Author Topic: Andrew Van Ort's Civil Authority Application  (Read 986 times)

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Andrew Van Ort's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 17, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »
Andrew Van Ort's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: 1stlt.ChristmasofAmerica

IC Character Name: Andrew Van Ort

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
I kept asking myself, why did he want to join in the first place? Why is Andrew so interested and eager to join? After he uh got his loyalist armband he kept thinking to himself and of course reading some UU-branded books. In his experience the Universal Union maintains society, he peruses this idea. Could there be another reason? Maybe it’s this one: For justice, but why justice? Is it that maintaining a society needs a broom and a mop called justice? Andrew has to answer that himself when he joins.

Possibly we could find another reason perhaps? Maybe it is privileges but I don’t find that a good reason, maybe it’s just a little bit? We should continue on the more, important points.  He drinks the water like he normally does a bit more brainwash than those other citizens due to propaganda He thought if you can join them you can earn their trust. He feels that joining them, the Universal Union he can portray his loyalty even more than he ever could. However, will his wishes come true and maybe find his destiny? Maybe not, maybe so, then again Andrew will still have to look for his answer, because his journey is not over when he joins the Universal Union.

Hey don’t leave! I’ve got more to tell, now just let me remember another reason he wants to join. Let’s wrap of our first two reason number one: He wants to join to maintain society and preform justice. Number two: He wants to portray his loyalty even more. Now let’s get to the third reason. More responsibilities, now you may be thinking, why? Well, why not? In fact it would support his “Call of adventure” to join the Universal Union he can use his responsibilities to gain more trust in the Universal Union. However, yet again Andrew has to answer this himself when he joins. A failure or success we, yes us need to take a look of what’s going to happen.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Andrew is Lawful,Cooperative,Loyal, and trustworthy.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For me: I’m going to start over and attempt this again, last time wasn’t so well (*cough*got*cough* amputated*cough* for*cough* false*cough* accusations*cough*) great but 3 times a charm. I see a new perspective from a Civil Protection’s point of view and how they deal with things. Citizen/Loyalist role play is how you say: Downsized, little, almost no RP what so ever, setting up a shop might get some new role play but then again, it will be repetitive and boring. I asked myself: Why do people Join Civil Protection? Is it because it’s unique and diverse? My answer is that I want to see what it’s like, giving myself a new perspective.

For my Character:  What are expectations for Andrew you ask? Maybe being taught the ways of to maintain the society of the city. He can support the (*cough*slaughter*cough*) cause by keeping anti citizens out in public and in uncommon times keep the rebels (murder) suppressed from the public and the Universal Union can assist him of doing so. More you want huh? Ok, I’ll tell one last thing. Now let’s see hmmm…. oh yes! Another expectation is that Universal Union will let him freely teach the ways of how to not be feared by the Combine Civil Authority, but instead to cooperate with them.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Psst, psst, hey you, yeah you reading this. I want to tell you a story of a man, who is this man you ask? His name is Andrew Van Ort. I’m going to set this up in chronological order, is that ok with you? Alright let’s start: Andrew Van ort was well a human being like all human beings they were born on earth, now you might be asking what kind of statement is that? Do you think human beings live on mars? I answer:  What if we were on mars first? What if we were born in Xen? You may never know. However, let’s dive into the story shall we?

Andrew Van Ort was born in Sacramento, California, July 7th; 1992.The ruby birthstone was given to him to celebrate his birth. However this birthstone doesn’t take a role nor it is symbolism let’s move along. He did great in school but his family was low middle class, but due to high grades he got a scholar ship for English and math which is his favorite subjects.  He studied these for a few years gaining his associate’s degree for English and mathematics. After completing his associate’s degree for college in his hometown He moved to Seattle, Washington to work at an office complex.  He was very successful with his job and became one of the boards of the directors. In 2015, He went on a business trip to New York City to do a business meeting about Financing and making a partnership with another company. Due to revenue is in decline and insufficient funds, a bigger company came in and bought the company now heading to New York City to sign the contract. Before the business meeting, He was about to step into the entrance of the building a loud roar, he froze there for a quick moment, he quickly turned to see It was a large tripod walking machine, It was firing some sort of turret at the innocent civilians, Police and soldiers fired at the machine what we call now a “Strider”. A couple soldiers took some of the civilians including Andrew to the sewers, heading to a small bunker. They told Andrew and the others to stay inside the bunker until further notice. 6 hours later there was silence. A group of humanoid figures (called overwatch soldiers) attacked the other soldiers guarding the bunker. The fight was short and quick against the soldiers took all the citizens including Andrew to the surface to be relocated.
After Earth Surrendered to the Universal Union,

He was relocated to City 14, He was a bit hesitant to join them or not, but he was neutral to the Universal Union. However, that water influenced him to join Civil Protection. He was relocated to city 18, where he did normal citizen activities he to get more rations frequently in city 18 than city 14, the air wasn’t very cleaned, people start to get sick causing an epidemic. He was one of the luckiest people to survive the outbreak. He again was relocated to City 45 due to evacuation of city 18; he liked the city with cleaner air than the other cities he lived, but the Civil Protection still had the same brutality but he did jobs for them. Why? I’m not sure, but he continues to report crimes and cleaning the city. After cleaning some trash near by the city, an officer says “You citizen! Come with me!” He follows the officer, the officer told him to apply, Andrew shows his Citizen I.D. card to the officer, the officer brings out an armband; he then grabs the armband and puts it on his arm, taking a nice long walk back to the UCH taking an, application with him.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
No

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Over 8 months

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
2 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
1-2 months (7-8 months on forum)

4. What Time zone are you in?
Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8:00)

5. In what country do you live?
United States Of America

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Probably from up to date, When rp'ing drunk in the outlands.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes

IC Section

Full Name: Andrew Van Ort
CID: 99157
Height: 5'11"
Hair Colour Dark brown/Dirty Blonde
Eye Colour: Hazel.
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 175
Mental Distinctions: Alert,obedient, social thinker.
Mental Defects: Minor claustrophobia and atychiphobia.
Mental Advantages: Quick reaction time and thinker
Notable Qualities: Good hand-eye coordination

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes,I will.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I understand.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
To help maintain Society and perform justice.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Andrew Van Ort hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Note: Alright I remade him, I'll change the CID, but please don't go 10-103M because of failure loyalty check because It was outland'd
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 02:18:02 PM by 1stlt.ChristmasofAmerica »
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Andrew Van Ort's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 10:30:23 AM »
UNIT: 584
DIVISION: NOVA
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Andrew Van Ort
Citizen Identification Number: 33271

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| RCT.864 ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting CCA.C45.NOVA-DvL.584
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 05:24:27 PM by ChristmasVeran1405 »
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal