Poll

Add Towny?

Yes
No

Author Topic: [C-MC2 Poll] Towny?  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[C-MC2 Poll] Towny?
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
So for the release we are debating to Add Towny Or not.

Towny
The imaginations are endless!

Simple Version (Dumbed down)
Towny will make you buy 16x16x128 chunks and create a villiage/town/nation using iConomy money.  You can add residents, charge tax, have plots, and much much more.   This will stop 200 people from building all across the map like crazy and actually save map space.  Starting towns/nations will not cost much and buying more land wont also.  This will have a grid based system and help manuals around.  The main idea for adding this is to make more use for iConomy and pay for land.  I hope you guys deeply think about this before voting "No because MC != RP".

The Smart Version
Towny is a plugin for a Bukkit modded Minecraft server. The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system. Each town has a mayor, while a nation has a king. They both have their own assistants to help run their respective people. Players can also purchase land from the town, as well as an optional daily tax set by the mayor. The player can allow his friends from out of town to build on his land when even his very own town's people can't build if he so wishes.

The bases of protection follows under how the world is separated into chunks. For those unaware, minecraft servers are broken up into 16x16x128 sections of blocks. The 128 being the height from the adimantium floor to the clouds in the sky. The protection ignores the height an focuses on the x and z planes. The default size for grid squares is 16x16, similar to the chunk size (configurable when you start using towny). So claiming a townblock (a grid square) allows that section of land to follow your town's or the plot owner's permissions.

Each town can claim up to a certain amount of townblocks, a set ratio or amount configured in the setting that is relative to the amount of players taking residence in that town. Residents themselves have no limit on how many they claim, however the daily tax (when using alongside iConomy) will take a bite out of their resources. The money is tunneled to the town's bank account that only the mayor can withdraw from, except if the town belongs to a nation. Any town belonging to a nation may be required to pay the nation a daily upkeep as well.

The gods of the land (admins) have the ability to start and end wartime mode. During war, most commands are frozen in order to focus on the event. Whilst at war, block permissions are ignored and any town that is in a nation is completely unprotected to the other nations residents. Also, each cell, or townblock, is given a certain amount of health. When a non-allied player enters the townblock, the townblock's health decreases. The town's residents have to force the player's out while still attacking others. When the health reaches zero, the town loses claim over that townblock. The focus is to defeat the each town's home block where the town's people spawn from.

Land
Any land outside a city(Or not bought) cannot be built on.  Also if you own a city people cant build inside it unless they are a resident(Or bought a plot). Any mobs inside the city cant be killed by outsiders too.

Everything will be controlled.
Wars will not happen. If not it would be a rare event that the chances of happening is .00001 out of 100.  This cannot be abused if on however as everything Both Towns Have to agree on.

Help?
I will include wiki links and a guide to the MC Boards if this is approved. Along with that my ingame help menu will also have it.  So you will never be without :)

Money
Cities will have money and ways to donate into it.  Along with this iConomy will have new ways to earn money.  This will all be explained on release.

For More Info:
Towny Help Wiki
How Towny Works
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 04:42:01 PM by Rainbow Dash - Adam S »

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [C-MC2 Poll] Towny?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »
Voting yes as this will make MC more fun for people and as mentioned, give a more practical use of the iconomy money on the MC server. I just hope that this doesn't turn out to be like the shit storm it was when Lord of the Craft first came out cause within three days of playing that server, I just gave up on it for all the minges running around on it, even if it did have about 200 slots.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline Phalanx

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
I am going to say yes. The reason for this is so that we have a more organized way of building towns and that kind of good stuff. It's better than just finding a place and then go "k lets jst bild her and b dun wit it"

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »
Omg Yes!

Offline Super Supreme Admiral Justin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 05:41:35 PM »
Define "Not cost much"
Graphic artist | Web Designer | Gamer

Offline CrazyNinja

• No dad please
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »
I vote yes.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
Define "Not cost much"

Villiages would cost around 30 Coins for its starting town block then after that every additional block is like 7 Tokens

And it will go from there

Offline Retro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 11:06:18 PM »
I vote for the simple version TBH, if some asshole gangers came and took over my land, I would RQ hard.

Offline lemonshit

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 11:43:23 PM »
DarkAngel and I started a town and we have a shop with our own prices that actually work out pretty fine. If we can do it, so can everyone else. I vote no.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 12:00:20 AM »
DarkAngel and I started a town and we have a shop with our own prices that actually work out pretty fine. If we can do it, so can everyone else. I vote no.
Tittles, that is on the one done by Derka and Somone77, Towny is going to be on the second MC server that is completely new, unless Adam's willing to get some structures from the old map to this one. Anyways, it's 11 o' clock PM and I just had to rigorously go through my research paper and make three different versions of it with the final version being the one to be turned in. Thank god it's done and over with.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 03:24:22 PM »
I vote no. Minecraft is ment to be unrestricted building. Now people are just going to buy small amounts of land and put as much stuff as possible on it.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 03:26:46 PM »
If this is put in then i shall reserve a 16x16 plot of land and build everything i need in it.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 03:56:40 PM »
We need towny for the reason:

Player: Oh sweet! I just finished this house and the rest of this village! This is AWSOME! :D

Griefer: HEHEHEEHE *waves his tounge around evily, as his eyes roll backwards and he begins to make orgasmic noises* TIME TO GRIEF!!!!1122112121111!!!!

Towny: Outsiders cannot build  here

And prevents monsters from spawning in the town and blowing shit up.

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 09:08:07 PM »
Towny will come with CMC2.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal