Author Topic: The Alliance and our "Elitism" The truth about the rumors  (Read 2276 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Alliance and our "Elitism" The truth about the rumors
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »
Alright, lets get this down once and for all. I've been hearing things about how alliance members are dicks or elitist, stuck up vest whores. Now, it may seem like we are but really, we have some very good reasons to be defensive and exclusive and I will be sure to point those reasons out to you in this thread.

First think I want to make clear is why we don't let refugees in our base. First off, the bases are small and dark. it's difficult to see everyone and it's also hard to RP with others while others are also RPing close by thanks to the retarded recognise system that still hasn't been fixed. Second, we used to let refugees come and go as they please. However, we had to put an end to this. The amount of people, who have no clue how to travel the canals secretly, moving in, out, and around the headquarters was causing unwanted attention from overwatch and raids were a common sight to see in our headquarters. That's why we also try to keep people away from the entrances.

The next point I have to make is our exclusiveness. You're right, the alliance is exclusive. Its only open to good roleplayers and this is set for a good reason too. We used to have a couple members who didn't listen well and lacked the ability to RP fully. They almost killed the entire group and in the long run, got themselves PK'd due to their lack of skills. People ask to join the alliance and we straight up say no. This is because we aren't looking for people who ask to join, we are looking for people who can and will help us. If you see an alliance member in trouble, help them. You might find yourself working with that member soon. We're looking for people with skills, and being able to shoot a gun is not a skill we're looking for. Being able to retrieve a target without getting spotted is.

The third point I have is the trading. People are always wanting to trade with us. First off, don't ask in the middle of the open. That's the best way to get yourself spotted and killed. Second, people seem to have this idea that cause we have vests, heavy weapons, and a jeep, means we have tons of ammo and items. Well guess what, we have hardly anything. Ammunition is rare and we definately don't have extras of that.

So I hope this clears stuff up about the rumours you have heard about us. If you have any questions, feel free to post here.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Alliance and our "Elitism" The truth about the rumors
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:29:16 PM »
I've been roleplaying on outlands actively sense it came out and I agree fully to what Statua is saying. I would like to add something that Statua kindve touched, the reason we can be "exclusive elitist vest whoring dicks" is because sometimes when go outside our outpost to travel we get swarmed by people who are doing the very things that Statua has stated in the previous post. Now personally whenever I'm traveling abouts and someone comes up to me to ask for help because they have an injured friend or something like that I always will follow along because it's pure passive roleplay. HINT: Passive roleplay with alliance members might get you where you want.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:42:59 PM by bobby »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 12:32:45 PM »
HINT: Passive roleplay with alliance members might get you where you want.

^ I agree with this fully.

Offline The Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
I remember just the other day I was roleplaying with two others and we launched a massive network called the Safehouse Network, the Alliance members showed they could be good to us if we prove useful and to be honest I know if I want to roleplay with someone skilled to look at an Alliance member. It's just to bad the network got screwed up with the fucking admins spawned hordes of guardians and zombies(I'm looking at the admins that were on yesterday, you know who you are!) Well my point is, they are how they are for good reason.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 01:03:43 PM »
I found it funny how because I was chilling with an alliance member everybody kept mistaking me for alliance..was pretty funny considering one guy asked me it about 3 times.
what

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:17:16 AM »
What you say Statua is very right and true, i agree with most of it. I know what you mean by refugees, and their ability. Although, if you lead a group, especially one with vests such as yourself. Refugees and the less-experienced look to you for guidance, to some a vest signifies status, weaponary and a cool resistance group they can join and get a vest, to other it is the sign of a role-model, a responsible and experienced role-player. Some cannot straight up tell you "Hi, i'm new can i role-play with you and you teach me some?" Many express it through immediately jumping into the passive with you, you may perhaps take this as annoying or harrassment. That is your choice, although if perhaps you taught the less-experienced and guided them through IC and OOC means, they might perhaps one day end up an experienced role-player such as yourself.

I lead The Liberation Movement, Every day, i have been on Outlands and/or passiving on the city as this character, i aim to assist, help and passive with those around me, vortigaunts, vested, refugee's, citizens, TLM members or not, the only way people will become more experienced and better role-play skill equipped, is if someone teaches them, a big Hl2 Combine Sniper and an AR2 sticking out your back, along with a camoflauge vest is a pretty big icon for a new-comer. I have no vest, and no where near as many flashy items and additions as the Alliance, eg: Jeeps, Snipers, Jalopys, Airboats.
But i do help all those who need assistance, and i set up places where we /can/ passive with refugees and or citizens.

Another thing was, after hearing all and what not about the Alliance, you say that you do not wish to role-play with the less-experienced refugees making noise in the canals, but whilst 3-4 of your members were standing blatantly out next to one of the warehouses, in the middle of a road, a vortigaunt, myself, strolled passed before hearing their stressful predicament, i thought perhaps i would induldge in the role-play, after offering my assistance and some verbal passive introduction, i was basically rejected through "Uhh, Yeah buddy, we're fine..you can go now." <<< Perhaps that is what people are not totally impressed about.

Sorry for the 200000000000 words,

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 01:22:36 AM »
I don't mind roleplaying with them outside of the HQ but when there's a sign out front that says "NO TRESPASSING" it really means GTFO if you haven't received instruction to bypass it. When refugees start doing that, we get annoyed and want no affiliation with any refugees for the next little while.

Oh, and we do get people who come up to us and say "Hi, I'm new and lost." whilst ignoring the no trespassing sign. I tell them OOCly what to do, then they stick around ICly. So I tell them ICly to follow the signs and leave, then they get mad. Like wtf?

Also, for the members standing around in the open, I'm trying to induce fear of OTA but waffle and his rules are making it harder to fear RP it.

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 02:27:25 AM »
Yeah, No probs mate, just what I noticed, but i understand what 'cha mean fully mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal