Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Mar Saralar's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[ACCEPTED] Mar Saralar's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 31, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
Mar Saralar's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: DarkMoonJak

IC Character Name: Mar Saralar

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Mar has always admired the CCA. He has always looked up to them and served them as if they were his family, in some ways, they are. He first wanted to join the CCA because his best friend in the city, Spawny Reed had joined the CCA,  he had met Spawny coming out of the nexus one day and asked him what he had been doing in there. Spawny replied that he'd tell Mar later.

About 2 hours later, Mar was waiting outside of the UCH when Spawny came, he asked Spawny why he had come out the nexus, and Spawny replied, he had joined the CCA. Mar exclaimed in horror, Spawny explain to him that it wasn't bad at all, he had ust come out of his interview and was now accepted. Later, Spawny told Mar that he had to report to training, Mar shook Spawny's hand one last time before he left.

On a couple of occasions Mar saw Spawny in action, patrolling, investigating apartments with his commanding officer. He soon memorized Spawny's digits, 275. He constantly saw 275 in action, and he looked up to him being his former friend in the city, Mar regrets his brothers decision to join the resistance in sector 6 and then escape to the outlands, he thought he'd help this community, by joining the CCA.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Trustworthy, Loyal, Polite, Intelligent, Attentive, Adventurous.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
I am expecting it to be hard work going through training and memorizing many of the what I call "codes" like 10-0 and 10-4 and whatnot. It may also be easy as many Citizens are loyal, but some are minges, minges are easy to detect though, but minges who act legitimate at first while scheming are hard to catch. I expect this to be a very special rank to be treated with care and respect. I will never ab use this rank if I do recieve it.

Mar expects this to be a huge responsibility, that if he messes up too much, it may cost him his life. He expects to be able to repay the Universal Union by serving this community with his life. He hopes that the citizens will respect him, if not, he will teach them respect, in a way that they will remember it forever. He expects to have a nice and rough life after being accepted into the CCA. Last of all, he hopes to make it to the Overwatch rank of the Universal Union, after lots of  hard work as he expects.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Mar Saralar was born and raised in Sydney, Australia. He grew up in a middle class family, and mostly kept to himself as a kid. His father was a politician and his mother ran a small shop. Mar got good grades and stayed out of trouble, and was never really sure what he wanted to do with his future. He was the youngest of his family, he had an older sister and brother. He led a quiet, boring, but content childhood. Never doing anything dangerous or exciting, when he had any free time he would spend it reading about history. The history of this world captivated the young Mar, he became engulfed in studying every aspect. One week he would learn everything that could be known about the Romans, and the next, he could recite every major World War II battle off the top of his head. When Mar went of to college he had his sights set on a major in history. Saralar started spending more and more time in the library, the history of warfare was what he had studied. He made outstanding grades all throughout college and eventually went on to be a professor. Mar had it all set, he was going to indulge in his love of history and teach to those around him, or so he thought.

These portal occurrences had intrigued Mar just as much as they scared him. Having lived in a major city, these, mar never really encountered these so called Xen creatures that came parading from him. All Saralar saw were masses of refugees coming from the countryside seeking shelter. Mar did what he could to help, often entertaining the refugees with tales from times before them. This kept both his, and the people's minds off of what was going outside of the safe barbed fences that surrounded the city. Saralar continued his quiet life as a professor and would even go out and volunteer to help any refugees after he got off. The guests were quiet for a few months, then things started to heat up. People started running out of food and supplies, and on top of that the water was running low. People started to get heated and fights often broke out over basic necessities. Saralar had seen this in his history books and read about it in the library, he knew what would come next. Riots started breaking out and the government did what they could to control the people, but there were only so much supplies to go around. Mar mostly kept to himself these days, often taking the long way home to avoid some of the darker streets. He would often go hungry to keep from getting into a fight. Saralar wished that order could be restored to the streets once again.

Then the combine came down, and Mar had no idea what to think of it. They came down and started to restore order back to the streets. mar was one of the lucky ones and was deemed worthy to live among many who died. He was transferred city to city, another train station another train station. The way the combine took over intrigued mar, it was something completely new and Mar considered himself lucky to witness history in the making. One night, while on the train to City 8, he thought to himself, I could be apart of this history. So once he got off that train he started to take an earnest interest in anything relating to the Universal Union. Mar got a job working for the Foto Shop owned by Jack Webb, and was happy there, partly because he felt like he was helping a good cause, partly because he thought he was part of a new and exciting page in history books to come, and the extra food didn't hurt. Mar often spent long periods of times admiring how the Combine operated and dreamed of one day joining their ranks.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
2 Years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
1 1/2 Years

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
6 Months

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT -6

5. In what country do you live?
United States of America

6. How old are you?

7. WhatÂ’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
This actually happened yesterday on outlands.

"They're coming!" Yelled Alex.
"What!?" I replied
"The Headcrab canisters, antlions everywhere, holy shit it's a guard!"
"Dear god, to the medbay, we'll be safe there!"
Alex and Caleb rushed to the medbay, they got in barely evading an guard.
"How many guards are there!?" Asked Caleb
"I dunno, 5?" Retorted Alex
"I'll go check it out"
Caleb walked out the door and was instantly knocked off his feet onto the concrete by a guard,  he began to run for the ladder to the canals, he was too late. The guard bunted him over the fence, the last thing he ever saw was Alex shooting at the guard, then it went black as he hit the canals.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Mar Saralar
CID: 9733
Height: 5 Feet 11 Inches
Hair Colour Light Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 125 lb
Mental Distinctions: None.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: None.
Notable Qualities: He is always silent unless spoken to, or a serious question pops up.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
I have been detained once for a Mobility Violation for jogging to an officer to report level 3 contrabrand.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I regularly eat the Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I am willing to give my life for the cause of the Universal Union

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions preformed by myself and those under my command as my own responsibility

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, I will remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as I live.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I wish to join the Combine Civil Authority because I think that the Universal Union shows a better path to the future than the humans think. I wish to serve the purpose of the Universal Union until I die. The Union has shown me the true path the humans are to take for survival.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Mar Saralar hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

edit: spelling mistakes
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:54:29 PM by Veran120 »
Characters:

Mar 'Chem' Nightwit - The Chemist.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mar Saralar's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »
Please don't tell me we have to redo our applications, because this took awhile.
Characters:

Mar 'Chem' Nightwit - The Chemist.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mar Saralar's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »
UNIT: 562
DIVISION: NOVA