Author Topic: What games should I start playing?  (Read 6297 times)

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What games should I start playing?
« on: November 11, 2011, 04:18:45 PM »
I will be getting a really good computer on my birthday on July 5.  So I will probable become more of a PC gamer.

Let me start,

My interest in games is beginning to fade.  I mostly play shooters, i am thinking of playing different games like skyrim, batman, and many others. (I have already played many earlier titles of elder scrolls, assassin's creed, all the fables, and etc...) Start playing games form different franchises.  If I still don't have interest in games I may quit all together.  MW3 is decent but im gettin tired of cod.  Gettin tired of battlefield.  I'm pissed that I wasted $50 on cod elite, it wont work cause my age on my xbox is under 18.  I don't know what I shall do.  Also seems I keep making bad decisions on games and buy shitty ones rather than good ones.  Yes I get excited when I get a new game or watching videos of a upcoming game.  When I play it I am highly disappointed or I get bored of it fast and it merely only last me a couple of days, a week at its maxed.  I am thinking of playing more single player oriented games as well, I would love to find a good game with a awesome multiplayer feature and have a good campaign, which these games are hard to find. I would still like to stick with multiplayer games and play with friends, and I find multiplayer fun as well.   Also, when I was younger games weren't as hard to keep me happy.  The past 2 years it has been hard for me to find a great game.  Hell, just a few years ago when MW2 was out, I thought this game was really good, that's why one reason I thought MW3 would keep me busy, I am still playing MW3 a bit, but I am getting bored of it quickly.  Plus with lack of money to spend on games, I must choose games wisely.  I have also been getting slightly smarter about games, I have been renting several games to see if I like it, I didn't do this with Battlefield 3 and modern warfare 3 cause I thought they will be really good and keep me occupied.  Plus I don't go to a rental place much, plus the one in town is very small and never has new games, and if it does, they only have one copy of it and its gone within a couple of hours.

What games should I start getting other than battlefield, call of duty, and these other average day shooters.  Opinions?

EDIT: I am still going to keep playing on CG and etc...
(I may add more stuff later on)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:25:07 PM by CrazyNinja »

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What games should I start playing?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 04:25:29 PM »
Long lasting games; RPG's tend to be good, or adventures.

Maybe try racing games if your in to that?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:34:48 PM »
Excusme what? July 5?

Ain't it a bit to early to post this if your birthday is in more than half a year?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:41:57 PM »
Well, there are few games I can suggest you to play:

Borderlands - unique shooter, focusing on 4 players cooperation. I simply love this game.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 30 Hs of amazing singleplayer story. But no multiplayer.
Portal 1/2 - doesn't need description.
BioShock 1/2 - doesn't need description either :P
The Witcher 1/2 - great RPG, really complicated. Only singleplayer.
Torchlight - Liked Diablo? You'll like this too!
Sacred 1/2 - must-play RPG/Hack 'n Slash.
Gothic 1/2/3/4 - my favourite RPG of all time :3 But Gothic 4 (Arcania) is like... bad.
Risen - RPG from the creators of Gothic 1 & 2. It's just like Gothic, but with different name.
Just Cause 2 - freedom, a lot of it. You can go everywhere and do whatever you want.

All that I can think of right now. These are first that came to my mind after thinking about 'good' games.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:50:28 PM »
I agree with Veran about Borderlands, it is a kick ass game and they're about to come out with Borderlands 2 which gives a little more story to the guys from Borderlands 1.
Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe are also great, they both have multiplayer capability, but both are for xbox only. PSO is xbox, gamecube, and PC though. PC version however is PSOE4BB (Phantasy Star Online Episode 4 Blue Burst) which is episodes 1 and 2 combined I guess and has a little more on it. There are still some servers up for PSOBB but not really many. Still need to get back to playing PSU since I am almost done with the story and haven't been on it in a while.
Not sure if you would count game mods for this, but I'd also suggest getting Nightmare House 2 cause it is supposed to kinda scare the shit out of you. Although if you saw the walkthrough vids that I did, it made it so funny and you just can't take it seriously when you see the Easter Egg.
One of my favorite RTS's would be Dawn of War by Warhammer 40k and there's quite a few of those with free multiplayer and you can get the first one with the first 2 expansions pretty cheap, got them for me for a total of $30 at Best Buy.
That's all I can really think of at the moment for good PC games to get and play around on.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 05:16:19 PM »
I own borderlands, and I made this because I can still play games on my xbox 360 and as a future reference.  I will still play on my xbox 360 and if a game doesn't need high requirements I can get them on my PC.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 05:36:11 PM »
Well, there are few games I can suggest you to play:

Portal 1/2 - doesn't need description.
Gothic 1/2/3/4 - my favourite RPG of all time :3 But Gothic 4 (Arcania) is like... bad.
Just Cause 2 - freedom, a lot of it. You can go everywhere and do whatever you want.

All that I can think of right now. These are first that came to my mind after thinking about 'good' games.

Those above i've played and i'd recommend, all pretty awesome.

I dont really know much what kind of games you do like.. but if you like RPG/run and kill shit, wait for Diablo 3 and grab that, i've seen some stuff from it and it looks pretty awesome.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »
Modern Warfare 3 Nope

Atari 80 classic games in one

*edit*  - They don't sell it on steam anymore D:

I like playing it.  Probably get an arcade machine if I hate the money.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 05:49:17 PM »
I suggest you try some older games too.

The old Deus Ex is imo, one of the best RPG's out there.
Old C&C will blow your fucking mind so i suggest you give that a go.

I'll try and think of a few more suggestions later ;)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 06:07:14 PM »
Diablo 2
Morrowind
Rise of Nations
(expanding on jigger)
C&C Red Alert 1/2
C&C Tiberian sun

n stuff

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 06:11:31 PM »
Diablo 2
Morrowind
Rise of Nations
(expanding on jigger)
C&C Red Alert 1/2
C&C Tiberian sun

n stuff
Diablo 2 = Amazing game.
Never played Morrowind or Rise of Nations.
All the C&C's you said are awsome games, especially RA 1. I also suggest you play C&C and C&C Covert ops. Those 2 games will literally have a place in my heart untill I die. I fucking grew up with them <3
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 06:15:56 PM »
Oh, I was meant to add C&C generals too, that shit is awesome. Especially with Zero Hour

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
SKYRIM.  Yes, buy that game please.  Also, we haven't played OCRP together in a while so next time you're on we play.

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 12:16:54 AM »
I would suggest Fallout 3, a game that I've played for hundreds of hours and am STILL playing it, or Fallout: NV, a game maybe not as good as Fallout 3, but good none the less. Maybe try Half-life: Source if you haven't played it yet, as well as Opposing Force and Blue Shift.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »
Well most games before 2005 I have probably played on lan with my brothers.  Some of my favorite older games are diablo 2, Unreal tournament 2004, halo: CE, and etc...

I was excited for Diablo 3, but I don't like where they are going with it.  Diablo 3 looks like its going to be shit imo.  I have my reasons.

I was wanting Twisted Metal when it came out,but my ps3 is currently broken and its ps3 only.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal