Author Topic: Boris Gorbachev's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1039 times)

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Boris Gorbachev's Civil Authority Application
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:06:45 PM »
Boris Gorbachev's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: 429ghost

IC Character Name: Boris Gorbachev

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Boris Gorbachev, a former communist of the long fallen Soviet Union(while still retaining only a few of his communistic traits), is a Loyalist. He has ten Loyalist Points on his record, and wears his Loyalist Armband proudly. He absolutely loves the Universal Union. The Universal Union is in some ways similar to the Soviet Union. That is why Boris feels very welcomed by the Universal Union.
Boris feels that he must do his part for humanity's rehabilitation in anyway he can. Boris has joined the CWU. He enjoys it. He enjoys helping the Universal Union. However, he feels hes not doing enough for his Loyalist duties.
Boris feels that in order to fully assist the Universal Union, he must join Civil Protection. He sees the CP officers everyday, and respects them highly. He wishes to be one of them. He wishes to help be in the front lines of making a better life for mankind.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Boris Gorbachev is a generous, kind, very lawful, and very trusting person. Most of his traits come from his communism.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
For Boris, he feels that joining the Combine Civil Authority will be a great experience. He looks foward to helping in detaining troublemakers who disrupt the sociostablity of the city. He knows there will be awful times where he may have to do things he may regret for the rest of his life. He has seen these things happen before. Just recently, people were being amputated for being infected with a disease that was going around. He knows he will have to do things like that, but he more importantly knows that it is always for the greater good of mankind.
As for me, I am eager to join the Combine Civil Authority once more. I have joined before, and had a great experience. I wish to have that experience again. I find it really fun to be a member of the Combine Civil Authority.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Born and raised in Moscow, Russia, Boris Gorbachev was a child growing up during the Cold War era of the Soviet Union. His father, Kiril Gorbachev, was a Communist politician. As such, he raised his son to be a Communist. Communism is the idea of sharing and equality for all. No one could be any more important than another, being rich meant having to share most of your salary with those less fortunate, and social classes were almost non-existent. Boris supported Communism greatly. He believed absolute equality is the key to greatness.
Boris's mother died giving birth to him. Kiril raised Boris by himself. Usually the father-son families can be very tough. Boris was a little rebellious when he was a teenager. He was angry with his father concerning himself more to the political press conferences and such things and spending less time with him. Boris eventually moved out on his own as soon as he reached the age of 18, in 1986. That was the last Boris had seen of his father.
By the time Boris was 22, he had a job as a bar tender. The name of his bar was "Boris's Bar". He had an apartment in the city. Boris also had a relationship with a woman from Ukraine named "Elena Kropenko". However, it was brief and was the only intimate relationship he ever had.
Being a bar tender eventually led Boris to getting drunk at nights on his own booze. This is how he became an alcoholic, stereotypically preferring vodka. Boris tried to get help and rehabilitation, but none of it worked. He would eventually find his way back to drinking.
In 1991, the Soviet Union collapsed. The collapse of the Soviet Union also triggered the fall of Communism. Boris was furious about this. He quickly became a strong supporter of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation. It was all that was left of communism in the former Soviet Russia.
In 2015, the Seven Hour War began. Boris was in his apartment when he heard air raid sirens wail all across town. He heard russian troops outside saying russian in megaphones "Attention. An evacuation is in effect. Please report outside where you will be taken to a Protection Center and given further information". Boris, along with his neighbors, went outside to the russian troops. Confused and scared, they followed the orders of the troops. They were all loaded onto Ural-4320s and taken to a Protection Center. Boris asked the troop that was there what was going on. The soldier replied to him in russian "You will all be given further information at the destination". Boris looked up and could see several Mil Mi-17s heading west. Above them was a squadron of several Su-35s heading the same direction. Boris knew that something bad was going on.
The convoy finally arrived at the Protection Center. They were all unloaded and sent inside as the trucks left to gather more evacuees. At the Protection Center, one of the troops spoke into a megaphone. "Attention. You are all here to be protected from an invading force heading to Moscow. We have recieved word that the United States has been invaded by unknown hostile forces three and a half hours ago. These hostiles have already taken much of the United States and have already pushed across the Atlantic and through European territory. The hostile forces have already made an advance to the western border. Fear not, for our brave military has been sent in to fight back these hostiles. In the meantime, you are to remain here." he said in russian.
Boris took out his phone and opened the radio application on it. He sat down and flipped through different frequencies until he could find the main frequency used by the Russian Armed Forces. From there, he evesdropped on everything that happened. The radio operators spoke in russian. "Tsar, this is Drajon 1. Battalion en route to defence line, over." "Copy, Drajon 1. Advise on all occurences from here on, over." "Affirmative, Drajon 1 out." "Tsar, this is First Air Fleet 1. Confirm on offensive on hostiles 200 miles west of defence line, over." "Confirmed, First Air fleet 1. Proceed 200 miles west to predicted hostile location, over." "Affirmative, Tsar. First Air fleet 1, out." "Attention all ground and air battalions, this is High Command. We have confirmed all lost communication with invaded countries. Sattellite Reconnaissance confirms. Hostile forces are large and considered very strong. We must strike the hostiles before they reach the defence line. All remaining battalions who have not been assigned a position are to go along side First Air Fleet 200 miles west of defence line and further if neccessary. We must also place priority of defending the entire Eastern Bloc if possible. Our forces will rendezvous with armed forces from Ukraine. All forces are now to carry out their orders. High Command out." "Kraken copys all." "Miko copys all." "Hammer copys all"(the rest of the battalions said the same.)
Some time later, radio chatter increased as the offensive was made. "Tsar, Kraken here. Armed forces have rendezvoused with Ukrainian forces and are now proceeding to hostile engagement, over." "Copy, Kraken. Do not show mercy, over." "Affirmative, Tsar. Kraken out." Then thats when the battle of the offensive started. They did not stand a chance. "Kraken, this is Tsar. Sitrep, now, over." "*cough* *cough* The *pant* the hostiles have managed to defeat our battalion, I do not know of the others, but our numbers have reduced greatly. I fear that we- OH NO! HERE COMES ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE HUN-*flechette fire heard*" "Kraken, come in Kraken, do you copy? Kraken! *sigh* Miko, come in Miko, do you copy? Miko? Anyone, do you copy?" "*radio static*" "First Air Fleet, this is Tsar. We've lost contact with our ground forces. Do you copy? over." "First Air Fleet 1, copys all, over." "First Air Fleet 1, give me a sitrep. over." "It is not looking good, the skies are filled with hostile air forces. We are having a hard time-*explosion heard*" "First Air Fleet 1, come in First Air Fleet 1, do you copy? over" "*more radio static*" "Drajon, this is Tsar. We've lost contact with forces in the offensive. Do you copy? over." "Drajon copys all, over." "Drajon, be ready for intense hostile engagement, over." "Affirmative, Tsar. Preparing for attacks, over." "Copy, Tsar out." Drajon didnt stand a chance either. "Tsar, hostiles have pushed our forces back. Some have already proceeded into the country, we are having a lot of trouble fighting them ba-*strider cannon heard*" "Drajon? Come in damnit! High Command, defence line has been breached! Advise."
Not too long later, an entire massive fleet of gunships and dropships was above Moscow. They began firing at anything in sight. Boris took cover where he could. The battle lasted for an hour, and then the hostiles seized fire.
The Russian defence in the west border and the offensive was futile as the hostiles, or otherwise known as the Combine, had defeated them in a matter of two hours. The Combine finally arrived at Moscow where the battle continued. Boris knew the military stood no chance. Russia, along with all the nations of the Earth, surrendered shortly after.
Boris was then transferred to City 45. Boris is enthusiastic about life under Combine rule. The way everyone is at the same level and civilization is valued highly, it reminds him of the old Communist ways of the Soviet Union. Because alcohol has been out-lawed, Boris has been able to overcome his alcoholism. Because of all the good the Universal Union has done so far for him, Boris is a Loyalist.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
Yes, I have, but he was PK'd (but I still am debating with myself whether it was OOC or IC). He was pk'ed because I appearently powergamed. It was an honest mistake and will never be made again.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Not in-game servers, but forum roleplays, its been about 7-10 months now.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Since I started on HL2RP, which is the same as how long I've been at CG, which has been since October 15th, 2011.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Same as above, October 15th, 2011.

4. What Time zone are you in?
Eastern Standard Time (US/Canada).

5. In what country do you live?
The United States.

6. How old are you?
15 currently, 16 on April 29th, 2012.

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?
There was a necrotics event, I was bit by a fast headcrab, NOVA took me in to check if I was infected. I was not, they let me out, but there were fast zombies outside. They killed them and I ran as fast as I could back to the UCH. The following was completely intense, a hunter came and everything. It was almost like the Seven Hour War. It was so fun!

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
Yes, I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Boris Gorbachev
CID: 12724
Height: 6'2
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 157 Lbs
Mental Distinctions: Fluent in Russian. Observant and very aware.
Mental Defects: Former Alcoholic.
Mental Advantages: Can assess situations quickly.
Notable Qualities: Great will to work.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Never, I would never do anything to get myself detained, not even before Mankind's liberation(//SHW).

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, I do so enthusiastically. I have dismissed the false rumors of added substances that cause unwanted side effects. The Universal Union would never harm us with our own food.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, I would do so enthusiastically. It is for the greater good of all mankind.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, I do accept all actions performed by me as my own responsibility and will not deny.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, for I have already made that choice.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
I am a Loyalist. I wish to make the world a better place by doing my Loyalist duties. I have joined the CWU. In there, I planned to help the Universal Union rehabilitate mankind. I have done so.
However, I feel I have not done my fullest as a Loyalist. I feel that I can help the Universal Union in a better way. This better way is joining the Civil Protection, better known as the Combine Civil Authority. I wish to help make a better future for mankind. I wish to detain those troublemakers that I see everyday, rather than just report them on my Request Device. I wish to save mankind, from itself.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Boris Gorbachev hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Boris Gorbachev's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:49:21 PM »
UNIT: 522
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: Divisional Leader
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...