Author Topic: Wrap Up - The Issue(s) With CGHL2RP  (Read 14802 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Wrap Up - The Issue(s) With CGHL2RP
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:00:27 AM »
So it has come to this. I have nothing to lose so I believe I’ll take this opportunity to do some serious calling out of certain individuals. I won’t go into my story because it won’t make a bit of difference.

Abbott

When you first joined the CCA and climbed up to the ranks of 02/03 you were great. You were a reliable friend and I enjoyed our banter in Vent. However, since you were given operator and promoted up to OfC you’ve turned into a bit of a… Prick (IC and OOC). I’m sorry to say it that way but I’m not here to fancy up my words and I am not the only one to think this. It’s saddened me that you’ve turned into this person, and perhaps I pointing this out to you will be a wakeup call? I think power has turned you in to this person, and unless you want to be disliked by a lot of people I suggest changing your attitude. Be the person you were at 02/03 because that’s the Abbott everyone knows and loves.

RTLK/Karma

You are the biggest problem the CCA has right now. You make excuses to not get crucial stuff done and simply use your position of power to be a badass IC. I can go even further and say you act like a SeC OOCly as well. Do you even remember the last time you were a regular unit? I doubt it, because you seem to have an inherent lack of empathy for anyone DvL and below. The only reason you’re still keeping this position of power is because you’re in bed with roflwaffle, and would probably make a hissy fit and stop developing for the script if you were taken down from your SeC position. Can you prove me wrong?

Roflwaffle

I don’t really know you. But from the decisions I’ve seen you make you’re just really… *facepalm* I don’t think there’s a word. Just lots and lots of favouritism and illogical decisions, I won’t go into it.

Here’s a question posed to both RTLK and Roflwaffle;
What future plans do you have for this community?

The answer to this question is not just for me, but for everyone.

Those are the negatives out of the way.

Everyone Else (I don’t want to point out individuals in case of favouritism)

I do not regret coming to CG, I’ve had some very good RP here and made some good friends. There is just a minority of people who ruin the experience with their egos. To those of you in the CCA who have stuck by me, good luck in the future I sincerely hope that it gets brighter, because in its current state it’s just a mess of miscommunication, misinformation and favouritism. I managed to get quite far without having to step on other people’s toes to get there, but in the end the power hungry had their way and I was hung out to dry. Try not to let this happen to you, and try not to let this community change who you are, because, hey, you can always leave, and when you start looking around you find places that you were missing out on.

On that note, I bid you adieu Catalyst Gaming, of course, those of you I know on Steam I will still talk to you. ;)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Wrap Up - The Issue(s) With CGHL2RP
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
"Favouritism and illogical decisions"
Elaborate.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:18:36 AM »
Elaborate.

Examples:

Abbott, you gave him operator after seeing him teaching a new player in the server whilst he was in vent. This is unfair to those who have been doing such things before he has, but weren't on at the right time or in the right place for you to notice.

Still keeping RTLK and Raiden on SeC when they're not doing their job correctly in that area. And the whole thing with toy, I have nothing against toy, but if you're not active to do your job you step down, this took far too long to happen.

Chunkey being demoted when he was the DvL APEX needed to get going and not just sitting around being another UNION.

Giving Zod SeC too late, he also was another figure who could have turned the CCA around for the better.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »
Elaborate.

Examples:

Abbott, you gave him operator after seeing him teaching a new player in the server whilst he was in vent. This is unfair to those who have been doing such things before he has, but weren't on at the right time or in the right place for you to notice.

Still keeping RTLK and Raiden on SeC when they're not doing their job correctly in that area. And the whole thing with toy, I have nothing against toy, but if you're not active to do your job you step down, this took far too long to happen.

Chunkey being demoted when he was the DvL APEX needed to get going and not just sitting around being another UNION.

Giving Zod SeC too late, he also was another figure who could have turned the CCA around for the better.

Abbott wasn't given it just based on helping people, it was mainly admins recommending him for it.
I don't play HL2RP much at all and as a result have no idea what they aren't doing right, care to elaborate on that?
Wasn't my doing
Wasn't my doing
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
I don't play HL2RP much at all and as a result have no idea what they aren't doing right, care to elaborate on that?

Not "getting shit done", so to speak. The CCA is moving at a snails pace, we are on the information super highway, and yet when something needs doing, be it something like reviewing APEX or re-organizing GRID it never gets done. Even something as simple as organizing protocol for the S6HAP took over a week to sort out.

There is a lot of ambiguity in certain rules and regulations, the most specific example I can think of that applies to me is the loadout authorizations and specifications. Something as simple as not specifying the amount of such an item you can carry has landed me in the predicament I found myself in yesterday.

The main issue is the LACK of stuff being done.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:47:20 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »
I agree with genereal's post.
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline The Different Turret

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:51:30 AM »
Yes as much as I love CG and hl2rp I don't know if I can stay when my friends are being wronged and such said in this post.
Signature by Thunderbluff

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 10:16:19 AM »

I can agree and disagree on this.
I've been teaching about the same amount as Abbott, if not more (Before he became and Operator.) and I know that the whole Poll that Ghost made didn't help my chances, but it just seems that people who teach new players aren't as appreciated as they should be. I'm not saying that they should get operator/admin, but still.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline The Different Turret

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
Rictalspace, I'm surprised you're not, I've seen you help out a whole lot, like everyday you were teaching new players.
Signature by Thunderbluff

Offline Darkshifter98

• Flipper of Elephants
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 11:53:03 AM »
Anyways, I do have to agree, the CCA is pretty unorganized. When I hop on my GRID unit I'm usually the only one on, thus I can't get trained. I haven't found many problems with Abbott, because IC, as the UNION OfC, he has to be touch on other units, you can't really be "Nice" as a HC officer. But I haven't really seen him being a prick OOC, probably because I've only played HL2RP with him. Now, don't get my wrong, RTLK as done some good things for HL2RP as well as CG, but if he's too busy making CG better to perform his dutys as a SeC, then he should step down, and give other HC units a chance at it, if they want of course. Same with the other SeCs.
Of course, this is just my two cents.
\\\"Hold right bumper to flip... wait, what? How did you do that?\\\"

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 01:20:11 PM »
1. Yeah everyone wants admin, sad but true.
Most members act like robots the moment they achieve the position as admin and seem to think their know everything(while also acting patronising), this can come across as being a prick.
2. Karma, I would have to agree on (but who really cares...)

3. and RoflWaffle has done nothing wrong

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 01:40:24 PM »
To add on(In my opinion) Rofl its much less what you've done and more of what you HAVEN'T done.
Chunky being removed from DvL was more or less because he bitches a lot, not the "Inactivity" that karma says so(And if it is karma your the biggest fucking dick in the world, school>hl2rp).

Chunky is the best DvL by far and he gets removed for bullshit reasons, yet Leomarr(No offence) acts like a dick to every one and fucks up the recruit to 04 of any division so badly that I'd bypass it in a second because(It could have changed I haven't looked.) from what I've been able to make out in this cluster fuck of a CCA is that you have to do ALL of you UNION 04(Not recruit to 04 all the 04 training ON top of of the recruit bullshit) when they should learn this shit before they even fucking get 04 and if need be have the training's included with the rest of the training for the division.

And when I was DvL I didn't know what shit I could do and what I couldn't and when I asked I would get "Go die" and "I dunno" FROM both of the SeCs.....

Karma have you even changed the flag so FALCON can spawn their helicopters?

Command has its head so far up its own ass it can't see whats in front of them.

Hell I don't think there's any "Citizen RP" What so ever on the server because when I try on my citizen it gets fucked up by the CCA interfering with bullshit they shouldn't, we haven't had a resistance group last more than a month since the brotherhood because the CCA's full of ego-manics that WON'T let a resistance be just for the role-play.

/rant.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 02:11:35 PM »
     I honestly don't see any problems with any of the people you listed.  Abbott is a nice guy, good admin, and good OfC.  I haven't seen Rofl make any bad decisions really, I know he doesn't play much but he doesn't really have to, what we need is a new SeC..  RTLK is a very busy guy, if he's not doing dev work on the servers he's actually at work.  Every time I'm on my unit, I basically never see problems, except for the odd time when I'm the only one on. 

As for problems with the CCA, this is how I see it:  There is not enough GRID at all, they have no OfC and I haven't seen the DvL much but we're in different time zones so I can't really say much about him.  NOVA has a good DvL and lately I've seen the OfC getting active, but they don't have enough members and I don't see them going anywhere.  When a unit gets injured there's almost never a NOVA unit on to do the medical work which is starting to get out of hand.  Obviously the thing about a SeC who actually has time to do shit is needed, but when Karma actually has time to get on I haven't seen him do anything wrong.  Anyways, that's how I feel about it.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »
If you don't realize, there is a lot that goes on that nobody see's. Including under the admin board, and the high command board(I hope.)

Also, if we didnt have karma and raiden as sec? Who the fuck would we? Nobody is a ideal candidate for the SeC rank.

Also, if you want to get shit done;

Make a list.
PM It to some sort of admin or high ranking person(prefrably a few of them).
Ask them once or twice to get it posted in relevant boards to get it done.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 03:16:53 PM by Blt »
what

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 03:16:03 PM »
If you don't realize, there is a lot that goes on that nobody see's. Including under the admin board, and the high command board(I hope.)

Also, if we didnt have karma and raiden as sec? Who the fuck would we? Nobody is a ideal candidate for the SeC rank.

Also, if you want to get shit done;

Make a list.
PM It to some sort of admin or high ranking person(prefrably a few of them).
Ask them once or twice to get it posted in relevant boards to get it done.

Not necessarily true. In the APEX private forums we have had a post about some changes we want to make to APEX for going on 2 weeks and it still has yet to be looked at and approved by UU personal, despite them being asked several times. A lot of things simply don't get done.

To others:
Also, I don't think you can defend Abbott. His character has turned into a 100% dick since OFC, even more than you should be at OFC. He also speaks to any non-admins incredibly condescendingly and doesn't respect their opinions. Also, I'm gonna have to add Leo to the list of problem people for basically the same reasons as Abbott, except he has more power.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal