Author Topic: Garry's Big update. Recommendation.  (Read 1752 times)

Offline -?EPC?- ::Frosty

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Garry's Big update. Recommendation.
« on: October 29, 2011, 03:55:54 AM »
Okay the reason I'm posting this here is mainly so that the developers and admins of HL2RP will see this.

As you know the big update is changing a lot and I have an informant that has the beta access and tells me that the update does break a portion (mostly client) of the gamemode, therefore I suggest you make a backup copy of gmod that won't get updated so that you can use some old files as well as backing up the vgui files so that you can make the vgui panels in OA work.

I used forum post to grab the attention of all the devs as its easier and helps to confirm such matter. No rage posts ;p

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Garry's Big update. Recommendation.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 06:32:25 AM »
Garry did say that the "big" developers of Garry's Mod gamemodes have been brought in on the beta so that they can fix their gamemodes for when the big switch over is. So, the question is.

Is kuro on that list?

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »
Kuro surely is on that list, he's working pretty closely with Garry. IT's up to him to fix OA, or release Clockwork. We can't do much about if OA will break due to the update, apart from hoping everything can be fixed.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:28 AM »
I'm gunna do my best to either get in on the beta or get someone to get me access to it via other means so that we dont have a completely broken community.  Even if it does break everything it can be fixed pretty damn easily, it just will suck cause it will take time.

Offline -?EPC?- ::Frosty

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 02:41:45 PM »
OA will probally still work but you'll probally have to make the client download the older versions of some of the vgui panels unless Kuro can fix it all ;p

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 02:45:24 PM »
Meh, we're a smart bunch.  We can do eet!

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 05:37:12 PM »
pretty sure if you ask for beta access via twitter he'll get you it
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal