Author Topic: Regarding HL2RP.  (Read 8013 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding HL2RP.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

He's the only SeC i've been able to talk to without having to stay up until 11pm to do so. He's active, dedicated, and I truly believe this kick up the ass has changed him for the better. Yes, he has promoted units when he perhaps shouldn't have, but I can think of a few people who have also done that, and hold similar positions. And this is certainly not the worst thing a SeC has done.

Give him another chance, because I truly do not think you can find anyone as good or better than him to replace the timezone gap.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 05:26:20 PM »

He's the only SeC i've been able to talk to without having to stay up until 11pm to do so. He's active, dedicated, and I truly believe this kick up the ass has changed him for the better. Yes, he has promoted units when he perhaps shouldn't have, but I can think of a few people who have also done that, and hold similar positions. And this is certainly not the worst thing a SeC has done.

Give him another chance, because I truly do not think you can find anyone as good or better than him to replace the timezone gap.

As a fellow Brit, I have to agree on this too.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 05:41:22 PM »
Adam just contacted me.
He wishes to make his voice heard on here.

22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: and that is including the CCA. The CCA is a huge pile of shit and Raiden is actually trying to work on fixing it now.
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Lie 1
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: If you think Raiden is an egotistical person, you have to think twice.
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Lie 2
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: He's sharing the power he has with his Commanders and will most likely barely do anything himself, but leave it to the Commanders like it should be done.
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Lie 3
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: The Sectoral commander should not be actively making changes and interfering with the CCA, it should be a oversight position.
22:25 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Lie 4
22:26 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Some people need to get their facts straight before starting to spout bullshit all over the forums and chats, spreading rumors and lies.
22:26 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: lie 5
22:26 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Jesus christ wont alex stop being full of shit
22:26 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: he tells more lies than raiden would
22:28 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: oh yeah dont forget this.
22:29 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: Verans active, thats what counts,   Sure we all fuck up i have too many time and now im paying for it.
22:31 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit: He was active tho,  something raiden wont live down.   he was active OOCly and Icly way more than Raiden would be.  I thought rofl said raiden would never get "Co-owner" again but then again its rofl.  Raiden is a fine person at times but its mostly his fault HL2RP is where it is now.  I personally see no fucking change coming up if he keeps at his own little game.   The idea is to listen to the community, not act like a fucking communist and do what you want.   Speaking of that, really thats all bluff will do is do what he wants cause hes selfcentered.   Hell i might get struck down by saying this but RTLK even did a better job than whats currently going down.   And its getting worse by throwing veran out the door and then shitting on your desk.
22:31 - Rainbow Dash - Adumb Shit depositis 2 pents
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 05:53:17 PM by Y2K-iwiee »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:54 PM »
Slightly Off-Topic:
Quote from: Y2K-iwiee
Once again, I have no issue with you giving Bluff or KMP CmD personally, but it is an assmotion to begin with, they're both OfCs and although their roleplay may be good, they do not have the experience IC and there are many other candidates that have both the RP skills and the knowledge and experience IC and OOC that you could have chosen.

It is one of my pet hates when people speak about myself as if I have barely any experience IC and OOC. My Unit has been kicking for four years now, as in OOCly I have played with this guy across my previous community and then moved to CG. IC, I am most likely the most experienced Unit in the CCA, due to myself serving for four years and performing in multiple major conflicts when all of you boast around about a max of 1-2 years and you think that surviving from City 18 is legendary. When you say I have no/little experience, go tell that to my Unit ICly and he will tell you what he has done to earn his "ass-motion" (And I won't hurt/BM/demote you, as long as you ask nicely).

Sorry about that.

On-topic:
It was my belief that Veran was appointed Sectorial Commander due to Raiden being on holidays. But I see people such as Triv complaining about not seeing Raiden when it's a ten hour difference between us australians and most of europe. When you see me online with you during the weekdays, it usually means I'm staying up till 4am each weekday so none of you can complain that you can't speak with the City Command. Timezones a bitch, which we can't fix.

And to the above post on adams regard, I understand that Raiden and the High Command Units have said that in the past, but now that I'm on the City Command team, I will be trying my hardest to help even if you don't believe me, so I will be bitching at Raiden to do stuff constantly (In reason, of course). We have a plan, yet it will take a while to complete and when the community shows a negative attitude to any change, we can't even start it.

Tl;dr for first paragraph:
Timezones is the problem.

Tl;dr for second paragraph:
We have plans and had plans, yet due to complaints of change we can never do them. It starts with you guys, not us.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Stanky_101

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:18 PM »
Damn straight timezones a bitch, I also live Australia.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 11:13:42 PM »
Well I atleast appreciate the honesty from everyone here, good to see that everyone is expressing themselves. However in turn I will do the same.

Alex for the most part has cleared everything I was about to reply with. With all due respect the people in here who have a close relationship with veran, ask other members of the community and see if they share the same opinion on me as you do. Alex has already given his opinion on me so go ahead, ask around.

The truth of the matter and I noticed it when I came back to CG is that no one here likes change, by change I mean big changes. I remember from when I tried to do things prior, the amount of rage and hate echoed in my steam and it really put me down because I did it for the best of the CCA. It's understandable that you guys would think this action I took against veran was just for the lolzZ, because I wanted to wave around my owner tag however if this is your thinking, with respect please shut up and sit down because you don't know me. You only know me from the things I've done you don't like. Ie the demotion of verans sec. If you know me well, you know i don't do things to suit my needs and give me benefits but it is for the best interest of the CCA. From my perspective the amount of complaints about veran being too controlling and none of the high command were given much freedom and rope to make decisions within their squad. The CmDs now have a lot of power, I've basically given them the ability to do anything as long as all the CmDs speak about it and come into an agreement, THEY ALL MUST AGREE. If the decision is too big for them alone then they will involve me. If you need something, you don't have to come to the Sector Commanders only, you can go to the CmDs and they can help you too.

People judge me too quickly however. I am all for giving people second chances because I believe in people realizing their mistakes and correcting them, kiwiee is an example of this. when i demoted him, I approached him in Skype, we had a long conversation and I decided to give it back to him. I could've pulled a karma and just go on with my life but instead I spent valuable time of mine chasing kiwiee.

I believe in veran changing too. I personally put him as sec because he was the most qualified and one of the best units I saw. People who believe I'm here just to act like rtlk, especially you Adam S then please fuck off because you don't know me.
On that note, I will be staying up late tonight hopefully to catch veran on and speak to him about this

Now, this has always been an opinion of mine but this isn't a government, a democracy where people have a right to demand something and have it done. If this were the case than the community would he in more chaos than you all think. In every community there needs to be leadership and this is admins deciding on how long a user is going to be banned for, super admins helping basic admins go about their duties and the owners of the community who have the final say in things and ARE the decision makers. The point I'm trying to get across is that if something changes that you don't like then you bring up your concerns but the deciders are roflwaffle, tomasas and myself.

Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I typed this up on my phone and I haven't even checked what I'm typing.

On another side note, Kris, do you still want your CmD? PM me your response.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:29:23 PM by Raiden »

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »
I think you're doing a great job, Raiden, so far. I am honestly a little fed up with people who are getting pissed because of change, and not only that, but they don't or didn't even understand what was fully going on, yet they still opened up the rage cage.
game over

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 05:10:01 AM »
The reason why myself and a number of others are having such an overt offensive reaction to Veran being removed towards you, Raiden, is because you've taken away our "ambassador" so to speak. As I made the point before, he's the only guy who you could easily talk to without having to stay up until 11pm (GMT), and he was dedicated enough to be online most of the time and put his time into HL2RP. Sure, you can say that the CmDs have as much power now.

Sure I like Kris, but currently he's not as active.

Personally I don't trust Bluff, sorry Bluff.

I like kmp too, but he's a yank an aussie (:v) and doesn't represent the needs of the european timezones.

What we need is an active, dedicated and honest SeC within europe. Veran fit that bill, he made mistakes but that's expected. And i'll say it again, I don't think he's going to make the same mistakes so easily due to this current incident.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:15:58 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 07:03:14 AM »
The reason why myself and a number of others are having such an overt offensive reaction to Veran being removed towards you, Raiden, is because you've taken away our "ambassador" so to speak. As I made the point before, he's the only guy who you could easily talk to without having to stay up until 11pm (GMT), and he was dedicated enough to be online most of the time and put his time into HL2RP. Sure, you can say that the CmDs have as much power now.

Sure I like Kris, but currently he's not as active.

Personally I don't trust Bluff, sorry Bluff.

I like kmp too, but he's a yank an aussie (:v) and doesn't represent the needs of the european timezones.

What we need is an active, dedicated and honest SeC within europe. Veran fit that bill, he made mistakes but that's expected. And i'll say it again, I don't think he's going to make the same mistakes so easily due to this current incident.

Yeah, I'm working on ways to get CmDs active, hoping Kris gets active because if he does, we have a CmD in every timezone; UK, US and AUS.

As for Veran, as I mentioned in my previous post I'm going to speak to him about this.

Again I thank everyone for their opinions. I am sorry if I gave you all the impression that I was trying to act like another RTLK, wave my owner tag around use it to extend my dick, etc. The truth is, no one is perfect, not even me, not even RoflWaffle and not even Veran. I and anyone else in power try to only do what's best and again some people don't agree with some things but I want to get the message across that we are doing our best.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 01:03:10 PM »
Oh this cycle again...

The reason the CCA is so full of shit is because a while ago, somehow a load of faggot assery and suchlike embedded itself into the roots of the CCA and such. To fix the CCA to what it used to be at the start(only about 5 people know what im talking about) would mean removing the WHOLE CCA, and starting from scratch.

And guys, raiden is in no way karma. He has an owner tag, so what. He's been a full owner before and knows how to act. Jesus, hes not an idiot, and even if not perfect, hes a darn sight better than half of you lot.

Along with others said, theres always one or more people complaining about anything. You can't please everybody.
what

Offline Ossus

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2012, 01:56:23 AM »
Wait Veran didnt get demoted because of that stunbaton in the ass thing, did he?

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
Wait Veran didnt get demoted because of that stunbaton in the ass thing, did he?

Not to sound rude or like a dick, but if you're supposed to know why, then you'll be told. I'm trying to tell you that nicely before an admin or owner does.

Offline Ossus

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 07:58:02 PM »
Sounds like a shit storm of fascism going on lol. People who don't want to handle it thoroughly seem to just want to shut everyone up who ask's or states to much questioning material. /sigh

Interesting responses though.

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2012, 05:59:55 PM »
Going a little off-topic to say this from everybody. But over the partial rant this is given about how 03-RCT are robots? Well, I had a situation where an 04 messed up. As in, he saluted to an HC when he was not the highest ranked unit in the room. He started to try and void it, but I told him quickly, "[LOOC]: Its alright, 04's are suppose to make mistakes." Do you know what he told me in response?

"[LOOC]: No, because I'll get a BM for it. And if I get two of them my char gets OWR'ed."

\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal