Author Topic: Calyptic Log (actual server events)  (Read 798 times)

Calypso

Calyptic Log (actual server events)
« on: October 19, 2011, 12:07:14 AM »
//OOC I use events on the server to define my character, so everything listed here happened on the server. I play to lose, but my character plays to win.

'Alvin Calypso'
~I'm not going to bother writing a date as I have no clue what it is, suffice it to say, this, my first entry, is also chronologically primary to the rest of the events I'll briefly describe here. I'm not telling a story, so the things I write here should be concise.

I was not active military when the 7-hour war happened, which is why I'm still alive, and not wherever the rest of the military are. I was injured prior, and as it was deemed an "unrecoverable injury" I was discharged. Since then, the 7-hour war happened, and my tale is no different from anyone else, city to city, confined and oppressed just like everyone else. I would be ashamed of my own cowardice for not standing up were I not intimately aware that being injured it would be for nothing anyway. I do have my pride, but I am also aware of my limitations.

~City 7, or was it 19? Maybe it was 11? I don't remember. They shifted me around between so many cities this month I don't remember which one they stuck me in before I had had enough.

~The "Civil Worker's Union", disgusting. Lapdog citizens of the allmighty regime that oppresses them. I understand that perhaps they need the money, but this is just repulsive. They have a table where anyone can try to work towards being a "good citizen", just pick up a rag and start cleaning. Yeah, just leave your dignity in it's place. I've had about enough of this.

~Busy day, where should I start? Saw the CWU table again, no CP around, and noticed that nobody else seemed to want to do anything other than exactly what they were told. Screw it, I'd had enough, and injury or not I wasn't going to live my live in meaningless servitude. So I acted rashly. Knocked rags off the table, spilled the buckets, caused a mess like an undisciplined child; not my finest moment. But it did get some attention. "Why are you making a mess?" Someone asked me. So I told them I was tired of this nonsense. Someone else asked the same thing, before I knew it I was surrounded by a small group of maybe 5 or more citizens, and I found myself standing on the table chanting very "anti-citizen" remarks.... Yeah, that went well for about 3 minutes or so.

By the time 7 or so citizens had formed up around me, I heard the mechanical babble of the combine. "Get down, get on a wall." Something along those lines, it got to about 10 citizens and me shouting before he had actually gotten me off the table and up against the wall.  He wanted to tie me up and take me away to be silenced, but I was having none of that, so once again acting in rashness, I attempted to incite the crowd, one of maybe 12 citizens and this one combine. Use numbers against him. I heard maybe a couple chants in my favor that made him consider that arresting me could prove more difficult than he imagined.

Almost immidiately a swarm of CP decended upon the crowd, 5 of them against 15 or 16 of us.

This guy trying to tie me decided to end it quickly by shooting me. Hit me right in the arm, would have been worse had another civilian not jumped on his back that very moment. Took him to the ground, held his arms back. I jumped on top, and with my one good arm tried very unsuccessfully to take his weapon.

Another CP stepped in, shot the citizen holding him down, dead. Got a shot off at me, grazed my knee real good, knocked me back.

This CP on the ground, gets up and proceeds to pummel me with his baton. I'm lying there bleeding out, unable to get up, and something happens. I'm not sure what, but the majority of the hoard of combine go back into the nexus, the rest are engaged in pacifying the full-fledged riot.

I hear someone talking over me saying "He's dead", and I feel myself being dragged away quickly.

I come to in an abandoned apartment, I can hear the sirens sounding for the civilians to go inside, and hear shouting and gunshots still. Meanwhile, this one who pulled me out (one who later identified himself as a "Mr. Black", so mysterious ha ha) is stitching me up, and giving me basic medication, splinting my leg, arm in a sling, all that fun stuff.

After a while of talking, hiding, and limping, we found a safer area and waited out the riot rather uneventfully.

~ Got to know "Mr. Black" better, german accent, gauze on his face, doctor or something. Weird dude. Convinced me that I'm not the only one who is fed-up. Maybe being reckless isn't the answer to resistance here, maybe we need something more organized. Either way, I think I've demonstrated my loyalty to the cause.

~Getting on a train right now, heading to a new city with a handful from this city. Nobody I recognize. Maybe a good thing?

Calypso

Re: Calyptic Log (actual server events)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 05:58:50 PM »
~Arrived at city 45, and have been here for a while, not much going on really. Just checking out the area, seeing where to go, and more importantly, where not to.

Specifically I found an area usually guarded by combine, and a large barrier. Today, however, they were distracted with something else, and I was able to get through.

The area was empty, although I did run into the spare citizen who decided to do the same thing. I guess it wasn't much of a surprise that this is how I once again met up with Mr. Black, as he has shown similar belligerence to my own.

~My arm is almost completely healed, though I still wear it in the sling. I had intended to take it out, but it proved advantageous as I was accosted by a combine patrol for being too near a scene of a crime I (surprisingly) had nothing to do with.

As my arm was slung in front,  and he did not remove the sling, he was forced to tie my hands in front. I've considered that this could provide a serious advantage, one that I almost had to use.

I was thrown in a cell with three others. They actually being the perpetrator's of the crime (unbeknownst to me at the time). One by one they were led away into a room, interrogated, shot, and burned.

Down to the last one in the cell with me when I decided I didn't particularly feel like dying just yet. I was contemplating a plan in-which I could convince him to look out the window, and I could come up from behind and use the zip-tie on  my hands to choke him. What this would accomplish aside from chaos, I don't know, but I was willing to try anything.... Thankfully it didn't come to that; I never gained the opportunity, and while he was executed I was let go.

I went back to the "off-limits" zone with Mr. Black, and after exploring more warehouse area, I found a decent looking metal pipe, which I have added to my sling in the appearance of a splint.

This is another advantage to me, as now, not only am I more physically capable as I appear, but I am inconspicuously armed.

~ Off limits zone was sealed-off today. Not a big loss, I suppose, as there was nothing really of note in the area.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal