlands.

OOC:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Oh yes. I went there. Since the Outlands server is currently offline for an undetermined ammount of time. I have now created this thread so that we ALL may be able to keep on roleplaying without the need of the server being up. This is only temporary, and no battles will hopefully ocurr here. All things are still subject to the normal CG rules, other than that. You can interact with other characters, or advance your own story here. Enjoy people, and welcome back to the outlands.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:30:29 AM by Statua [CMD] »

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Outlands' Inn (Downtime Roleplay Thread)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:14:18 PM »
Blue = Beans
Red = Beef
Green = Meaty

About two hours later, an engine is heard in the distance, roaring over the sound of the rain. As the sound of the engine gets closer, three figures can be seen climbing out of the old and rusted muscle car. One of the figures seems to be lugging a shotgun in one hand, and the other seems to have an MP7 hugged against his chest. As they make their way through the doors, it's quite obvious that it's the Wilson brothers.

The fuck is this?

Shut up Meat-Cake.

The three brothers huddle around the fire, making idle and empty conversation about the storm with the other gentlemen.

Pretty bad storm out there, am I right? [/i
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:14:06 PM by Cpl. Tray [22nd AB NA] [MP] »
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:28:07 PM »
Violet Collins

Spoiler for Physical Description:
Violet is five foot nine with brown eyes and long black hair which is commonly tied back out of the way. She stands and moves in a relaxed manner under normal circumstances. Violet has an average female tone in her voice and when busy, wears a serious look on her face. She has a medium built body with a few laceration scars on her limbs along with a fair amount of burn scars on her back and upper arms.

Violet commonly wears tattered tan cargo pants with a pair of light brown combat boots. She wears a stained white undershirt with a worn out green jacket overtop that has Valley EMS logos on each upper arm. She carries an old blue backpack with a red cross sewn on the back. It contains some food, lots of first aid supplies, and a little bit of ammunition. She usually carries a MP5 strapped to her pack with a quick release in the event of a combat emergency.

Some time late at night, about two and a half hours after the message, a vehicle slowly climbs the switchbacks. The constant batting of the windshield wipers and quiet hum of the heavily muffled motor can be heard along with the steady metallic patter of the rain bouncing off the vehicles thin metal body. The vehicle is running with no lights to keep hidden in the darkness and fog of the rain. As the vehicles approaches the town, one can see its white, utility pick-up body. There is a blue star of life painted on the hood and both doors. A black canvass is suspended above the box and seals the sides. Unlit flood lights are mounted on the back of the cab, pointing in all directions. There's a small mount on the passenger side door with a ball socketed weaver mount.

The sound of gravel crunching and brakes faintly squeaking can be heard as the truck pulls into the parking lot of the inn. After a brief moment, the engine is shut off and a moderately built female steps out. She slams the door shut behind her and walks up to the side door of the inn, opening it and stepping inside. She looks around, quietly closing the door and hanging her blue rucksack on the adjacent coat hanger. She notices the two males inside. She smiles out of courtesy at Eli.

"Hey. You the one who sent that message over the radio? I decided to come with my ambulance in case someone got into trouble. I uh," she hesitates, glancing at the Wilson brothers "Also wanted to get out of my camp. I'm not the best at building shelters. Mind if I stay here for a bit?"

She remains, watching Eli.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:35:28 PM by Statua [CMD] »

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
Yeah, Inn's always open to everyone, so stay here as you need to for now...

He notices her hesitating for a moment as she looks at the Wilsons

Don't worry, nothing's gonna happen with them. Right Beans?

He asks out loud at him, knowing that Beans being the pack leader will keep them nice and quiet for the most part

As Eli talks to Violet, Will approaches the fire with the other three

Yeah, pretty damn bad allright... Worst one i've seen out here.

He tries to make some conversation with the Wilson brothers, the poor kid simply trying to leave his old "comfort zone" and talk to someone other than Eli or Matt

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
The air is musty, and rain crackles as it pours down on the Inn. Above the inn onto of a hill deep in the trees lays a man with a black toque holding a MP7 with a red dot sight in his hand. Only part of his eyes are showing along with the gun, and the rest of him seems to be covered in dirt, mud, and grass to keep him hidden. He lays down beside a rock shivering slightly as he watches the Wilson brothers gather around the fire from up above. He hears a rumbling coming as he pushes himself into the ground digging his MP7 into the ground. He watches the woman as he walks inside slamming the door shut. He lays there for thirty more seconds as the rain pours on him. He slowly begins to stand sliding the MP7 over to his back. Crouching he slowly walks over to the edge of the cliff pulling out a small combat knife. He raises it in the air quickly slamming it down into the ground right on the edge of the small eight foot cliff drop.  The man tugs on the knife seeing if it's steady, and crawls back into a laying down position as he grabs onto the knife with both hands sliding both of his feet down the cliff. The waves his feet around as he steps onto a rock, and finds another rock to rest his left foot on. He swings his right hand to a rock near his right knee pulling the knife out with his left. He slowly begins to climb down following the a dark shadow that leads to the gas station. He glances over to the blood splattered all over the ground. He continues on down the road until he reaches the front doors of the Inn glancing through the window. He grabs a hold of the handle of the door slowly opening it with no noise, and a cold breeze brushes in. Ghost stands there slightly muddy, and cold as he shuts the doors behind him trying not to disturb the brothers talking. He takes a step onto the hard wood floor as it makes a creek, and he freezes waiting for someones reaction.

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »
Eli quickly looks over as he hears the creak, his hand hovering over his flaregun as he looks at the figure, the mud confusing him for a moment untill he looks at him more detainedly, realising it's Ghost

Ghost... For fucks sakes. Knocking on the door would have worked just fine.

Though Eli's barely had much interaction with him, he's seen him enough to recognize him even with muddy clothes and leaves still stuck in his clothes. His hand leaves his Flaregun, though he's still doubtfull enough of Ghost's intentions that he keeps an eye on him

*Sigh*... Good to know at least that we're not the only ones out here anyhow. For some time i thought everyone had just gone up and left the outlands.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:31 PM »
34370's current phys description: Black, spider legs. Very wet, shiny from the rain and covered in a soft sheen. Soaked bandage clinging to its body. Hairs clinging to body from the rain. Mark on inner back-left leg. Six black, beady eyes. Stained fangs.

As the rain continues to pour, a lone creature is seen scurrying from cover to cover, its back a glossy sheen. 34370 lightly whimpers lonely as he arrives at the outskirts of beles, the only thing seen through his beady black eyes are the lights from the inn. He tilts his main body to the side curiously, he tilts himself slightly upwards, sniffing the air for any familiar scent. After a moment, 34370 lowers himself down sadly, making only a soft squeaking as the air is too moist to pick up a scent. The tiny poison headcrab looks to its left, then to its right, scanning the dark and murky town of Beles for any signs of life. The rain kept pouring heavily, making tiny splashes on the concrete in front of him. Although 34370 wasn't exactly the most intelligent of headcrabs, he knew he wouldn't last long out here, alone in the cold. The little headcrab shuddered lightly, its leg curling in only slightly as it slowly built up courage to cross the street. With a final stretch, the headcrab scurried forward on all fours, squealing shuddered as it is bombarded with large drops of cold rain. It skids to a stop in front of two double doors, a small awning shields it from the rain, but small drops pitter-patter all around the tiny headcrab. 34370 gets up on his hindlegs, and begins to scratch softly on the double doors, letting out a soft squeaking periodically.
(// FYI, the door I'm refering to is the one behind Beles, as in behind the desk and next to the little awning/roof thing)
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:50:41 PM »
Violet

Violet smiles again, looking at Eli in the dim light.

"Hmh. Thanks then. If you or anyone ever needs any help, you let me know alright? I got tons of first aid supplies in my bag."

She looks to the Wilson brothers again.

"And they better stay in my backpack unless I'm using them."

Violet grabs her rucksack off the hook and starts walking toward the stairs.

"I'll be upstairs in one of the rooms. I'll hang a little red cross from the handle so you don't accidentally disturb others, if you need me of course. If not, I need some sleep. We'll uh, talk to you later. Stay safe."

Violet heads up the stairs and proceeds down the hall. Her footsteps are heard till she enters the first room on the left. She drops her ruck on her bed and opens one of the smaller pouches, withdrawing a little red fabric cross with a string loop hanging from the top. She hangs the little red cross on the handle of the door. Violet sits on the bed beside her rucksack and begins untying her boots. She yawns and stands back up, moving the door to where it's open just a crack. She turns off the light and moves back to the bed, setting her rucksack on the ground. She opens one of the larger pouches, finding a little 3" carving flip knife. She places the knife under her pillow and lies down on the bed, closing here eyes and eventually, drifting off to sleep.

Violet fell fast asleep before the headcrab began scratching at the door.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2012, 11:53:08 PM »
As the storm rages on, a figure covered in a black hood and tattered cape approaches the Inn, the figure is distinctively female as she walks towards the inn. Finally making her way through to the double doors where the headcrab's located. The figure, completely obscured by the hood and long cape looks down at the headcrab, quizzically even... It opens the door slightly for the headcrab, walking in herself trying to make the least noise possible.

Are you sure that creature is not dangerous?...

If he was, i would not be alive right now.

Both voices seem to come from the same person, strangely enough. One distinctively male, and strangely enough slightly distorted, while the woman's voice is clear and monotoned

Now, Try to keep quiet... We'll charge you up and be on our way.

I thought you said you knew these people. In fact... I think you said you were living with some of them

I do. But i want to make sure no one here is tech-crazed before i let anyone find out about you.

The figure stops talking, looking around and quickly making her way up the stairs of the Inn. She knows the Headcrab may recognize her from scent, but the rest may not be as curious or as aware of her presence yet.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:26 AM »
34370 hopped back slightly as the figure pushed the door open for him, this was his chance! He crept inside before the door could close, jumping slightly as the door closed behind him. He looks up as the figure begins to speak, the skin above its eye folding as if it were furrowing a brow in confusion.

Are you sure that creature is not dangerous?...

34370 tilted himself to the side, the voice didn't at all match the scent, he began to wonder if he was beginning to become sick, when another voice spoke from the figure.

If he was, i would not be alive right now.

34370 knew the voice when it spoke, although the name he had associated her with escaped his tiny headcrab mind. He watched as she began to walk up the staircase, continueing the conversation with.. herself? 34370 couldn't understand. He began to creep along after her, when two more scents made they're way into his nostrils. One was rather faint and mysterious, almost hard to track down, but 34370 could recognize the scent, just slower then he could others. The other one felt like a cruel smack across the face, plunging his nostrils with a scent that 34370 associated with meat, or a meaty substance. By the time he had the two scents pinned down, the mysteriously familar figure was already up the stairs. 34370 stood there in the middle of the room, the folds in its back lightly sucking in and out as he looked from left to right, pondering as if whom he should persue.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 12:33:39 AM »
The Wilsons talk softly among themselves, Beans laying on the sleeping bag he'd retrieved from the car while his brothers lay on discarded couch cushions.

These assholes starin' at me are startin' to tick me off."

Eh. They ain't doin' nothin', don't matter none.

Damn... I'd slam that clam... the one who went upstairs a lil while ago.

Anyone paying any attention would notice Beans slapping Meaty.

Meaty, I know if you fuck up once more, Matt won't wait to chop yer dick off. I'd grow some smarts.

After some time, the brothers fall asleep, laying in a neat row. Beans' Mossberg is wedged in the crook of his arm, and Beef's and Meaty's gear lays in a neat pile at Beef's feet, which he is resting his legs on as a leg rest.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 01:21:35 AM »
The female figure reaches the second floor finally. Walking next to the old music room as she does so.

Just a second...

She pulls out a key, looking to both of her sides quickly, making sureno one sees her as she opens the lock and walks inside, locking it again quickly. Entering the old, dusty music room. Memories coming to the woman's mind as she looks over the old piano, or the wooden bed on the far end of the room.

Now believing herself to be safer, she takes off the hood and cape. Revealing her half-burnt face and red hair. Anyone would recognize her as Joanna Sinbow. Under the cape and hoop she appears to have been wearing a black baggy buttoned shirt and reinforced jeans (Patched up and with some makeshift knee-capers) along with her usual hiking boots. An equipment strap over her chest leaves a PDA like device resting just over her right breast, the device quickly lighting up and projecting a small hologram in front of her. The image resembles a young black male with relatively long hair (shoulder lenght), wearing what looks like a baggy set of black cargo pants and a tight long-sleeve top.

Cosy.

She takes the device out of the strap, setting it down on the floor with the hologram side up, connecting it via a cable to one of the few electricity outputs in the Inn. This allows Darius' hologram to project into a slightly larger frame, though still small in comparison to a normal person, it allows it to have a more "normal" interaction with someone else

Right... How long untill you're back at full battery, Darius?

The AI seems to pull up some sort of status report that projects in front of him, The numbers and percentages facing Joanna as he does so

Sorry Jo'... But it looks like to get back to 100% we're gonna have to be here all night... On the bright side, that should last for almost 2 whole weeks.

The woman sighs. Looking at the bed on the far end of the room and realising that no one who she does not know would be able to enter the room anyhow

I guess we'll be staying here then...

Leaving her satchel and Darius connected to the output, she takes off some of her clothes, leaving her on her old tanktop and underwear as she crawls back into the Music Room's bed. Hoping to all hell that no one realises she's here with her new companion as she slowly dozes off. Regardless of the storm outside

OOC:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Eli's staying up since someone has to watch over. but i don't have time to RP it at the moment. Just roll with it

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 01:29:36 AM »
Elions is directly in charge of current weather, flood status, time, etc. Under these circumstances:
-Anything that happens will not result in a PK or PI
-The state of Ineu must be the same as it was before the HDD crash (ie, dont blow up the cottage)
-Nobody shal gain or lose items unless authroised. IC or OOC.

[Posted on OP]

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
The small group of people seem undisturbed during the night. Eli and Will keeping watch for any more people to come as the sun slowly comes out hours later. The rain has somewhat diminished, but the effects of the flood are now visible to anyone passing near Beles. The tunnels are flooded in their entirety, there are small leaks in the roof of the Inn here and there. The lake at the other side of the hill seems to have overflown itself, leaving the cottage slightly underwater as the water flows down hard onto the river below. Beles town is spared by the storm as the water flows down onto the flooded tunnels below it. It seems that for now, any newcomers and the people in Beles will be stuck in the town for a while as the storm calms down

Looks like we're gonna be here for a while...

Eli talks to Will, looking at the kid and noticing that he appears to be dozing off already. It's only logical, as he's not used to staying up for days at a time like Eli is

Will... Might be a good idea if you get some rest already.

I'm... Fiiineee...

Will barely raises his arm as he says that before he inevitably collapses onto the desk, groaning a little

Ugh-... Okay... Just.. Lend me the Keys to the Music room...

Eli rolls his eyes, taking out his copy of the key and handing it to him.

I'm going to go out there and check the flood's damage. You just worry about getting some shut-eye for now.

Eli takes his old coat and hat, walking out of the Inn to survey the area.

Will makes his way slowly up the stairs to the music room, passing by Violet's claimed room, he ponders for a moment if he should assist her, but he figures with the state he's in right now he'll be no good to anyone. He continues on to the Music room. Opening the door and walking in, trying to make the least ammount of noise possible. He sighs as he looks at the bed, with the lack of light caused by the Music room's strange positioning he misses Joanna being there entirely. He takes off his jacket and proceeds to simply collapse on the bed, startling Joanna as he does so.

GAH-! What T-!?

Hu- OH SHIT. SORRY MISS-

Will makes a bit of a struggle as he realises Joanna is in there, making enough noise to wake up anyone near the music room. She quickly puts her hand to Will's mouth and holds him down. Trying to stop him from making any more noise.

Kid. KID!- Calm down. I won't bloody hurt you but you gotta stay QUIET. No one knows i'm here.

Will slowly calms down. Nodding as she says that. As that happens, Darius' Hologram projects for a moment, most likely activated by the noise they made at the start of their struggle

Jo'? What was t-

He stops for a moment as he gets a view of the situation

... There's an explanation for this, i'm sure.

After a couple of awkward moments, Will explains to Joanna just why he was able to get into the room, as well as who's with them in the Inn at the moment, this is all as Jo takes her time to put her clothes back on and set Darius back on her equipment strap.
The door to the music room is left open as they talk about this.

At least i know it's no one i need to worry about... Yet.

On the other side of the Inn, Eli finally comes back from surveilling the area, he looks around and talks to anyone who's currently awake in the Inn's main lobby

Allright... Status update. The whole damned Valley is flooded. Tunnels are completely filled with water, and the lake's overflown. I'm sorry Beans but i don't think we'll be able to go back to your cotagge for a while... We're stuck in Beles for the time being no matter what we do.

Offline turhral=S=C=

• FAHKING
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »
As Ori investigated the Ineu pass, scavenging for ammo for his weapons, he reaches the Beles town, the deserted place. He notices that there was a heavy rain earlier, due to the floods and water that are visible.

Damn, all that time there was rain, and I haven't heard it... Good thing I was inside the tunnels.

Ori then invetigates the Beles town, searching for food and drinks. He may find some people there, and he may be alone...

Means I give you the RP of finding Ori. Most of my posts will be short like this one, as I am not a regular OL player.
We shall bring HL2RP back.
We must.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal