Author Topic: Eli 'Harceleur' Valerian's Authorization Application  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Eli 'Harceleur' Valerian's Authorization Application
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
if i got revived irl with a defibrillator and they overdid it and super charged me would that make me electricity man

Irrelevant, electricity != vortessence. And either way a defribrilator would only work on someone who's heart stopped but his body is still struggling to survive. And you gotta consider you're comparing two things that don't have anything in common at all. Electricity doesn't equal vortessence, let alone considering the fact one is from a bloody alien source.

Vortigaunts have the only ability to have vortessence. Human beings cannot have this typical kind of power even if their body had been charged too much with it. If you did some research, you would've known that Vortigaunts can only use it and what Vortigaunts can do. Nuff' said.

I /did/ do some research, wich is why instead of simply asking for "Vortigaunt powers on a human" i asked for "Vortal Chords" on a human. If i had simply derped into asking for this i would not put that much detail into a back story either. Plus every time you say "humans can't do it so no" you're just blatantly showing that you haven't bloody read both the backstory i linked AND the backstory here. You're dismissing the idea without taking into consideration the previous auth and the explanations (Wich mind you have all applied to the canon that we're supposedly following.)

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 10:49:12 PM »
if i got revived irl with a defibrillator and they overdid it and super charged me would that make me electricity man

Irrelevant, electricity != vortessence. And either way a defribrilator would only work on someone who's heart stopped but his body is still struggling to survive. And you gotta consider you're comparing two things that don't have anything in common at all. Electricity doesn't equal vortessence, let alone considering the fact one is from a bloody alien source.

Vortigaunts have the only ability to have vortessence. Human beings cannot have this typical kind of power even if their body had been charged too much with it. If you did some research, you would've known that Vortigaunts can only use it and what Vortigaunts can do. Nuff' said.

I /did/ do some research, wich is why instead of simply asking for "Vortigaunt powers on a human" i asked for "Vortal Chords" on a human. If i had simply derped into asking for this i would not put that much detail into a back story either. Plus every time you say "humans can't do it so no" you're just blatantly showing that you haven't bloody read both the backstory i linked AND the backstory here. You're dismissing the idea without taking into consideration the previous auth and the explanations (Wich mind you have all applied to the canon that we're supposedly following.)

"I'm giving this -support

Just the idea in itself seems ridiculous and illogical.

I cannot see this ever happening, ever.

Will wait for other admins posts."

This was from the administrator. The idea IS "ridiculous and illogical." You really can't understand why Vortigaunts only have the power and humans don't. In the Half-Life 2 universe, do you see humans walking around wielding the power in their hands? No, not at all even when Alyx Vance was revived. If a Vortigaunt were to overcharge too much vortessence into a human, it wouldn't do nothing to them but heal them overtime. Remember how a alive human was able to get healed when the vortessence was affecting them?

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 10:58:36 PM »
By that logic i should be able to regenerate, however if i asked to apply for that people would call me out as well. The fact is the circumstances involving Eli as a character are odd from the rest, and thus he ended up like this. Is it uncommon? Well yeah it's supposed to be uncommon. But is it ilogical? Not really, i've kept myself to the canon of the story. gotten my last application checked and accepted, and RPed everything properly.

You cannot do a 180 and all of a sudden say "No. This shit should not be happening even though i clearly left the canon of the RP open for added interpretations like this".

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2012, 12:13:13 AM »
Well no, we can't, but as many others have said; it sounds incredibly stupid and a bit of an extreme from canon to allow it.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2012, 06:24:27 PM »
Well no, we can't, but as many others have said; it sounds incredibly stupid and a bit of an extreme from canon to allow it.

It would be stupid if i was asking for it out of nowhere and without a base to go beforehand, or without the right things happening to the character's ic story. As for "it sounds incredibly stupid" I'll just refer you back to the point that it would only sound stupid if you've not been paying attention to either of the IC stories.

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »
 I guess we better wait for the administration staff to decide.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
Denied,

What you are asking for is TOO far out of canon.

Denied:Locked:Moved
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal