Author Topic: Breencasts?  (Read 1565 times)

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Breencasts?
« on: October 15, 2011, 10:11:13 PM »
Are Breencasts, or anouncement broadcasts similar to the Breencasts, made in the RP? I saw the big Breencast screen but never saw anyone speak in it. And if so, what type of addresses are made? Regular announcements? Event addresses?

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Breencasts?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:31:37 AM »
It is just like the Breencasts on HL2 where the Administrator talks about recent events, etc.

Also, I don't think I've seen a post from you yet where it could have been answered in Shoutbox, and doing this to get a CCA Application in will get you denied, seeing as you also said you wanted to join CCA anyway regardless of your RP Experience in a previous thread.

Offline idiedie2

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
Like what Abbott said, it's mainly used when an event happened. The administrator will make a speech to calm everyone down IC.
You're only delaying the inevitable. I have the Tacitus. I am invincible. The Tacitus told me of Tiberium missiles, of invulnerable flying ships, of real-time genetic mutation. More than alien. More than human! The next step in our evolution as a species!

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
Also, I don't think I've seen a post from you yet where it could have been answered in Shoutbox, and doing this to get a CCA Application in will get you denied, seeing as you also said you wanted to join CCA anyway regardless of your RP Experience in a previous thread.

Wow you are the second person who mentioned the shoutbox, I told YankeeSamurai that I prefer to post things instead, I'm more used to that. The last community I was in didnt have a shoutbox. Also, from looking at it, I can see that its mainly something to post questions about bugs or problems. Believe me, if I were doing this to get my count up, I wouldv'e posted things twice as fast, even necroposting and discussion of other topics, but I don't want to get banned so I am not. CCA isn't worth getting banned.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:08 PM »

Wow you are the second person who mentioned the shoutbox, I told YankeeSamurai that I prefer to post things instead, I'm more used to that. The last community I was in didnt have a shoutbox. Also, from looking at it, I can see that its mainly something to post questions about bugs or problems. Believe me, if I were doing this to get my count up, I wouldv'e posted things twice as fast, even necroposting and discussion of other topics, but I don't want to get banned so I am not. CCA isn't worth getting banned.

Ghost, this is not your old community. Catalyst Gaming does, indeed, have a shoutbox. When it comes to easily-answered questions such as the ones you ask, you are expected to use the shoutbox.
o7

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal