Author Topic: Eli 'Harceleur' Valerian's Authorization Application  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Eli 'Harceleur' Valerian's Authorization Application
« on: July 10, 2012, 05:30:31 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Elions
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): About 4 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 3 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- Vortal Chords on a human.
- Please reffer to http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=16249.0 for previous Vorstessence experience/infusion.

Name: Eli 'Harceleur' Valerian
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Eli sighed as he looked at the abandoned theater building. An old building that was hidden deep inside the woods, out of reach from most people in the outlands "... This better be worth it". Joanna, his sister was with him at the time, as he felt he needed someone there to make sure things went well "Eli relax... They said they could help you, right? And they've already gone as far as reviving you. If anything you should trust them" She said as she put her hand to her brother's shoulder, trying to get him calmer as they walked into the theater.

The door creaked from it's years of decay as they both walked in, small holiday lights hanging all over from the ceiling, giving a very low light, but just enough to iluminate the entire building, wich was home to several refugee vortigaunts. A safe haven for their kind, or so did Joanna and Eli understood it as at least.

All of them looked at the pair of siblings with strange expressions. It seemed like none of these vortigaunts had seen a human ever. Or if they had, they had grown to resent them, though as they catched on to Eli's strange eyes and Vortessence emanations, they backed away.

"I'm looking for Rasd'Jaul" Eli spoke out to the vortigaunts, hiding his eyes by tiping his hat forward as to not disturb them any further , hoping that one of them could understand english. As he mentioned the name, some of them turned their expressions from despise to a strange confusion. Some chattering could be heard all over as they seemed to ask themselves how could a mere human know about Rasd'Jaul. As they talked, some of the vortigaunts seemed to turn hostile, chanting and charging Vortessence volts in their claws "Joanna... Get behind me..." Eli was trying to protect her as their chanting got louder, both of them were scared, but the treatment and answers Eli needed were too great for him to leave just like that

As the vortigaunts readied themselves to attack, a loud bang was heard, like someone took a log and hit the ground in the distance.

All the vortigaunts stopped their chanting, putting their claws down and looked back towards the end of the destroyed theater, a single elder with strange red and blue markings all over his body stood there, holding a big wooden staff, seemingly painted with tribal motifs (Or at least that is how a human could describe them at best) a strange grey tattered coat on him as well. His eye glew green instead of the usual red colour of normal vortigaunt eyes, much alike Eli's. He slowly approached, a rather ominous air to his every step as he finally reached them "The Valerian.... And The Sinbow... I have been waiting for you to unveil yourselves..." he spoke in a rather tired tone, in the same accent as most vortigaunts do "... The Sinbow will excuse us... But we require an audience with The Valerian... Alone."

Joanna looked at Eli, her expression showing obvious concern "Don't worry... I'll be fine" Eli tried to calm her as he and the elder moved away from the rest, she simply nodded and walked out, deciding to wait outside the theater for Eli's return.

As Eli and the elder entered a room shut apart from the rest of the theater, he couldn't help but ask "... How did you know my name?". The vortigaunt answered him without turning as he put his staff against the wall, standing in front of a table with several 'ingredients' and concoctions, the vortigaunt was seemingly more than in touch with the old tribal traditions of the Vortigaunts and Vortessence. "We could ask the same thing... And obtain the same answer" "... Ach." The name rolled in Eli's tongue as he realised that his vortigaunt friend had not told him just where to find these vortigaunts, but to also alert them of his impending presence. "Look... I know i'm being too direct here but i must know... Is there any way for me to control this.. Thing inside of me?" He clearly reffered to the excessive ammounts of Vortessence inside of him. While Humans and Vortigaunts both are 'one' with Vortessence, it was a rare case for Vortigaunts to have this ammount of it in their system. Let alone for a human.

"Perhaps...." he turned around, the glow in his eye more prominent as Eli realised that the elder was afflicted in the same way "This one... Suffered much alike The Valerian did. We are no strangers to death... Or to disabilities when it comes to the Vortal planes." "Do you mean..." "Yes. Our Vortal chords were non-existant." Eli was shocked to hear of such a thing, a Vortigaunt with no vortal chords sounded as strange as a bird with no wings, or a fish with no fins.

"How... Did you get them back?" Eli seemed to hesitate as he asked, feeling rude to ask such a question. "This one had to dwelve into the most ancient traditions of Vortigaunts... We found one way to do it... It brings inmense pain, and does not guarantee one's survival." It was then that Eli realised just how costly it could be to control the vortessence he had been infused with. But he could not live with the idea that at any moment this vortessence inside of him could turn back everything the vortigaunts had done to revive him.

He prepared himself for the "ritual" that Rasd'Jaul talked about, having to take off most of his clothes off (Only leaving him in his tattered jeans) and sit in silence as the elder prepared him, painting his body in the same tribal motifs that he had on his green skin.

As Eli kneeled down, awaiting whatever it was that the ritual had in store, Rasd'Jaul began chanting, his voice resonated through the entire theater, he held the large wooden staff in one hand as he held what seemed to be a kind of Antlion abdomen, glowing a dim blue in his hand. As the ritual started, vortessence seemed to envelop the entire room, Eli could feel a strange warmth envelop his entire body as the vortessence seemed to cause somewhat of a storm inside the room, the place shook as the chantings of the elder became louder, with each passing moment, that warmth sensation became a burning feeling inside Eli's chest, wich made him cringe in pain at first, almost breaking his position before the elder yelled out "The Valerian must remain still for this to work!" The pain Eli felt from the burning sensation was not going to cede, if not grow stronger with each passing moment, but he nodded, trying to stay still as the burn started to envelop his entire body now, making him scream in pain.

It took all of 7 minutes for the process to finish. After which Eli could not help it and passed out from the exhaustion and pain. Several hours later, he awoke, grunting in pain as he got up slowly, he had been layed down on a bed. As he took a moment to feel his own body he could tell that whatever that green paint the elder had used on him had left him permanent marks on his body, he sighed "Great... Just another thing to make me look insane..." He looked to his side, noticing the elder there "Well... Did it work?." The elder was working on the table of ingredients again as he looked over his shoulder "This one cannot say...".

Eli couldn't help but break out in anger "What the hell do you mean?!" He got up quickly from the bed, trying to get the elder's full attention now "Look at what you bloody did! I look like a circus freak now with all this revival and Vortessence infusion crap!" He did not realise it as bolts of vortessence grew in his hands "I've been thrown back from the dead, infused with god knows what, and used by a tribal alien, and you don't know what you even did?!" As he pointed his hand, the bolt of vortessence fired from his hand, hitting the wall by the elder. It took Eli a second to realise what he had done... And for the elder as well to realise what this /Human/ had done. "... Holy shit... It worked..." Eli said as he looked at his hand, the green shock and flame of the vortessence still lingering in his hand before he closed it.

The elder smiled lightly as he looked at Eli "The Valerian's process is complete... But now will have to learn on their own how to control it." "What?-..." The elder pointed Eli to the clothes he had when he entered "Every Vortigaunt must learn at their own pace... While The Valerian is but a human, his learning cannot be any different... Trust the vortal planes as i did. Let them teach you and guide you... For we cannot do anything else but to watch over."

Eli sighed, looking out, he could see that all the vortigaunts out there were looking at them, a path open, but their expressions were not of disgust like before, but a mixture of confussion and respect. He looked back at the elder, nodding and taking his clothes, walking outside to meet his sister again. He had been granted the power of Vortal Chords. Of manipulation of the Vortal plane. But wether this was good or bad for him, or the people around him, remained to be seen.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- Control of the Vortessence that's infused in Eli
- Possibly be able to speak Vortiguese (Since you require vortal chords to truly understand and speak it)

Defects
- Since he's only human and has no training, the Vortessence could very well be more dangerous to him than an aid in some cases
- Could lose control and hurt himself while attempting to use it
- He'd stick out like a sore thumb like this.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Obviously advance and improve the character, as well as not require any kind of weaponry to defend myself in bad situations. There is a lot of back story to this as well, and it would help advance the story of Eli's character further.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
I spent a lot of time in this story darnit, at least respond faster! xD

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Eli 'Harceleur' Valerian's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:19:00 PM »
I'm giving this -support

Just the idea in itself seems ridiculous and illogical.

I cannot see this ever happening, ever.

Will wait for other admins posts.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:42:06 PM »
I gave reasons and proper explanation for everything in the canon story, and honestly i don't see how this is specifically "impossible" as we've seen some weird stuff happen before on the server. Kom, i know it's a lot to ask but /please/ give the app a good read, just claiming it illogical because of the idea's base without taking a look at the story (wich from how short your response is i figure was the issue) is not really fair.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 12:39:33 AM »
Why does he even have vortessence in him? it's called vortessence because it's a trait that's primarily within the vortigaunt race, it's not some sort of magical substance that can be transferred from one race to another.

It doesn't even matter if other things on the server have been passed that seem 'weird' and 'impossible' on the server because if this is accepted then this is beyond stupid.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 12:48:25 AM »
The reason he has vortessence infused in him is explained in the other application that's linked in this. There's a reason i linked it. It's not just for shits and giggles.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 06:10:35 AM »
- Control of the Vortessence that's infused in Eli

I'm thinking; "Control. Control to do what?"
What would you use the Vortessence to, if you were able to control it?
I - for my self - thinks that the Vortessence should be something for the vortigaunts only.
Yet, I don't think, it would be impossible to understand and speak their language, it would just require hard training, to do it.
Would you please list, what you mean you can use / control the vortessence with / to?

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:39 AM »
The reason he has vortessence infused in him is explained in the other application that's linked in this. There's a reason i linked it. It's not just for shits and giggles.

I read the other application and I couldn't quite work it out, probably because I skimmed it. Is it because he was revived with the vortessence that he has vortessence inside of him? If so, why isn't Alyx firing lazer beams and powering up generators and teleporting rebels into the city and communicating with antlions to do her bidding?

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:59 AM »
Its pretty rediculous. A human cannot control Vortessence. Maybe they can speak the language. But no way would they be able to use it I do not think.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 09:25:08 AM »
 "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it."
 ~The All-Knowing Vortigaunt

This dialogue explains that only vortigaunts could use it and other species can't (which is why humans can't use it.)

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
Allright, sorry for the late response, but i'll try to answer all questions and doubts right now.

1) He has vortessence in him because when they tried to revive him he had been dead for a while, making the effort needed to revive him greater. The thing is the vortigaunts "overdid" it, and ended up infusing him with the vortessence, esentially he's 'overcharged' to put it in simple terms.

2) When i talk about control i don't mean absolute control or anything of the like. At best i can see Eli using vortessence volts to defend himself, or repairing something minor, but nothing great with it. What i mean to do with it however is mainly for RP purposes, since him trying to learn to use this power alone (Wich if you read the app is what he has to do) would give for some interesting scenarios, plus he would not be able to simply shock anyone he pleased with it (Since that would be overpowered to shit)

3) "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it."  ~The All-Knowing Vortigaunt
An argument could be made here that this phrase refers to the fact humans lack vortal chords (Or cords, i'm not sure how it's spelled precisely) And therefore cannot 'see' the true nature of vortessence or the vortal planes. It doesn't say that they absolutely CAN'T. But that they cannot in their current state. Wich is what they would be "fixing" with this. And to note i did not make a half assed story either for this. i took my time to make a long and detailed story as possible knowing that what i'm asking for is inmense to say the least.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
Allright, sorry for the late response, but i'll try to answer all questions and doubts right now.

1) He has vortessence in him because when they tried to revive him he had been dead for a while, making the effort needed to revive him greater. The thing is the vortigaunts "overdid" it, and ended up infusing him with the vortessence, esentially he's 'overcharged' to put it in simple terms.

2) When i talk about control i don't mean absolute control or anything of the like. At best i can see Eli using vortessence volts to defend himself, or repairing something minor, but nothing great with it. What i mean to do with it however is mainly for RP purposes, since him trying to learn to use this power alone (Wich if you read the app is what he has to do) would give for some interesting scenarios, plus he would not be able to simply shock anyone he pleased with it (Since that would be overpowered to shit)

3) "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it."  ~The All-Knowing Vortigaunt
An argument could be made here that this phrase refers to the fact humans lack vortal chords (Or cords, i'm not sure how it's spelled precisely) And therefore cannot 'see' the true nature of vortessence or the vortal planes. It doesn't say that they absolutely CAN'T. But that they cannot in their current state. Wich is what they would be "fixing" with this. And to note i did not make a half assed story either for this. i took my time to make a long and detailed story as possible knowing that what i'm asking for is inmense to say the least.

Number three is false. Vortigaunts use vocabulary which confuses most users like you for a quick example. I bolded the following sentence. "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it." The Vortigaunts are talking about THEMSELVES and that "WE" is referring to their species but no other species. Yet again, the following sentence is bolded again. "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it." "...if only you would see it..." means that when a human uses the Vortessence, they experience the power with their own eyes. "If only" they could experience it ofcourse, which they can't. 

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 11:54:31 PM »

Number three is false. Vortigaunts use vocabulary which confuses most users like you for a quick example. I bolded the following sentence. "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it." The Vortigaunts are talking about THEMSELVES and that "WE" is referring to their species but no other species. Yet again, the following sentence is bolded again. "We are a tapestry woven of Vortessence. It is the same for you if only you would see it." "...if only you would see it..." means that when a human uses the Vortessence, they experience the power with their own eyes. "If only" they could experience it ofcourse, which they can't.

Experiencing it with their own eyes still means that they could experience it in one way or another, plus with this ritual he'd have an easier time accesing the vortessence. Wich steal leaves the whole idea open, if at least for lower but different powers than the ones of a vort, wich would still use vortessence as their basis.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 03:05:46 AM »
if i got revived irl with a defibrillator and they overdid it and super charged me would that make me electricity man

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »
if i got revived irl with a defibrillator and they overdid it and super charged me would that make me electricity man

Irrelevant, electricity != vortessence. And either way a defribrilator would only work on someone who's heart stopped but his body is still struggling to survive. And you gotta consider you're comparing two things that don't have anything in common at all. Electricity doesn't equal vortessence, let alone considering the fact one is from a bloody alien source.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »

Irrelevant, electricity != vortessence. And either way a defribrilator would only work on someone who's heart stopped but his body is still struggling to survive. And you gotta consider you're comparing two things that don't have anything in common at all. Electricity doesn't equal vortessence, let alone considering the fact one is from a bloody alien source.

Vortigaunts have the only ability to have vortessence. Human beings cannot have this typical kind of power even if their body had been charged too much with it. If you did some research, you would've known that Vortigaunts can only use it and what Vortigaunts can do. Nuff' said.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal