Author Topic: Head Developer  (Read 3591 times)

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Head Developer
« on: October 10, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
Ok so i dont want to make a TL;dr post so i will cut it simple and short.

I honestly think the Head Developer group should be removed,  RTLK created it just for himself as another egotitle.  I speak for most people when i say the other Developers of this community are more Deserving of the title.  Head Developer is just a "overlord" title in disguise with purple paint splashed on it.  And i do believe its elitist of him to make the rank for himself.  If rofl made the rank and gave it to someone it would be different. 

This is just my opinion, no need to shoot me for it.  But i honestly think it should be removed if not given to someone deserving of it.

Thanks for your time,

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Head Developer
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:52 PM »
I think that it gives the impression that he leads the developers, which I guess he does? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
But he does seem to update the servers, like the recent HL2RP update. (Don't know if it was a group update or just RTLK)

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 05:19:48 PM »
I think that it gives the impression that he leads the developers, which I guess he does? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
But he does seem to update the servers, like the recent HL2RP update. (Don't know if it was a group update or just RTLK)

He doesn't lead any development, we are all doing different stuff unless we of course start something together.

Nobody "leads" development as we all do different stuff.

I do OCRP, deathrun and gmptr.
Tomasas does HRP, OCRP and ttd.
RTLK does hl2rp and a lot of php (forum) work + used to do OCRP.
Somone77 does forum work (lots that you guys doesn't notice. Hes amazing)
Veran is hl2rp as far as I know.

I don't think anyone should "lead" the dev team, but I'm not to bothered about his title. Yes it's elitism but it's up to rofl if he wants to remove it. Again, not to bothered about it as it doesn't mean anything. Well not yet. Don't know if there lays something behind it.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 06:34:12 PM »
Note: This doesn't affect any of you anyway. If RTLK wants a made up rank, that's his business. I've on multiple occasions set my rank to "Better Than RTLK". No one really cares since we're all admins.

P.S. This whole "Elitism" thing has pissed me off from day 1. It shows how soft people are, if I want to  tell everyone "Yes I'm in charge because I'm a god damn administrator, deal with it" then I will. Waffle keeps telling me "You're an admin, but you're no better than the rest of the members". The fuck I am, I have the title. I'm not gunna shove it in your face and put you down, but don't go looking for an admin trying to stand out every once in a while. We aren't going to push our faces into the dirt just because you don't like it when we show off.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 06:37:51 PM by *anonim* »

Offline Rictalspace

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:36 AM »
Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

If that's the case, then it should be just Developer. I was just unsure of the percentage of work he puts in in correlation with the other developers.

Would like to see Karma's view on  this.

Check out my reviewing channel, I review Garry's Mod Servers
http://www.youtube.com/user/GmodServerReviews?feature=mhee

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:55:33 PM »
We'll speak about this internally, locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal