Author Topic: [PLAN] Servers Page Update  (Read 2403 times)

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[PLAN] Servers Page Update
« on: November 06, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »
Me and Somone77 are going to be starting a new project which includes the renovation of the Garry's Mod Servers page. Our plan is to make them efficient with more information given specifically for each server. A layout of what we are going to replicate is picture below:

Unclicked

Clicked banner box

Clicked "Lottery"

Here are some things to know about these images:
  • When clicking the banner or any of the information links, a slide-out animation will be seen to bring the new box into view.
  • All red words are links.
  • Links will be changed to correspond with each server.
  • If you were to have clicked "Forum Section", rather than "Lottery", you would be taken to the forum section that corresponds to that server.
  • If you were to have clicked a different button, rather than "Lottery" (and not "Forum Section" or "Rules"), the "Lottery Information" section would be replaced with more information specific to that server.

Comments and/or suggestions are welcomed!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 05:38:47 PM by *anonim* »

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [PLAN] Servers Page Update
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »
Few comments/suggestions/shit

Remove Garrysmod and MC Tabs and just make one tab for Servers displaying all this (MC Can display players online)

Change the font it looks good at first but after seeing it used for all of it, well... Its gotten abit annoying.

Add some color... we are not tasteless :P

Other than that it looks better than RTLK's crappy banners.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 06:18:34 PM »
Few comments/suggestions/shit

Remove Garrysmod and MC Tabs and just make one tab for Servers displaying all this (MC Can display players online)

Change the font it looks good at first but after seeing it used for all of it, well... Its gotten abit annoying.

Add some color... we are not tasteless :P

Other than that it looks better than RTLK's crappy banners.

You're misinterpreting what those images represent. What I'm trying to show is what the layout of the servers page will look like after we complete it. They won't be blank white and black text like that, and there will be a much nicer banner for each server. Also, your idea about combining the tabs is what we expected to do already.

Hope that clears some of your thoughts up.

Offline Christopher Jay

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 01:20:51 AM »
Honestly, CG needs a new logo.

I'll see if I can do gewd concept.

Offline Sniping Hazard

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:33:15 AM »
This implement will help bring some new prospect to this forums.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 04:55:31 PM »
Honestly, CG needs a new logo.

I'll see if I can do gewd concept.

Can I ask how that pertains to this topic whatsoever? I don't see the logo ANYWHERE in the pictures.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal