Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 12:44:27 AM »
Microsoft is doing something cool with Windows 8 and that's what it supports for native programs.

The entire interface is made with HTML5 and Javascript, the benefit of that being that any device (tablet, phone, calculator) can easily support these frameworks due to how lightweight and flexible they are, not to mention, as a web developer, being able to write programs in Windows with just javascript is quite flattering.

The goal of Windows 8 was not to provide more functionality for power-users but to provide an interface which is consistent no matter where you use it. I could, in theory, be playing a game on my computer, then, when I have to leave to get in a taxi abruptly, open up my phone and play the exact same game on there, without having to save, download files, or anything. Just simply resume as if nothing happened.

Apple tried to do this recently with their newest version of MacOS with various programs along with the iPad, however, they're limited by their existing platform in that the users will not act kindly to adjustments in the interface. Microsoft has very little influence on the mobile market, therefore, they have more play in their design and more freedoms, without losing a large market percentage.

There have been countless articles and videos on this subject by people far more informed than I am and have come to the same conclusion. Windows 8 is a step toward a great new field of computing, but we just aren't ready for it. It will be fascinating what Microsoft does with their new OS, personally, I hope it's something that will allow me more freedom with customizing my own computing experience, but I'm just one user and Microsoft, being the creator of the most popular OS, has to be more focused on the laymen than the power users. 

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2012, 12:53:12 AM »
Thanks for the review was just about to download it for the time being il just stick to windows 7 i suppose.

Don't waste your time with it man, its garbage.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2012, 01:02:16 AM »
If anything I'm reminded by the internet explorer ads.... But mainly isn't ever even numbered OS suckage by windows?

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2012, 12:44:28 PM »
Both of my brothers have W8 and I dislike it. The UI is to faffy for my taste and I can't even find the fucking shut down button. It took me a while to find the start menu at first too. It really does feel more like a tablet OS than a propper desktop OS imo. Other people might like it and that's up to them, but that's just my two cents on W8 atm. I might change my opinion if I use it more, but atm I really don't want to.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2012, 02:50:39 PM »
I don't like the new layout at all, really hard to navigate if your an old school windows user.

However there is one advantage with W8. Since it's designed for tablets you would think that it would use less resources than Windows  7, less resources used on OS = more resources used for your games = better performance.

Offline tdabamf1

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »
Windows 7> All
Windows 7 is just way better, and can basicly do anything... And isn't windows 8 only for tablets, da fuck?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
When I tried Windows 8, it had no support for my sound (current motherboard has VIA HD) and the AMD Catalyst W8 Preview Driver was really bad and messed up on a lot of games. It'll probably be a lot better when it's actually released as it is just a preview atm.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »
When I tried Windows 8, it had no support for my sound (current motherboard has VIA HD) and the AMD Catalyst W8 Preview Driver was really bad and messed up on a lot of games. It'll probably be a lot better when it's actually released as it is just a preview atm.

Agreeing with what Abbott said, it still is in its development as we speak. Some options we are used to we will not have on Windows 8. I was disappointed when I had bad lag on servers and no sound when I got Windows 8.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline crazily farting teacher

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 05:15:05 AM »
I never used windows 6 to 8 so why am I here reading this, I don't in the high hevans know.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »
I never used windows 6 to 8 so why am I here reading this, I don't in the high hevans know.

Then why did you even post, plus there was no Windows  6, technically you can count it as Vista, which I know for a fact you are using because of your desktop screenshot in the other thread.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 02:05:17 PM »
I think it has a pretty cool metro style design, but they could of made things a big easier to move around.
State your views of Windows 8 below.
Shut up :s

Windows 8 from my perspective, is making things stupid for the growing number of stupid in the land of the stupid.
Want to use calculator for adding 8 and 8? Spend over a minute scrolling through metro, then click the massive button that has no business being so large.
Do I think its great for tablets? Of course. Id still prefer my nice little folders over a button like that any day, but thats my opinion, not everyone has it (Then again, not everyone can open a folder (Dont let those people procreate :<)).

Making an actual computer into a tablet isnt desired.
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal