Author Topic: [OCRP] Rule Clarification  (Read 6912 times)

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[OCRP] Rule Clarification
« on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:20 PM »
A lot of discussion has been going on about a certain rule, and in private, we have decided that...

When coming to an intersection and you are greeted with a red light, you may turn right on the red light.

Some things to note:
  • This only applies to right turns.
  • You MUST make a complete stop and yield the right of way (meaning you must let other cars coming from the left or turning in front of you turn before you proceed).

If you have any questions as to why this is the way it is, we would be glad to answer them. Please however don't begin a heated debate over it as it has been set which way this rule will be played. Hopefully this post will prevent anyone from posting anymore threads regarding this.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [OCRP] Rule Clarification
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
Ignore Nick.

Right turn on red is allowed but not required, you can wait until it is green if you feel.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
This does not count before RoflWaffle confirmed it! Ignore this "rule" for now because SOMEONE decided to overstep his authority without confirmation from those who actually do have the authority.

Not to say unnecessary things, but right on red was never against the rules, and since we follow American road laws, you could always turn right on red. Cough cough.
Live free or die

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »
This does not count before RoflWaffle confirmed it! Ignore this "rule" for now because SOMEONE decided to overstep his authority without confirmation from those who actually do have the authority.

Not to say unnecessary things, but right on red was never against the rules, and since we follow American road laws, you could always turn right on red. Cough cough.
That is something we discussed, and we do not actually follow every single american road law.
what

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »
Where is Evocity even located at? It could be in Thunderfuckland for all we know.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
I'm just going to say that this was useless to post,  we already knew we could turn right (Even tho some admins where so dumb they would physgun you up to the roof in your car for turning right on red)

I mean it was common sense to know this stuff right?  And we make a news/post about it. lol

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
Even tho some admins where so dumb
You're one to talk.

Evocity, if I recall, is based on a city in Colorado, United States.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 04:57:08 PM »
Even tho some admins where so dumb
You're one to talk.

Evocity, if I recall, is based on a city in Colorado, United States.

Evocity is based in Minnesota - hence the Minnesota State Police skin for Sickness Cars.
I could find a thread where Sgt. Sgt. specifically says it is in Minnesota but I'm lazy.
Live free or die

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:06:50 PM »
Blame me for being stupid, but the Sickess Vehicles author is the same author for the map? sorry, been playing tf2 too much.

Offline tics

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:12:37 PM »
Blame me for being stupid, but the Sickess Vehicles author is the same author for the map? sorry, been playing tf2 too much.

Yes.
Live free or die

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 05:13:16 PM »
Derp basic rules of the road.

Offline Christopher Jay

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 05:15:46 PM »
New rule: can't drive at all.

5% warning for trolling/joking in a serious thread ~ Crap-Head

Shocked that he didn't remove the post at all this time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 05:23:10 PM by Participant Zero »

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
I'm just going to say that this was useless to post,  we already knew we could turn right (Even tho some admins where so dumb they would physgun you up to the roof in your car for turning right on red)

I mean it was common sense to know this stuff right?  And we make a news/post about it. lol

This was indeed necessary. We had a 3 page discussion in the admin forum about this, and it wasn't too pretty. I also happened to look in the OCRP Guides section, and sure enough I found a guide where somebody said that it was allowed and an admin mis-corrected him saying it wasn't. Now, for instance, that player may be thinking that you can't turn on red, when you certainly can.

This is something that was needed to be brought up, and Nicknero, please don't try to claim I "overstepped" the "higher ups", because I read RTLK's post in the admin forum which stated it was clearly allowed, allowing this to be confirmed. I like how you think making it in big bold red letters makes you look cool. For that, your post was deleted :)

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »

This is something that was needed to be brought up, and Nicknero, please don't try to claim I "overstepped" the "higher ups", because I read RTLK's post in the admin forum which stated it was clearly allowed, allowing this to be confirmed. I like how you think making it in big bold red letters makes you look cool. For that, your post was deleted :)
Nick don't be an elitist k?

Warning issued. Unneeded comment. Not you're job to tell someone something like that. Rofl will do that if necessary. ~ Crap-Head
Reply: It is my opinion and I have a right to that, it is blatantly obvious that he is being elitist, show a little respect to others opinions.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:08:31 PM by Teh Penguin »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 04:30:37 AM »
The way you made this thread and how you posted in the other thread was clearly "Oh look guys, it's in the guides hence I'm right as always hence I make this news posts withing caring a damn what other admins think."
And before anyone else claims I'm elitist, that post which you find necessary to remove was written by both me and JiggerFrizz. Two SA's who both agreed that this thread was far from necessary.

However, this isn't the place to start arguments like this, so lets drop the subject.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal