Author Topic: Windows 8  (Read 7250 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Windows 8
« on: June 17, 2012, 11:06:54 PM »
I just downloaded the Window 8 preview and I just want to say how it sucks so bad with the problems and having to adjust SO much to its new designs and settings. It took me about 10 minutes to find the program files on this thing... I think it has a pretty cool metro style design, but they could of made things a big easier to move around.

State your views of Windows 8 below.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 12:22:58 AM »
Could you upload some pics? I wanna see what the design and displays look like :P

I just hope it will be easy to use and better than windows 7 (windows 7 is pgood in my opinion)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 12:27:27 AM »
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 12:38:11 AM »
Windows 8 was made for tablets initially, of course it sucks dick.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 11:33:49 AM »
Windows 8 was made for tablets initially, of course it sucks dick.

That's why I feel gay when I use it!

Offline Wacka

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2012, 04:07:10 PM »
I'll be honest, I'd rather stick with windows XP than upgrade to any other windows versions.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 04:11:25 PM »
I'll be honest, I'd rather stick with windows XP than upgrade to any other windows versions.

Windows 7 is baws. I went from EX to 7, I never got vista because I heard it was very buggy and such. 7 is actually really good in my opinion, it's worth the money to upgrade to it.

As for windows 8, I don't like it. The display/theme is so weird and a lot more different than 7. I like the current "format" better.

Offline Wacka

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »

I heard windows 7 has a lot of compatibility problems with video games. Windows vista was really buggy at first, but I heard the current version is very stable. Also, an other reason why people like to bash on Vista, is simply because the OS eats 1GB of ram, which was considered a lot when computer with less than 4GB of ram were sold back then.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »

I heard windows 7 has a lot of compatibility problems with video games. Windows vista was really buggy at first, but I heard the current version is very stable. Also, an other reason why people like to bash on Vista, is simply because the OS eats 1GB of ram, which was considered a lot when computer with less than 4GB of ram were sold back then.

Windows 7 runs fine for me with all video games, I never had a problem with it.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
Do you guys know you can go to a Windows 7 style desktop on W8, yes? Stop hating on it for the metro design just because you can't find the correct desktop...

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 07:20:20 PM »
Do you guys know you can go to a Windows 7 style desktop on W8, yes? Stop hating on it for the metro design just because you can't find the correct desktop...

O_O Tell me how!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
Win+D or just Win key loads the desktop from the metro UI, not sure if someone could figure out how to run this at startup, maybe some sort of batch file.

One thing I did learn Win + X gets a limited legacy start menu, either from the desktop or Metro UI.

I haven't used it so idk if that's the way - I just know there is a way to get to it

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2012, 07:49:34 PM »
Win+D or just Win key loads the desktop from the metro UI, not sure if someone could figure out how to run this at startup, maybe some sort of batch file.

One thing I did learn Win + X gets a limited legacy start menu, either from the desktop or Metro UI.

I haven't used it so idk if that's the way - I just know there is a way to get to it

Righto, thanks.

Offline Wacka

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2012, 07:55:57 PM »

Again, that's what I heard, wasn't saying windows 7 was going to be awful with every game.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
Thanks for the review was just about to download it for the time being il just stick to windows 7 i suppose.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal