Author Topic: Rebel Sentiment  (Read 7031 times)

Offline PLUMPDRAGONFLY

• View Profile
    • Awards
Rebel Sentiment
« on: November 23, 2011, 06:32:35 PM »
I feel like something is definately lacking on this server...

The lack of rebel /sentiment/ is fairly astounding. Just about every citizen I see is a loyalist.

You may be asking, "Why is this?" (probably not, but it could be happening)

It's because we have nothing to gain IC by being rebel. While it is maybe "more realistic" that way, or what have you, it does create a bit of a stagnant situation. I'm not saying throw rebels out in the slums with tonsa gunz, I'm just saying, let there be SOMETHING to gain by going into the slums, going against the tides. Maybe open up a place where people can get (holy f**k) alcohol in the slums, or perhaps small pieces of contraband. Maybe it could naturally develop into some sort of rebellious movement, or maybe it just stays the one place were man-sheeps can be "human".

TL;DR, Open up a bar in the slums to promote rebel sentiment and humanism.

I'd be willing to be the bar tender/rum runner/whatever, but I'd rather not be the bartender, not really my gig.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rebel Sentiment
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 06:41:43 PM »
you dont notice anyone being a rebel? surely that's the point

Offline PLUMPDRAGONFLY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:17:12 PM »
You're saying that the point of a rebel is to "not get noticed"? That seems a bit silly to me.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 10:45:40 PM »
Well, if rebels were common and known, they would surely be exterminated.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 11:04:07 PM »
I hate rebels. They are stupid and very easily wiped off the face of the earth by the combine due to their stupidness.

Just saying. Rebels are completely uncanon

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Offline Don Captain

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »
I feel like something is definately lacking on this server...

The lack of rebel /sentiment/ is fairly astounding. Just about every citizen I see is a loyalist.

You may be asking, "Why is this?" (probably not, but it could be happening)

It's because we have nothing to gain IC by being rebel. While it is maybe "more realistic" that way, or what have you, it does create a bit of a stagnant situation. I'm not saying throw rebels out in the slums with tonsa gunz, I'm just saying, let there be SOMETHING to gain by going into the slums, going against the tides. Maybe open up a place where people can get (holy f**k) alcohol in the slums, or perhaps small pieces of contraband. Maybe it could naturally develop into some sort of rebellious movement, or maybe it just stays the one place were man-sheeps can be "human".

TL;DR, Open up a bar in the slums to promote rebel sentiment and humanism.

I'd be willing to be the bar tender/rum runner/whatever, but I'd rather not be the bartender, not really my gig.

This happened.

The guy got banned, and I tried to do it.

We all got sold out by minges. Which is why we don't like to do this.

Then again I haven't been on City in a while, so.
James Morgan/UNIFORM-OfC.620 - City 18 - Alive
Johnathan Stapeur - City 18 Outer Canals - Alive
Unknown/UU.OTA.REAPER-9.76620 - Outlands - Alive
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: Stick you Spontanious Judgement Device
[LOOC] Jennifer Greene: In my QUantum Physics hole

Offline D3adf0x

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
Just saying. Rebels are completely uncanon

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Rebel
http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Underground_Railroad

They are kinda incanon, and also, I agree with this post, we need some sort of 'underground' life in sector 6.

NRK

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 06:43:16 PM »
If we all followed canon down to the letter there would be:
No CWU
No loyalists(while you could somewhat reason to it, there are no loyalists that you meet in HL2)
Not very much talking between civvies
No high command
No CP ranks in general

Point is: Make your own canon. Have fun. Quit being so apathetic to everything that isn't Civil Protection

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 07:15:07 PM »

Rebels are a stupid concept in general, as well as being the second largest creation of failrp and totally out of Canon as it stands in the to canon we have established.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Rebel Sentiment
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
If we all followed canon down to the letter there would be:
No CWU
No loyalists(while you could somewhat reason to it, there are no loyalists that you meet in HL2)
Not very much talking between civvies
No high command
No CP ranks in general

Point is: Make your own canon. Have fun. Quit being so apathetic to everything that isn't Civil Protection
You're wrong. The canon you are using to extrapolate these ideas are that of the game playthrough which is stupid to follow as it is not a representation of the true citizen canon that would actually occur.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 07:56:28 PM »
"rebels" as people call them shouldnt be shooting at cops they should be trying to help citizens escape, spread their word of fighting against the combine (and by fighting i dont mean blat blating cops), they should be helping citizens rather than plotting against the combine

NRK

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 08:00:43 PM »
You're wrong. The canon you are using to extrapolate these ideas are that of the game playthrough which is stupid to follow as it is not a representation of the true citizen canon that would actually occur.

Hmm.. the canon I am using? It IS the canon. There is no other canon above it. All roads lead from the gameplay. Everything, that isn't solid from the gameplay, are presumptions. You only see citizens being terrified. You can only presume that some citizens have fallen for propaganda. There is no proof. There is no citizen canon that exists without presumptions. You can't even prove that citizens aren't combine robot spies with 3 nipples. You can't prove any citizen RP "would" happen other than what you have seen. It is therefore you are leading off canon and agree with me that we shouldn't.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 08:31:12 PM »

Hmm.. the canon I am using? It IS the canon. There is no other canon above it. All roads lead from the gameplay. Everything, that isn't solid from the gameplay, are presumptions. You only see citizens being terrified. You can only presume that some citizens have fallen for propaganda. There is no proof. There is no citizen canon that exists without presumptions. You can't even prove that citizens aren't combine robot spies with 3 nipples. You can't prove any citizen RP "would" happen other than what you have seen. It is therefore you are leading off canon and agree with me that we shouldn't.
Assumed canon is the canon that the game does not provide and is for events that are not related to the game.  The most commonly accepted assumed canon (MCAAC) is what we operate on, with slight changes for improved RP and because someone in the past decided to change the timings. 

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 08:37:28 PM »
lol, "slight changes" from the most commonly used canon, yeah, right

NRK

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 08:48:28 PM »
I'm not very much sure what you're arguing for and how it relates to my post. Although, you agree with me that you can morph canon for gameplay. Therefore, if ResistenceRP is fun gameplay, you can morph the canon. I don't understand why you're always so against all the RP on the other side RTLK, I really don't. There's an obvious bias within the administration. I'm going to say the most obvious proof of this bias is the relation between my The Underground post and the post with the armbands.
The Underground: Proves to benefit RP(nobody argued against that), both you and Blt agree that it can be done IC, which is would be rather difficult to and to keep it permanent, and I've stated it would take a fraction of effort to implement
The Armbands: Doesn't improve RP, can be done ICly, insta-stickied, fully supported by administration, "I'll get coding for this." - RTLK
I put my finger that the bias is the result of most of the administration coming from the CCA. CCA will mostly see mingey rebels. They don't see well played Resistance. Well-played resistance would not be seen by CCA and so CCA never sees the good side of ResistanceRP. CCA says all on the other side of the fence is a minge. There is no consequence for creating any official other-sidely force, as anything can be gone overnight. Look to the other side of RP.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal