Author Topic: The Issue With Citizen +20 Tokens Payroll  (Read 2457 times)

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Issue With Citizen +20 Tokens Payroll
« on: October 18, 2011, 05:17:09 AM »
Oddly enough I only just learnt this today so excuse me if this is very obvious to you. But after a certain amount of time, all citizen gain +20 tokens, this repeats every time a certain amount of time passes.

That creates problems like the following.
Spoiler for Hiden:

People going AFK on the server for hours on end so they can get back several hours later with 3840 tokens just by standing there.

Tokens should be exclusively through rations, because citizens NEED rations ICly. But if you just AFK and already have 3840 tokens then there really is no motivation to go there and receive your ration.

"Well people should be going there anyway because it's RP."
Unfortunately some people don't see it that way, and I think it will give people a good kick in the pants to go to rations if their only source of income is through rations.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:21:46 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Offline Trees

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Issue With Citizen +20 Tokens Payroll
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »
Greetings Executor!
We get tokens for standing around and doing nothing? Awesome!

But I digress. Truthfully, I agree with your opinion that tokens should only be gained via rations-or other things like jobs-because how would you get tokens by waiting around for that long? ICly, it makes no sense which is why I don't think it should be. People who stay on the server for hours JUST to get tokens have no lives, but that is very wrong in my opinion. RP servers should be joined to develop your character not to get money. If this poses a problem, I'd vote for it to be changed.

LINE OF EDIT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'd like to know when the screenshot was taken. In the morning or night? I mean there are only three people on the server. How do you know they arn't RPing? I'd like evidence that they're just standing there for tokens.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:49:04 PM by LordFire »
-RegiFire
You ask why, I ask why not.

CITIZEN

Johnathan Issac
- ALIVE, attempting to become a member of the CCA. His business is the second-most priority.

Start Mission.

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:51:46 AM »
It was in the morning, and I infact joined the server when I saw some people on, they were leaning in and around the 45th apartments being AFK.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 02:54:13 AM »
Those 20 tokens are given if you have business permits or the v flags (part of gold.) Not every citizen gets that.

Offline GamingZealot

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »
Those 20 tokens are given if you have business permits or the v flags (part of gold.) Not every citizen gets that.

Along with that is I believe its supposed to be assumed that the tokens are ooc, given so you can get the items that go along with v flags. I don't think you are supposed to be using them for IC things like buying in a shop, simply because you need them to summon the items.
C18.CCA.UNIFORM-RCT.935 says "<:: Yes, I have a pipebomb. Do you require one?
 C45.CCA.APEX-DvL.313 reaches into his magical pocket where everything is contained no matter what it is, and takes out another armband
C45.CCA.UNION-OfC.713 radios in "<:: Oh, and then we get high off of fresh air and have sex with eachother using shotguns as sex toys.
Dr. Amanda Romano broadcasts "Perhaps it's better to compare the UU to an almost miraculous hair growth cream."

Offline GeneralTrivium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »

Along with that is I believe its supposed to be assumed that the tokens are ooc, given so you can get the items that go along with v flags. I don't think you are supposed to be using them for IC things like buying in a shop, simply because you need them to summon the items.

The point is you sell items more expensive than they are for you to buy. So that you make a profit, and then you use that profit to buy more items, expand your business and so on. Not by tokens you are given by the gamemode.

I'm sure you can see where this system can be abused, there's no reason people with businesses can't whore tokens and then buy weapons or whatever.

Offline Nespc

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 05:34:10 AM »
Yeah when i joined on there i tried to talk to them. they were afking......... which brings me to my new idea. an afk kicker for hl2rp. they* got one for OCRP why not hl2rp?

edit: *
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:29:17 AM by nespc »
Characters profiles\r\n\r\nNone: **** i 4got to log on 4 2 long xD

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 05:46:50 AM »
The token benefit is a part of the light black market flag alone

Offline Lord Bravery

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 04:40:25 AM »
LOL I was about to say, I've been getting tokens for idling in the server!?!?!?!? I leave my game up and connected when I'm afk because I don't want to have to wait for it to start back up when I come back to it, lol.
i am a super lazy with no life sob
Gosh, don't scare me like that, lol! If the server did have the payroll (or I had the proper flag(s)), I would log out so that I would be playing fair. I idled because I didn't think it would give me any kind of advantage over anyone else by doing so.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 04:47:26 AM by The Butt Inspector »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Issue With Citizen +20 Tokens Payroll
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 07:55:39 PM »
Is it really that big of a deal. Seriously there's barely rations at all. We don't need to fix what's not broken.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal