Author Topic: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>  (Read 19533 times)

Offline Dankey Kang??¢

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: <::|| Combine Civil Authority Applications ||::>
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2011, 01:57:11 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: (WBA Inf.)Pfc. Brimstone

IC Character Name:Michael Goldbeck

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

My character wants to join the combine civil authority because he is a loyalist.He is tired of being treated like a citizen and wants to do his part for the union. He will serve the union in any way he can. He will also beat citizens that don't follow orders from the higher ups.

My character wants to be Combine civil authority because he thinks it will help him grow and be a better person.He will also do anything his higher ups tell him to do. Of course he will not follow orders from lower ranking then him but he will listen to their ideas.

My character wants to join because he thinks he is ready for the task,he will follow directions and patrol whenever not on duty except when he is a recruit,then he will stay in nexus. He believes that anti-citizens are the worst scum on the planet and wants to rid the combine of these pests.
2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy) Respectful,Good listener,Follows orders.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

I think the civil protection would be hard work. I know it would be hard and that promotions would come after long hours of hard work. I will work hard and do my best.I will also try not to get black-marks and do my best.

Michael thinks that the civil protection would be fun and he would be able to help citizens. He would do his part to serve the union. He would also listen well,and do his best to make his citizens and fellow officers happy.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words. Before the 7 hour war Michael was a Security guard,he was doing all the work of his bosses when they were too fat and lazy to do it themselves.When Michael was guarding a billionaire he stopped when a ship gunned him down.He looked at the ship and thought it looked alive. He thought it LOOKED like a ship but it didn't really. Michael was feeling pretty scared and bad about how he failed to protect the billionaire and how he would probably lose his job. He decided he had to tell people about this. Michael ran to the security guard company where he worked and told them about it. They told him he was nuts that's when the combine invaded and gunned down his bosses. Michael almost crapped himself when he saw the ships again. When Michael was 23 the combine invaded,at first Michael tried to stop them,then he met a bunch of rebels that beat him senseless for claiming he was loyal to the combine. Michael wasn't loyal to the combine at the time,but soon he went to the combine when they were enlisting Civil protection troops,he wanted to join but they wouldn't let him until he proved himself. He went around disguised as resistance member,he joined a bunch of rebel factions and took them down one by one.The rebels all ganged up on him after they found this out but Michael quickly went to the combine and they killed every rebel that was real.They thanked him for his work and decided to give him a chance as a loyalist.When Michael's parents were killed from anti-citizens,Michael knew he had to take them all down.Michael asked the Civil protection for a gun but they denied his request.So he used his bare fists to beat the crap out of every resistance member he found.When Michael went to city 8 the City Administrator's were very nice to him. They fed him tons of rations and told him to be good and some day he might be a Civil Protection unit. Michael agreed that he would make a great Civil Protection unit,But he knew he needed to serve his people first by being a loyalist,This time around Michael thinks he would make a great Civil Protection,He has reported all the crimes he could and has worked hard to serve the union.He met some friendly Civil Protection that would tell him that they would soon accept him into their ranks.He knew he would work hard and serve the union in ANY way he can.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 4 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers?1 year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 1 year on and off

4. What Time zone are you in?UTC-8:00(US and CANADA)

5. In what country do you live?California

6. How old are you?14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? being arrested and re-educated as a CWU.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? yes.

IC Section

Full Name:Michael Goldbeck
CID:75374
Height:6'0
Hair Colourblack.
Eye Colour:blue.
Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual.
Weight:130
Mental Distinctions:Follows orders,Loyal,honest.
Mental Defects:none.
Mental Advantages:Smart.
Notable Qualities:loyal,faithful,helpful.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? Negative.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Of course.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes i do.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Yes always.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? To serve the union and to help the UU acheive world peace.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Michael Goldbeck hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

One and three are way too short. - Denied, Reapply in 3 weeks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:57:11 AM by Admin »
LOOC] Ted Simmons (CWU O): Go shove a suppliment up your ass

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2011, 12:59:54 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:

=(e)=™ Hazard Time

IC Character Name:

Jean Sabotier

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.

Jean Sabotier is an intellectual and has a "Breen" mentality.  He sees the Universal Union as the next step in humanity's evolution, and that those who wish to stop it are closed-minded and barbaristic.  Jean also wishes to continue his research, research that he was sure the UU would not want to let go.
              Before the 7 hour war, Jean was employed at a government facility near Caen,  conducting pharmaceutical research.  As an organic chemist, Jean had access to many formulas, from painkillers all the way up to several nerve gases.  Even back then, he was an elitist.  He had little tolerance for simpler minds and would refuse to even date someone who was or had someone in their family who was disabled.
              After the 7 hour war, and when Jean was being relocated, he was struck by the scientific advancement of the Universal Union.  Whether it was the high walls, the towering Citadel, or the kevlar clad Civil Protection officers in high-tech suits, Jean was convinced that human perfection would come in his time, and at the hands of the UU.  He is now determined to help in any way he can.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

Serious, elitist, cold, intellectual, anti-social

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?

For Jean, he is expecting to join NOVA after basic training.  He expects to not only learn medicine in NOVA, but also continue his pharmaceutical research.  He hopes that he will not only be able to use his knowledge of pharmaceuticals to help fellow CCA agents, but also to aid them in their fight to keep the citizens in line.  He had had access to several truth drugs in his line of work, and he was hoping to improve the practicality of it.
               As for me, well, I was hoping for this to be a new experience for me.  I've never been in the CCA, and I was hoping to try it out, to see what it really was like.  I also want to try and at least have some voice in minge disposal.  As both a CWU and citizen, the most I was able to do was throw my request device at them.  I want to see if I can make a difference in this server.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

Jean Sabotier was born in Bern, Switzerland, on October 21, 1978.  Bern was where young Jean spent he childhood, and his parents made sure that he took the opportunity to get a quality education.  From an early age, Jean was a talented mathematician, gaining access to many TAG groups.  By the time he entered high school, he discovered his love of science, especially chemistry.  Upon graduating from high school, Jean was bombarded by scholarships from many major universities across Europe.  He decided to go with the University of Caen, moving to France and even becoming a French citizen.  In Caen, he studied his favorite subject, chemistry.  In particular, he became very interested in organic chemistry and pharmaceuticals.  Upon graduating from Caen with a degree in organic chemistry, Jean joined several pharmacies, but he never really enjoyed the work.  Jean always wanted to work on something new, not be a lowly "peddler" of medicine.  Eventually, he got his dream wish.  He was recruited by the French government to work in a pharmaceutical research facility located in southern France, near the Pyrenees Mountains.  Here, he did the work that he loved so much, experimenting and creating new medicines.  However, He eventually tired of pharmaceutical work, and felt that he wanted something more exciting.  It was then that he took up work in another government facility, this one on the other side of the country, in Alsace-Lorraine.  This facility wasn't a pharmaceutical facility, but was in fact a military storage facility, housing many different chemical agents, including nerve gasses.  This job was very exciting for Jean, as he had only read about these nerve gasses, and had never been able to handle them before.  This was where he worked until the 7 hour war.
                     When the Portal Storm started, Jean was on a vacation in the Pyrenees.  At first, the mistook the explosions for thunder, until the ground started to shake.  Both he and the local villagers thought that there was an earthquake, so he and several others took shelter in basements for several hours until they stopped.  After emerging he turned on the news to find....nothing!  At first he thought that the television towers may have been effected, until he saw a plume of smoke coming from the direction of Toulouse.  Being that the phones were not working, he decided to try and live in the Pyrenees until his country's infrastructure could be reestablished.  He didn't have to wait long though.  A few months later, a synth dropship landed in his village and he and the others were taken to what once was Toulouse for prossessing.  Even in Toulouse, though, there was already significant construction of Combine technology.  Jean was very impressed at this, and his tensions began to ease as he was given his number and his city.  He was then relocated to City 8 in Tokyo, where he currently lives today, hoping to join the CCA and make a difference.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?

About 2 years.  I have played on all three RP game modes (DarkRP, PERP, and Open Aura)

2. How long have you played on serious servers?

About a year.  My experience spans Hostell, Slidefuse/Shameless Innovations/ShitRP, and Sigma7

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?

About half a year

4. What Time zone are you in?

Pacific Standard

5. In what country do you live?

USA

6. How old are you?

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?

Back on the Hostel Serious HL2RP server, there was a community inspection going on, and all the server was lined up against the wall, being searched by CPs.  Out of maybe about 12 citizens, I was one of maybe 2 or 3 that didn't try to minge run.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?

Yes, I am very observant of the chat box and rarely miss a detail.  I have a pet peeve against people who ignore their chat box, and I try my best to do the opposite of that so as to keep me from becoming like them

IC Section

Full Name: Jean Sabotier
CID: 53273
Height: 5'11"
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 120 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Brilliant chemist
Mental Defects: None
Mental Advantages: Good at math
Notable Qualities: None

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?

I was detained once.  I turned in 2 bottles of bleach that I found in a dumpster, and was detained one cycle for possession of contraband.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?

Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?

Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?

Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?

Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?

To make a difference in the world and help bring about the perfection of humanity

I, Jean Sabotier, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Why were you accepted and making a new application?  I like it but need to know this.

My other char, Dmitri Matrienko, was PKed the day before his app was accepted.  I asked BB about this and he told me to reapply with a new char.  He also waived the 3 week hiatus.

Accepted for interview. Pending Loyalist check. (8/3/11)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:42:37 PM by Admin »

MADMAX

« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2011, 03:48:38 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:Max Geary

IC Character Name:Amy Hills

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.Well I would like to help out the combine, At first i thought the were stupid and Smart asses then one day in city 18 i walked into a store mindin my own business then who men run in with a jacket a torn up shoes and pants then i saw a Smg on there back one ran up pulled out his revolver and aimed it at my head then i heard a bang and there was a combine with a revolver to and shot the man and his friend and the combine saved my life and i want to save others and help city 18 gain full control. thats why i want to join the combine

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)Im a pretty nice Girl

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?i expect to be respected i wont rdm, i wont abuse my power,and i will respect higher and lower ranks of the combine Authority.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.The day of the seven hour war i was in my office at home doing paper work then i heard a bang and i saw 4 combine  run in and i heard a bang and a bang and i went in the 4 combine left and i saw my Husband and kid on the grown dead then i screamed and the combine came back in and took me to a train and thats how i got to city 18

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 2 years

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 1 year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 2 months

4. What Time zone are you in?Centeral

5. In what country do you live?USA

6. How old are you?15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?being arrested and being brained washed bye the CCA

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes i do

IC Section

Full Name:Amy Hills
CID:92623
Height:5,3
Hair ColourBlond
Eye Colour:Greenish
Sexual Orientation:N/a
Weight:7Kg
Mental Distinctions:Quick thinker, good shooter
Mental Defects:N/A
Mental Advantages:Good at math , and history
Notable Qualities:N/A

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?Np

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?If there open, i love to goodies

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?Yes i will

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?Yes

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?To help out the combine and to bring perfection of humanity

I, 'Ally Hills' hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

DENIED.. Do not try accepting your own application and you may not reapply for two months.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:35:19 PM by RoflWaffle »

Offline GeneralTrivium

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2011, 05:30:25 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: GeneralTrivium

IC Character Name: Jack Simon

Jack likes to consider himself a realist, he believes that the ruling force is overall going to be the ones who appear on top, which is why he served as an MI6 operative before the 7 hour war (auth accepted). He also just doesn't feel that rebellion is his style. He prefers pristine suits and shaven faces than the rugged and disorganized mentality of a rebel. To show his worth he acts as an informant, going undercover in resistance territory to gain as much information as possible, with complete deniability if caught, as he is not officially listed with connections to the Combine.

He has already assisted in uncovering the various resistance groups of City 45, and creating trust with resistance figures through slum bars and pubs causing them to reveal more information than they might have been willing to, information which is then directly reported without them knowing.

Now that he has moved to City 18, he finds less and less work. The city is too quiet, even the slums are dead, and there is little to report. He reckons that he has shown where his loyalties lie, and that he can now work on the front line as a Civil Protection officer and really show his worth. He believes his previous affiliations and training will benefit towards the agenda of the Civil Authority.

Lawful, trustworthy, calm, charming, dependable, dutiful, fair, friendly, intelligent, mature, meticulous.

Carrying out routine orders set down by high command on a daily basis until certain situations arise or different orders are issued. For example, patrol plaza UNTIL order to guard D2 and so on. If emergency situations occur, then you react through what you have been trained and follow any further orders you are given.

Paramilitary style and structure, address higher ups as "sir" or "ma'am". Become familiar with certain terminology and tactics. Pretty same-old same-old Civil Protection. As for Jack, he will see it as another job, working for MI6 or the Combine, it doesn't matter. It will feed his authoritarian complex and perhaps change him into a harsher individual, now that there is no red tape to get through. So this citizen is giving him hassle? Now he can hit him without having to file a huge 100 page report about it. This will not waver his charm and politeness however. He'll just shoot and hit people politely.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Jack was raised in a high class family in London, England. His Father owned a chain of the most powerful banks in Europe, and his Mother was a well known fashion designer. Jack’s home life was un-troubled, but he was never spoilt and was brought up by his parents to be polite, and to not take his comfortable lifestyle for granted. Due to his expensive grammar school education, Jack learnt many languages, and was commended by his teachers for being able to soak up information and put it into practice. Soon after grammar school, he attended Oxford University, where he set his sights on working for MI6. He wasn’t kidding himself; he knew that working for MI6 wasn’t going to be like the James Bond movies he enjoyed. But he felt that it would present him a challenge and give him a chance to explore the world. And so he did…

His work took him around the globe, from Spain to Japan, from Ireland to America. He enjoyed his job, it was what he did best and it gave him a strong sense of purpose and belonging in the world. Due to the constant movement, Jack never held down a relationship, a part from the odd female he encountered on his travels. When the Combine invaded, Jack cut his ties with MI6 and set up a hasty residence in what would now be known as City 45, and waited. The citizenship process took hold and Jack lost nearly all of his possessions; aside from a pair of designer sunglasses and an empty lighter. After performing some intelligence work for the Civil Authority, he was eventually moved to City 18. Which leaves us where we are now, Jack pushing on ahead with a somewhat optimistic attitude, confusing those around him as to his constant positiveness. What they don't know, is that Jack has an ace up his sleeve.

OOC Details

~5 years

~4 years

Nearly two months.

GMT/BST

England

6. How old are you?

Conversing with resistance figures in the slums bar, gaining their trust and then writing up a report to be deposited at the agreed place.

I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Jack Simon
CID: 34810
Height: 6"1
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 163 lbs
Mental Distinctions: Excellent learner/memory.
Mental Defects: None.
Mental Advantages: (What's the difference between this and Distinctions, really?)
Notable Qualities: Highly trained firearm/martial arts/reconaissance skills. Fluent in many langauges.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No.

Yes.

Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes.

To give myself a true sense of purpose again and to directly influence the upholding of the Combine Civil Authority, it's laws and practices.

I, Jack Simon hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

Accepted for interview. Pending Loyalist check. (8/2/11)

I passed my interview ages ago, i'm an 04 now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 09:02:10 AM by GeneralTrivium »

Wolfface

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2011, 01:09:27 PM »
1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.:
Weeeell, my characther wishes to join the CCA because he can relate to their way of thinking and he has always looked up to them in a way of as in they were watching over everyone. For quite a while he's been thinking of this, reporting crimes at any time he sees them happen. If someone asks him to do something illegal, he reports it. If he sees it, he reports it obviously.

I dont have much more to say about it. He has these hypes about how he would interact with something at a certain time when he sees something. He's quite observant so he sees this, also he's never had any real relations to people before the seven hour war or after. He's been that lone, quiet person. This can relate to the CCA where that is a good trait, however he has had some few friends in his life, and those friends were real friends, those you stick to.

He's always thought of them as a guarding angel in an odd way, as I stated earlier and he's had dreams about being that one person, feeling he actually is a part of something great that has great meaning. To be something for once. Not just that quiet person in the back who rarely says something. I dont have much more to say, I'm out of stuff to say.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)  Quiet, Lawful, Loyal.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 4-5 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers? 2-3 years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 4 Weeks or so.

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT + 2:00

5. In what country do you live? Sweden.

6. How old are you? 14.
7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?.. Uuh.. As a moment? Anyways, probably my time at IG, it was a great run. Greatest moment ever: My first shootout. Bugs were attacking town, 45 players on. It was hell. In a good way.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Yes. Yes I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Hassan Kenneth Fushberg
CID: 22245
Height: 6'11
Hair Colour Brown, edge of black.
Eye Colour: Brown.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.
Weight: 160 pounds.
Mental Distinctions: Growing stubble.
Mental Defects: Asocial.
Mental Advantages: Obeservant. Deep thoughts before acts.
Notable Qualities: Capability of thinking fast and acting fast and being extraordinary observant.
1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No, that has not happen.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes, I swear to serve and protect throughout my entire lifetime in the Universan Union.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Not a doubt. Always.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? I have always looked up to the CCA, As a guarding angel in a quite odd way. I have always related to the CCA and now I want to be a part of it. It has been a dream for me for very long. I can only hope you can accept me into the greater.

I, Hassan Kenneth Fushberg hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied.  All questions are too short.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:00:25 AM by Admin »

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2011, 02:04:07 AM »
Reviewed up until this point.  If you are denied, you must wait three weeks.

I will start reviewing these every day or two.

Wolfface

« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2011, 06:33:34 AM »
Oh crap, I missed copying two entire questions. I had them in another notepad txt. Do I still need to reapply?

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: [S3G] Globey STEAM_0:0:30582120

IC Character Name: Uris Hogan

Upon arriving in the City, Uris was immediately mugged two times in a row – This, and Uris’ earlier history of living in a community where everybody helped each other, made him want to help set things right. He toured the city, and witnessed many different crimes but was unable to do anything due to his lack of authority. Whenever he looked for a member of the Combine Civil Authority, none were available. Eventually, he tried to purchase a request device but he was unable to due to sky-high prices from those offering to sell one to him. Resigned to being unable to help the city, he purchased an apartment, kept the door locked and kept his head down, leaving only for food and water when a ration distribution cycle was announced.

The combination of these events in close succession effectively adjusted his views and made him Loyalist in perspective.  The wrong-doers needed stopping, and the Civil Protection clearly needed help. Having learned about the Loyalist Point program from a man in the ration distribution line, Uris slowly stopped merely sticking in his apartment and started to become proactive in the community. He requested jobs from different members of the Combine Civil Authority and set about them with a determination. His logic was that the less the members of the Civil Protection had to deal with mundane tasks, the more time they would have to deal with criminals.
Eventually, through hard work Uris became part of the Loyalists and earned his first ration from the Program soon after. This served as additional positive reinforcement, and Uris continued to work at improving the city under CP supervision. Using the time that he had to spare, Uris set up his own shop – another step towards improving the community, he felt. Unfortunately, thieves constantly harassed him, and this furthered the perspective that in his mind, the Civil Protection members were the ‘good guys’, the enforcers of justice.

After a while in the Loyalist Program, it became increasingly infuriating for Uris to report crimes, but to have a very late response time from the Combine Civil Authority - After all, here were people ruining the utopian society he had put so much work and effort into. Eventually, Uris decided to put in an application to join the Combine Civil Authority. There wasn't much to lose on his part as during his dedication to improving the city, he didn't accumulate many friends, just colleagues. The benefits from his view point were, in contrast, outstanding. If he were to be accepted, Uris could finally deal with all the negative influences, and ultimately work for the good of society. Because of these reasons, Uris decided to file an application to the Combine Civil Authority, and help keep the city he had come to love in order.

My character is above all, loyal and determined. Once he takes a cause he sticks to it, particularly when there is an encouraging rewards system to start things out. He is also very righteous, in that he will always defend his cause to the last. His other traits, which are somewhat less important in his persona is that he is obedient, watchful, righteous, diligent, confident and ambitious. These last traits all come from Uris' quest to better his position to a degree from which he can take action against criminals.

I am expecting to find the CCA a military/police themed group that is organized and somewhat team building. I like military themed RPs - part of which stems from the fact that I am part of the Air Cadets in real life. Generally working together with others also contributes to the enjoyability of RP and the interest. The fact that recruits can only leave the Nexus with another member of the CCA offers this for at least the first week or so. The strategy in coordinating different teams of people is another point of interest for me - there is nothing quite like the feeling of cracking down on a group of people.

The opportunities for the expansion of my character’s persona in the CCA are quite promising as well. The potential directions of growth include corruption, pity for the less fortunate, sadism, and more. All of the options make for very interesting role play. The main trait that I intend to incorporate into Uris is austere professionalism, at least for the first few weeks. After that – who knows? It all comes down to what occurs in game.

Above all else, I hope to find the Combine Civil Authority highly enjoyable. After all, that's the reason we do things for, when it comes to leisure.

Uris Hogan was born on June 3, 1993, and was raised in the area of Alert Bay, British Columbia, Canada. Alert Bay was a relatively small island, with a correspondingly small airport and amount of things to do, particularly as a single child, without any siblings. His parents - the father the owner of a boat dealership and the mother a housewife come teacher – raised Uris in a very strict environment. Every morning, past the age of 6, he would wake up, make his bed and clean his room. Only then, would he be allowed to eat breakfast. After that, his time was spent attending home school, eating, sleeping, and occasionally learning to sail.
This environment, sufficiently removed from the concepts of ‘working for yourself,’ and ‘independence from society’ brought up Uris to be a team player, and one who helps out the community, often disregarding personal loss or gain. Forwarding ahead many years, this perspective helped Uris become a Loyalist in point of view.

Uris was given a job as a basic secretary in his father’s dealership on June 18, 2007, being made to learn about profit, floats, business plans and all the other concepts that entailed running a business. Despite the fact that the dealership was run for a profit, much of it revolved around helping others, and so, Uris’ family didn’t race towards a large fortune. However, Uris still accumulated much knowledge, both in this, and whatever subjects his mother decided to teach him. Much of this came from a natural talent for learning quickly.

By 2012, Uris was making a steady living fishing and helping out around the community. He didn’t strive for glory or wealth, but was happy just helping out around the community. The variety of odd jobs Uris did over time led to the development of a wide skill set. He polished boots, painted fences, groomed dogs, and even learned the basics of piloting light aircraft. With no small part due to Uris’ efforts, the society of Alert Bay had become one where everybody did right by each other, as well as one where there was practically zero crime.

2015 found Uris’ life was going relatively smoothly, and he stood to inherit the family boat dealership from his father. However, all of the future plans that Uris had made to that point were shattered at the outbreak and eventual conclusion of the Seven Hour War. He was transferred to the cities without much further ado, but he maintained the moral essentials of his youth - Despite several muggings upon his arrival.
After eventually learning about the Loyalty Program, Uris started aiding the Combine Civil Authority wherever possible. By his logic, the City was just like his community on a larger scale - working towards the Greater Good would surely improve prosperity overall, and make sure everyone was looked after.

After a while, Uris managed to raise the required funds to start an official business. Getting the permit was rather easy, given that he had already accumulated a large amount of Loyalty Points. The principles of his business, “Hogan’s Supplies”, centered around making miniscule amounts of profit, while providing supplies to people so that they could improve their own lives. He also believed in distributing as many copies of ‘Zen of the Union’ and request devices as possible, reasoning that these goods would reduce crime, and encourage people to work for the society. What little profit Uris gained, he invested and loaned to other people, so that they could further their own lives, and the community in turn.

After numerous thefts from his shop, and an increasingly late response time from the Civil Protection, Uris decided that he had helped enough people financially and that it was time to work towards the Greater Good by cracking down on crime. Within days of this decision, he submitted an application to the Combine Civil Authority.

OOC Details

About 600 hours - Roughly two thirds of my playing time on GMod.

About 500 hours.

I have been an infrequent player for a few months, but I've only really dedicated myself to the HL2RP server for 2-3 weeks now.

Mountain Standard Time. (-7 GMT)

Canada.

6. How old are you?

On BnT's World War 3 RP server, I set up an event where I RPed being a pilot, attempting to deliver a warhead to the Globalist base via helicopter. After I had to set down the helicopter due to fuel shortages, both sides were racing towards my position. The radioRP involved during the flight was very fun and novel - Typically use of helicopters wasn't allowed due to server lag. And of course, so was the defense of the helicopter, when both sides arrived at roughly the same time.

Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Uris Hogan
CID: 51222
Height: 6'1"
Hair Colour Blond
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 167lbs
Mental Distinctions: I tend to follow a goal or order single-mindedly until it is accomplished.
Mental Defects: None that I know of.
Mental Advantages: Learning quickly
Notable Qualities: As mentioned previously, I am rather single minded once I have received an order or set a goal. I am also something of a perfectionist. Nothing less than perfect will suffice. Finally, I am very attentive, and have an eye for detail.

No, I have not.

Yes. The rations are designed to be the amount of nutrition that is suitable to my station. Any more food in my mouth is less in another.

Absolutely. The Universal Union is for the greater good of everyone, and is a magnificent cause to sacrifice everything for.

Yes, what happens under my jurisdiction is my responsibility.

Yes. The Universal Union looks after the Greater Good of everybody.

I wish to assist the Universal Union in achieving their goals. The streets still contain criminals who distribute contraband, murder or commit other crimes. By joining the Combine Civil Authority, I hope to help put a stop to this, and ensure that the Greater Good is looked after and achieved.

I, Uris Hogan hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:20:00 PM by Admin »
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline ?Vakarian

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2011, 03:05:03 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:Mojo.

IC Character Name:Jessica Cup.

My character always wanted to be in the law enforcement carreer before the seven hour war due to all the crime in the city she lived in. During the war she saw how big and powerful the Combine were and how they beat the entire planet in just 7 hours. She was amazed how the combine enslaved races across multiple parrallel universes so easily and wanted to be apart of it. She was also intrested in their technology and wanted to learn as much as she could about it. As a Citizen, it's hard to get close to any Combine technology.

She believes that everything the combine do is for the good of the people and the rebels should be stopped. Everyday she sees gangs of people in the streets causing a commotion and trying to rebel against the combine. She feels intimidated by gangs ever since  the time a group of people used her unlocked apartment to hide from Civil Protection. She wants to become part of the CCA to help stop this sort of thing from happening  to other people.

Jessica's brother was murdered by a rebel because Jessica found out about the rebel and was about to report him. The rebel held her brother at gunpoint right infront of her as a bribe. Jessica did report the rebel, however, the rebel was never caught. This really angered her and really made her want to join the CCA so she could help prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

So basically she wants to put a stop to the gangs intimidateing the Citizens and stop the dangerous rebels.
Her friend also joined the CCA. She lost contact with him after doing so and inside, she hopes that she will be able to talk to him again. But she knows this is unlikely.

My character is extremly lawful, she will not run when extremly late and she will do exactly what a CP says without fault.

She is also extremly confident and won't fret to tell a criminal to stop what he is doing.

Many other characters see Jessica to be a bit of a "Bitch" or a "Snitch" because she will report any crime no matter how petty.

Jessica is also a little snobby; she thinks she is above the rest of the citizens, although she does know her place when someone of higher authority comes around.

Jessica is a solemn person. Seeing bodies or blood will not bother her or put her off of what she is doing.

What my character thinks
My character expects the training to be extremly tough and thorough. My character also expects the life of a CP to be thrilling. She also wants it to be about stopping crime and helping the Universal Union keep control of Earth. She expects the work to be hard and the nights to be long but she also expects better meals in turn.

What I think
I've been a cop on many RP servers and I really like it. I think becoming a CP member will be a completely different experience. I expect it to be being like a teacher in some ways. E.g, the pupils sucking up to a teacher or in this case Loyalists sucking up to a CP. I expect it to be frustrating at times but I know I'll be able to do it. I also expect it to be fun in other ways like when a Citizen gets a female CP's gender wrong.

Jessica grew up in a large city with very high crime rates. After her aunt was raped, Jessica and her family moved out to the country side to escape the crime. Ever since all the crime and her aunt getting raped, Jessica has wanted to stop criminals from doing crime. as she was growing up, she was taught to think that all those who do not follow the law are below her.

Jessica did well in school and later went to collage to study various subjects such as law, phycology, science and many others. After what she had been taught she was looking into going into a Law Enforcement career. In the country side, there wasn't a lot of need for police officers, so she and her family decided to go and live back in the city. Before starting her career, she decided to enroll in further education at university.

About halfway through university, the portal storms began. The government said there is nothing to worry about. Despite all the panic and destruction they caused, Jessica took the government's word for it and got on with her life. Not a lot of time later, the seven hour war began.

Massive ships surrounded the university. Everyone panicked and ran. Jessica stood in Awe. She was amazed by all these gigantic ships hovering high above the buildings. Then the streets got flooded with flying blades with a red light(manhacks). Jessica stared at them and wondered if this new alien life came in peace. She was startled when one of the strange blades slid right though the middle of a man just a few feet in front of her. She ran faster than she had ever ran before.

When she got to her street, she saw that the massive ships were shooting at anything that moved. She quickly ran inside her house to see her mother and father looking out of the window terrified. Her mother ran up to her in relief and hugged her. One of the manhacks flew through the window, slicing  Jessica's dad's arm. Jessica grabbed her 2 year old brother and ran with the rest of her family to a nearby manhole.

They thought that they were safe in the sewers but they soon got flooded with Manhacks. They ran until they reached a room with a thick metal door. They all ran inside but then realised it could only be closed from the outside. Jessica's father volunteered to close the door. The rest of the family detested the idea and wouldn't let him. He tricked them into letting him close the door. He pulled the switch and the door slid closed.Because you could still hear though the door, Jessica and her mother cried as they heard him scream in pain.

Hours later after sobbing, everything above their heads went silent. Someone else hiding in the sewers was made aware of them hiding in the room and opened the door for them. They emerged on the surface once again to be rounded up by combine soldiers.They were sent to live in City 17.

A few years later, Jessica's mother became ill with some sort of dementia and later died. Jessica and her brother was then relocated to City 4 where she became a loyalist This is where her brother was murdered. She was then relocated to City 18 and that's where we are today.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?Since 2008

2. How long have you played on serious servers? About a year

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? I first played on CG about 3 months ago on my cousin's steam account when she was telling me about HL2 RP

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT 0

5. In what country do you live?England, UK.

6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? The best or funniest RP experience I can think of is when I was giving out a speech via in-game television. There was a large screen on a wall which I was being broadcasted on. An admin RPing as a rebel thought it would be fun to pull the screen off the wall like they do in HL2. The screen fell and landed on 4 of the rebels. Some of them were just knocked out. I had them tortured while it was shown on another screen.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Most of the time, yes.

IC Section

Full Name:Jessica Cup
CID: 61788
Height:5ft 7in
Hair ColourBrown
Eye Colour:Brown
Sexual Orientation:I don't have feelings for any Gender.
Weight:76Kg
Mental Distinctions: I believe everything the combine has done and does is for the good of the people or earth.
Mental Defects: Very forgetful. I always seem to forget my past. I don't know exactly why though as my memory used to be great when I was younger.
Mental Advantages: I would say I'm a solemn person. Seeing bodies or blood will not bother bother me at all. I will always beable to work around them. I also plan ahead.
Notable Qualities:I plan things very thoroughly before acting. I used to go hunting with my father before the war so I can aim a gun if I need to.

I have been detained once for a small misunderstanding. I was looking at a UU logo on the wall and I said out loud "Looking good" There was a male officer behind me who thought I was talking about him. I accepted a light beating despite it being a mistake. I don't think this incident was put on my file.

All the time. I really like the Breen's water you receive in them. It has a certain something water didn't have before.

Of course, this is exactly what I've been wanting to do.

I, as a Citizen and future Civil Protection member, accept all actions performed by me and those under my command as my own responsibility.

I will remain loyal to the Universal Union as long as I live and beyond if possible.

All my life I've been wanting to join Law Enforcement. This is the best I can get now. I sometimes see Citizens intimidated by large gangs that hang about in the apartments and in the streets. I wish to make those Citizens feel safe like they should. I also wish to put an end to the rebels as they can be very dangerous as I found out after my brother was murdered by one.

I, Jessica Cup, hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b][/color]

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 07:24:50 PM by Admin »

Offline Dankey Kang??¢

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2011, 10:47:34 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:(WBA Inf.)Pfc. Drizzle Bristle

IC Character Name:Michael Goldbeck

Michael was a simple guy,doing his job as a security guard. He was guarding a billionaire when suddenly gunships dropped from the sky. Michael ran to the first ones to see this. They just told him to go away and let them handle it.

When Michael was running from the combine a combine looked him straight in the eye and shoved him to the ground. Michael liked that power. He knew he wanted to be just like them. Powerful and strong like the others. He knew he would start out small by only helping the combine.

Michael was walking around doing his job as a loyalist. Then a bunch of rebels jumped him. They claimed that since he was a loyalist,he had betrayed humanity. They proceeded to shoot him in both legs and arms. Then they threw him in the streets to die. Michael was found by a Civil protection officer a few minutes after.He gave them a description of the rebels and they arrested them all and shot them to death.Michael was the kind of guy that wanted power like that.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)Trustworthy,loyal,respects higher ups

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character?I think it would be a fun experience. I think because i am experienced this would be hard,but not too hard.I just want to do my best and get a good roleplay going. i want to help everybody have a good time.I also want to make sure no minges attack the server.

Michael wants to join the Civil Protection because he feels he can help people.He also wants the power that goes with the Civil Protection. He wants to be treated with respect and feared. He thinks that every Civil Protection is feared because they are powerful men and women in bodysuits that barley anything can penetrate.He thinks he would make some good friends in the Civil Protection.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.Before the 7 hour war Michael was a Security guard,he was doing all the work of his bosses when they were too fat and lazy to do it themselves.When Michael was guarding a billionaire he stopped when a ship gunned him down.He looked at the ship and thought it looked alive. He thought it LOOKED like a ship but it didn't really. Michael was feeling pretty scared and bad about how he failed to protect the billionaire and how he would probably lose his job. He decided he had to tell people about this. Michael ran to the security guard company where he worked and told them about it. They told him he was nuts that's when the combine invaded and gunned down his bosses. Michael almost crapped himself when he saw the ships again. When Michael was 23 the combine invaded,at first Michael tried to stop them,then he met a bunch of rebels that beat him senseless for claiming he was loyal to the combine. Michael wasn't loyal to the combine at the time,but soon he went to the combine when they were enlisting Civil protection troops,he wanted to join but they wouldn't let him until he proved himself. He went around disguised as resistance member,he joined a bunch of rebel factions and took them down one by one.The rebels all ganged up on him after they found this out but Michael quickly went to the combine and they killed every rebel that was real.They thanked him for his work and decided to give him a chance as a loyalist.When Micheal's parents were killed from anti-citizens,Michael knew he had to take them all down.Michael asked the Civil protection for a gun but they denied his request.So he used his bare fists to beat the crap out of every resistance member he found.When Michael went to city 8 the City Administrator's were very nice to him. They fed him tons of rations and told him to be good and some day he might be a Civil Protection unit. Michael agreed that he would make a great Civil Protection unit,But he knew he needed to serve his people first by being a loyalist,This time around Michael thinks he would make a great Civil Protection,He has reported all the crimes he could and has worked hard to serve the union.He met some friendly Civil Protection that would tell him that they would soon accept him into their ranks.He knew he would work hard and serve the union in ANY way he can.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?2 years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?1 year.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?1 year on and off.

4. What Time zone are you in?UTC 8:00 (US & CANADA)

5. In what country do you live?USA

6. How old are you?14

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience?Being loyalized as a CWU by the old SeC.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes.

IC Section

Full Name:Michael Goldbeck
CID:75374
Height:6'0
Hair ColourBlack
Eye Colour:Blue
Sexual Orientation:Heterosexual
Weight:130
Mental Distinctions:Follows orders,Loyal,honest.
Mental Defects:none
Mental Advantages:Smart
Notable Qualities:loyal,faithful,helpful.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?No.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?Yes.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?Yes.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?Yes.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?Yes.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?Being a civil protection unit would be quite fun,i have had a little bit of experience on another server (which i wont say cause that would be advertising)and really liked being able to help the Universal Union.If i am accepted i will do my hardest and try to follow every order i can.

I, Michael Goldbeck hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied - Responses are too short and grammar as well as spelling needs a lot of work.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:23:07 PM by RTLK - brbdead »
LOOC] Ted Simmons (CWU O): Go shove a suppliment up your ass

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:42 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: [BnT]Commissar Lord Mask

IC Character Name: Benjamin Mask

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. Benjamin Mask was one to uphold the law and always was. He used to be a vigilante before the war. Bringing down well known criminals was just what he was good at. His real job was as a bouncer for a local club in Chicago.

Ben was a victim of a fierce mugging in City Ninety Nine. At the age of twenty he was assaulted by 3 armed African American men armed with makeshift weaponry and armor. His savior- A Civil Protection officer, an veteran of many ration cycles and raids. The Men where killed where they stood, as Mask was lying there with a bloodied nose and multiple stab wounds and heavy bruising.

Ben was immediately taken to the local hospital where he went into a Coma where he forget most of his past. After 3 months of Comatose he awoke. Yet he didn't awake in City Ninety Nine, he woke up in City Eighteen. He was given a new CID Number and a new life. A life as a loyalist, one that could eventually become apart of the CCA and uphold the law and return the favor. 

-Lawful-
-Trustworthy-
-Extremely Loyal-
-Patient-
-Fast Learner-
-Quick Thinking-
-Good Conscience-

I expect the Combine Civil Authority to be a life time journey. I expect for my character it will be a returning of a favor. For me I expect it to be a nice roleplaying experience that I will remember for years to come. I also expect for it to be more then just a nice roleplaying experience but more of an opening, to make myself a better roleplayer, I know I'm not the best roleplayer and this is what I need to become better.

Besides the traditional things I stated above, I expect it to be fun and something new. I'm eager to learn how things run on this server. Seeing how I've always been in the Civil Protection on all servers I've been on, this one is different and Im ready to learn how they take the Civil Protection faction. I'm hoping that this will be more of a roleplaying skill based on promotions and not just time on the server.

Benjamin Mask was born in Thurso, Scotland on January Sixth 1990. He was raised as a farm hand for his Fathers sprawling lands of cattle. During his years as a Farmhand he became more and more angry with the rising crime in Scotland and the United Kingdom as a whole. As the years churned on and he graduated High School, Mask went to Law Enforcement School. But not as a Police Officer, but more of a bodyguard for Actors and Actresses or VIP's.

When the war finally broke out Mask was completely unaware of what was going on. He was currently guarding the entrance to a very expensive club when the gunfire broke out. Scared witless Mask was ordered to take shelter in a near by bomb shelter. In doing so Mask was able to live through the war. After the war Mask was in City Ninety Nine. In City Ninety Nine he was as loyal to his new leaders as he was to the British parliament. He knew what they where doing was constricting and stupid but it was for the greater good. But now the leaders arnt always bickering and split into three different parties. He was glad to know that they could actually make rules just like that. But there was always those people who disagreed and would use their fists or more to show it. As a known loyalist in Ninety Nine Mask made a few enemies in his days in city Ninety Nine, including a group of individuals who called themselves The Liberators.

While walking to his Apartment Complex, Mask was ambushed and assaulted by 3 Armed African American males. After suffering from many stab wounds and heavy bruising a patrol officer finally came by and killed all 3 men on the spot. Mask was rushed to the hospital where he was treated but fell into a Coma. For three months he laid there completely still besides the calm breathing pattern he had. The IV dripping every second and a Feeding Tube sending food to his stomach, while Colonostraphy bags dealt with his bladder problems. Yet he somehow woke up in City Eighteen. City Ninety Nine was put to the torch after an armed uprising by The Liberators and those who where still loyal evacuated and moved to City Eighteen.

After Waking up in a completely new area of the world, Mask staggered his way out of the Hospital building and onto the street. He was ready to start a new life, with a new CID Number and no more enemies. He left City Ninety Nine with empty pockets and a clear conscience with no quarrel with anyone. But he was a changed man now, with a conscience telling him to seek revenge, and to return the favor of that Officer. Mask had no Idea where to start or where to go but he knew that he needed to rebuild and regain his loyalty to the CCA, and finally Apply.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Since I was 9 or 8 years old I believe

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Since I was 9 or 8 years old

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Around a week

4. What Time zone are you in? (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

5. In what country do you live? United States of America

6. How old are you? 15

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? When I was experimenting on Citizens on Hostell roleplay. It was fun indeed.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener? Of course I consider myself a good listener but am I? I am.

IC Section

Full Name: Benjamin Adam Mask
CID: 93054
Height: 6'2/6'3
Hair ColourGray
Eye Colour:Gray
Weight:132 Lb
Mental Distinctions: Good Memory ((Besides the amnesia from the food/water of course))
Mental Advantages: Good Perception
Notable Qualities: Extremely Loyal to the very end. Thinks for more then just himself.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? I believe I already have.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Even in Death I serve.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority? For the some factors of for the greater good of the Universal Union. And to Protect those that have Protected me and those around me from the harms of the world.

I, ___Benjamin Mask_______ hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Accepted for interview. Pending Loyalist check. (8/7/11)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:24:56 PM by RTLK - brbdead »

Offline [Legion] Matty

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name:

[R.G] Matty

IC Character Name:

John Butcher

John wishes to join the CCA for multiple reasons, he respects the CCA for what they do and the commitment that they make to make Earth a better place. This being said however the main reason he wishes to join the CCA is because of his background. Being a strong believer in what distinguishes man from the animals, he believes that men are organised, self committed, and obeying. However animals on the other hand are self obsessed, scavengers, and disorganised.

John was led to join the CCA also because of his hatred of the resistance, any form of resistance and even the idea of resistance. The perfect way to show his commitment was to join the CCA. John gets confused even by the idea of resistance and believes heavily in The Combine Ideologies in the beliefs that civilization must be upheld with the use of lethal force and if someone acts uncivilized then they must be dealt with accordingly.

Mr. Butcher was then led to join the CCA because of also, the admiration that he has for the CCA for making the world a better place, just watching the CCA on the streets, in action, makes John wonder “imagine how they feel, knowing that what they’re doing is saving all our sorry asses”. Because of his recent grant of loyalist status, John believes it is a step in the right direction if he was to apply for the position of a CCA CP. Not just because of the respect he has for them, but also because of the admiration he has for them.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (E.g., Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)

Lawful,
Trustworthy,
Intelligent,
A good leader,
Knows how to follow orders (Worked in the steel industry before the 7 hour war)

I am expecting the CCA to be a good step for me and my character; it will be a fun, enjoyable, but also an educational experience. I think that the CCA will be enjoyable as I will get the experience to develop my character further, and be able to make a larger range of choices later on in my career with the character, such as gaining a higher rank in the CCA if I was to be accepted. I am looking forward to being able to have the experience of even applying to join the CCA. If I got in I would be sure that the CCA will be a fun experience in the fact I will need to act on issues every day that will test my endurance and mental capabilities.

However, I and my character are also expecting the CCA to be a change in the fact that I will be expected to and need to deal with a range of uncivil citizens on a daily basis that will need to be shown how to act in the new society placed upon us by our glorious Combine overlords. John and I are expecting that the CCA will be for us, a new learning step where we will be able to develop and gain more knowledge of not only what the CCA is like, but also what the HL2 universe is like, I am looking very forward to applying for the CCA position.

John came from a simple town, full of simple people, where life was indeed, very simple. John didn’t have the best of habits, he was a strong drinker, a chain smoker, and also a wife beater and he was a horrible man. This all changed however when the Combine invaded, during the 7 hours of gruelling mental pain and physical exhaustion, he realised that his life needed to change.

However, John’s life was never this bad of course; he grew up in a wealthy family, in a farm on the outside of a quiet village in Pennsylvania, John was the kind of man who would work for his upkeep, he would work hard and do it to the best of his ability, John had passed school by then and got a range of good grades. John however lost both of his parents in a car crash on the outskirts of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, when he was 17, however. He started smoking and drinking heavily, finding ways of bypassing the law just to go ahead with his filthy habits. John was sent to live with his uncle and aunty in Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, after his godparents found out about Johns habits, his godparents came from a strict catholic family.

While in Newcastle, John got a job working at a steel making factory when he was 18, just months before the Combine invaded. John made a good living from working at the steel making factory and was later promoted to a supervising manager, taking care of the employees below him and making sure all health and safety regulations were met. John moved back to the place he grew up only weeks after getting this job as he felt as though part of himself was missing, learning more about when he was younger he soon realised he was no more then a worthless human being, he started questioning why we were here, why is every day life all the same? John then got, yet again another steel making job as a health and safety manager in a steel making plant in Pittsburgh, using the money to fuel his habits.

Weeks later however, takes us to the start of the invasion, when it all just… went to shit… The military collapsed, everyone John knew was dead, kids were slaughtered in the streets, civilians were mowed down in their waves, and no one was safe. John was one of the lucky ones however, just moments before Dr. Breen got a truce with the Universal Union, John was in the midst of one of the cities being invaded, and this is when he realised. He needs to change.

While in City 18, John has forgot about his addiction to smoking and drinking, he follows the rules and laws of the CCA, he is a loyal and faithful citizen, he now knows civility from disobedience, and is a changed man, he is ruthlessly loyal to the CCA, believing that they are the ones who changed his life, bought him out of the dark circle he was living in, and changed him for the better. Maybe, just maybe, they were sent from the heavens?

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? Over a year

2. How long have you played on serious servers? about 6 months

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? 2-3 weeks

4. What Time zone are you in? GMT

5. In what country do you live? England/Great Britain

6. How old are you? 17

7. What’s your most memorable quality RP experience? Being admin on several PERP servers, with my most memorable quality experience being when I was on S.E PERP running an armed weapons store, it was very fun.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?Yes

IC Section

Full Name: John Butcher
CID: 42378
Height: 6”1
Hair Colour Brown
Eye Colour: Green
Weight: 10.4 Stone
Mental Distinctions: None
Mental Advantages: Not a lot, but I’m somewhat educated, sir.
Notable Qualities: Loyal and Respectful to those who command or deserve it, sir.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain? No

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations? Yes

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union? Yes

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility? Yes

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live? Of course, sir.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?[/b

] I would like to join the CCA because of the respect that I have for them. I want to show my superiors that I can be loyal and faithful to them for as long as I live, and to cut down on the amount of uncivil citizens and anti-citizens.

I, John Butcher hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Denied - Backstory and answers to the longer questions are not thought out enough, and show lack of togetherness.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:27:16 PM by RTLK - brbdead »

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Lewis

IC Character Name: Sesmo Iridimo

Sesmo, overall, has liven quite a horrible life, he was bullied as a child because of his father's alcohol problems, and jeered at for his mother, who "sold herself for money." As an adult, he was an outsider, nobody seemed to talk to him and he rarely set foot outdoors, only a few people spoke to him; he was regarded as "the town weirdo." Due to all this bullying, and the way he isolated himself, Sesmo has a very low self esteem, and is more or less deemed as a social outcast, only making a few good friends in his lifetime; most of them he never saw again. (Let's save that for the back story, shall we?)

Upon arrival at City Fourty-Five, Sesmo saw a glimmer of hope; a light in the darkness, a way to relive himself, to make his life have meaning again, he saw that the Combine as saviours, they saved him from his horrible way of living, took him into the bright, Sesmo thought he owed them everything, and he decided to remain loyal and faithful to them, just as he thought everyone else like him would. Sesmo thought wrong, he saw many people, breaking the new laws put in place by the Combine, Loyalists such as himself getting bullied and jeered at, just like Sesmo had as a child. At first, Sesmo didn't really think much of it at first, he tried to help the others, he got along with most of them, but as Sesmo began to express his loyalty, he was also jeered at, even assaulted once, getting tackled to the ground and punched in the face by someone who despised the Combine.

At first, Sesmo didn't report the man, thinking that everyone deserves another chance; sadly, these bullying instances became more and more frequent, and Sesmo was getting rather frustrated. He couldn't do much about it, as by the time he would of reported them, they would be gone, nowhere to been seen. All of this, aided by the horrible acts Sesmo witnessed within the City, gradually edged him on to thinking about joining the Combine Civil Authority.
"Yes," thought Sesmo, "I'm going to join the Combine Civil Authority."
And so he began, scribbling away at the small piece of paper with various questions on it.

Sesmo is a lawful, forgiving person, he may get a big angry if pushed over the line, but otherwise, he believes everyone deserves another chance.

For me... I think it's going to be a fresh break from Citizen Role-Play, it's going to be quite fun role-playing a recruit, his first day on the job, not knowing anything, just a citizen in a suit, to put it. Some aspects sound quite hard such as remembering all the radio codes, like, 10-4 (I have no idea what it means, just saw a CP saying it once), what is and isn't contraband, where I should be patrolling and stuff, hopefully I won't encounter any minges, and be forced to chase them for ten minutes straight, otherwise, I expect being in the Combine Civil Authority to be fun but hard at the same time, and it's going to be quite good using the "CCA Char development" thing, like, when you're RCT, you're still a bit nervous about beatings, and when you're a 04., you're slightly used to your job, and don't make as much mistakes.

For my character, it's going to be a new way of life, an escape from his past, a tough way to live, but a better way to live, I think he'll be a bit hesitant with beatings at first, with his morals and such, maybe be a bit too kind and forgiving with the citizens, he might "dun goof"(Hell, I'll probably goof up more than my character.) at times, but after a while, I honestly think Sesmo will get used to his new way of living, and try and make the City a better place for everyone, or at least try.
 Before he gets all brainwashed and... stuff.

PART I: 19th APRIL, 1990.     

It was a rainy morning in Trishkova, a small town about forty kilometres north-east of Pristina, Kosovo's capital.
A young Sesmo Iridimo was lying in his bed, listening to his mother and father shouting and arguing, he had grown used to it, but this time it was horrifying.

"He's your fucking child too, you drunk slob!" shouted Donjeta, Sesmo's mother.

"It was an accident, the boy's a fucking mistake, I was lonely, I was young and bored, you stupid whore!" retorted Imer, Sesmo's alcoholic father.
There was a loud thumping noise which lasted about a minute and a half, followed by silence.

Sesmo was genuinely terrified at this moment, his mother and father never shouted for this long.

"Donjeta, I'm sorry... I really am..." sobbed Imer.

"You always say that, I never should of married you in the first place!" screamed Donjeta, banging the door loudly.

Sesmo watched helplessly as his mother walked down the pavement outside of their semi-detached home, dragging a suitcase along behind her. She hailed a taxi, put her suitcase in the back and climbed in the front.
The taxi sped off into the distance. That was the last time Sesmo would ever see his mother.
The door slammed again, and he saw his father storm off down the street, presumably to his favourite liquor store.
About half an hour later, Sesmo heard him return, drunk.
Sesmo braced himself, ready for his regular beatings his father unleashed upon him when he was drunk.

PART II: 15th SEPTEMBER, 1991.   

It was a dark, humid night, Sesmo was sitting upstairs in the toilet, when he heard the familiar clinking of bottles, his drunken father was coming. Sesmo was ready this time, he had stolen the spare keys the night before, and about three-thousand dinars, he had a small backpack with anything he would need, some food, a change of clothes. By the time Sesmo's father realised his son was missing, Sesmo was getting a taxi ride to Avanterj, a small metropolis near his home town of Trishkova.
Sesmo sat in the back of the car, pretending to read a book, acting like a mute, trying to ignore the driver's suspicion filled questions.

"Isn't it a bit late for a child like you?"

"What book you reading there?"

"So, what's your name?"

By the time the taxi stopped, Sesmo was getting quite impatient, a little uncomfortable, he shoved about twenty dinars into the man's money box, giving a small "Keep the change..." as he left. Sesmo, having looked on a map, had found out that Avanteri had a small orphanage. So, Sesmo stuffed the money in his shoes and socks, and rolled in the mud, and jumped in a few puddles to make himself look like a local. Sesmo's aversion had worked, the staff took him in, shocked at the way he was. Sesmo felt rather guilty for using them like this.
But the way he had been living before they would of probably broke him out of his house with an army squad.
Sesmo settled in rather nice in the orphanage, life was good for a few months, until a police officer turned up one day.

PART III: 2nd FEBRUARY , 1992.

Sesmo was sitting in the orphanage main room, playing backgammon with one of his best friends, Josip Adreme, when one of the orphanage staff, Arta, asked him if he could come kindly to the office. When Sesmo got in, there was a grey haired police man, with a friendly voice, and someone Sesmo would never of expected to be there. His father.
Imer stayed silent as the police officer spoke, not even looking at Sesmo.

"You must be young Master Sesmo," said the police officer with a friendly smile, extending his hand.

Sesmo ignored the man's offer of a handshake, only giving a small nod.

"Well..." said the police officer, gesturing to Imer, "I guess I should you leave you two alone for a... family reunion." he gave a small wave, closing the door behind him.

Sesmo sat in silence for a few minutes, then said, "Hello father, I never thought you'd come for me."

Imer sighed, a tear trickling down his cheek. "S-Sesmo..." he stammered, "I-I love you... I r-really do..."

Sesmo interrupted him before he could continue. "I heard what you said to mother that day she left, I haven't forgot father. I still hate you. Goodbye." Sesmo got up and closed the door, the picture of his father breaking down embedded in his mind.

Sesmo walked past the police-officer, who was whistling in a cliche manner, trying to look as if he had not been listening in on the conversation. Sesmo walked back into the front room, sat himself back down with Josip, trying to act as nothing had happened.

"Why did they want you in the office," asked Josip?

"Oh, nothing, just I... I..." trembled Sesmo, unsure of what to say.

"Is there something wrong?"

Sesmo got up hurriedly, knocking the table over as he did, the backgammon pieces flying everywhere, all attention in the room trained on the fleeing Sesmo. Rushing to his room, he locked the door, pushing his wardrobe in-front of it, and curled into a ball on the bed, crying himself to sleep, oblivious to the large group huddled outside his door, curious.
It was days before Sesmo came out, only to be greeted by bullying and jeering.
"Sesmo, I heard your mother was the local slut!"
"Hey Sesmo, let's go get your father drunk!"
Those were the least insulting comments he heard. Only one person comforted Sesmo, surprisingly it wasn't any of the staff, they were all too busy "working on files", or, as you would say, having a smoke break; which lasts about two hours. Josip was always there for Sesmo, and he helped him to get through the tough times, standing up for him, protecting him from the older boys and girls.

PART IV: EARLY 1998

Sesmo was getting old now, he was just turning seventeen, and he would be leaving the orphanage soon, and go to study mechanical engineering at the local college. But something happened, it didn't seem big to Sesmo, but it would change his life. A lot.

"Rumours are spreading that Kosovo has broken out into war," blared the TV. "Leotrim Skjadir reports..."

Sesmo wasn't really bothered by the news reported, thinking it would die down in a few days, and not affect him. Sesmo was wrong... oh boy, he was wrong, very wrong.

3 MONTHS LATER

It was exactly 4:30 in the morning, Sesmo was awoken by some screaming, and the sounds of trucks pulling up. He heard many footsteps outside his room, out in the hallway. There was a loud thud as Sesmo's door came crashing down, and a large, uniformed man with a black beard grabbed Sesmo, dragging him down the stairs. There were many other men like him, all with the same symbol on them, a large bird like figure with a red background and golden letters around it saying "Ushtria Çlirimtare e Kosovës" as Sesmo saw that, something ringed in his head, a collage of the news reporters on the different channels all speaking at once.

"KLA..."

"...Kosovo Liberation Army, also known as the Ushtria Çlirimtare e Kosovës..."

"... apparently fighting for Kosovo..."

Sesmo almost had a panic attack as one of the men pulled a black bag over his head, and pushed him down onto a seat. He heard the engines of the truck start, and felt something touching him.

"Sesmo, is that you..." whispered Josip.

"Oh thank god," replied Sesmo, "I thought I was the only one here..."

"All the boys from the orphanage are here..."

"Quiet!" shouted one of the UCK Soldiers, hitting Sesmo and Joseph with a hard backhand.

Everyone on the truck seemed to have got the message, an eerie silence filling the air for the next few hours. The truck halted abruptly, and one by one, all the boys were pulled out of the truck, to be greeted by a cheery old man with a large belly.

"Now boys, sorry for the scare... but... you were picked, to fight for your country, to fight for Kosovo!"

There were a few cheers from the older men as the Captain said this, adding to the "drama" of the moment.

PART V: JUNE 14TH, 1998

Sesmo and Josip were fixing the transport truck, which, on it's way to Pristina, had broken down. Sesmo was underneath the truck on a car-creeper, while Josip was standing up, blethering away to Sesmo.

"So, you see Sesmo, when this is all over, we could take over my Uncle Afrim's mechanic business, he's got -" there were multiple loud bangs, followed by shouts of confusion and panic.
Sesmo watched in horror as the sniper shots continued, and as his best and only friend, Josip, fell to the ground, his cold dead eyes meeting his Sesmo's stare.
"No!" screamed Sesmo, pulling himself out from under the truck, cradling his friend's body, ignoring the searing pain in his thigh as one of the gunshots hit him, the other men trying to pull Sesmo into cover behind the truck. Eventually, one of them had to knock Sesmo out to make him let go, dragging him to the inside of the truck.

The continual noise of the truck engine eventually awoke Sesmo, as he looked up at the cheery old man known as "Captain".

"What were you thinking boy? You almost got killed! It took us hours to fix your leg, but you're probably going to be stuck with a limp for the rest of your life! And for what? A dead body?

"Josip..." mumbled Sesmo to himself.

"Yes, Josip, the fucking idiot who couldn't do anything, the little retard who served up food for us all, and done nothing else!"

Something flicked in Sesmo there; something big, for the first and probably the only time in his life.
Ignoring the horrible pain in his thigh, Sesmo reached up, grabbing Captain by his neck, and falling out the truck with him, pulling him down to the ground.
The driver didn't  even realise they both fell out, he was just content on getting home.
The big, fat body of Captain absorbed most of the impact, although it was a good twenty miles per hour or so that the truck was going, the Captain was dazed, and by the time he was aware of the situation, Sesmo was running down the hill towards the train tracks.

"TOOT TOOT," emitted the train horn, as it slowed at the crossroads.

Without thinking, Sesmo followed the sound of it's horn, sighting many, many freight containers full of industrial equipment, some of them empty.
Running, or should I say, limping as fast as he could, the pain in his body now registering, Sesmo got a grip of the ladder on the side of a freight carriage, holding on for dear life. As the train slowed down at the first stop, presumably delivering materials or equipment, Sesmo climbed in the container, leaving the door open a few inches, watching the world go by.

PART VI: JUNE 21TH, 1998

By this time, Sesmo had finished all his army rations, and sat in the train, knowing that this couldn't go on forever. He stood up, opening the carriage door, looking at the passing trees, the sun shining, Sesmo took a deep breath, and leapt into the hands of fate, falling into the passing bushes, getting snagged in them.

"Well, fate definitely wants me alive," thought Sesmo, as he brushed himself off.

Walking for a few minutes, he came across a road, and a signpost saying "EPERNAY, 6 MI; ENGLISH SPEAKING TOWN", luckily for Sesmo, they taught him how to speak basic English back in High School. Sesmo thought for a moment, then remembered that he spotted a sign while he was on the train, the sign reading "German - French Border".
Sesmo was in France, he was a long way from home.
After following the road for a while, Sesmo came across a small garage, many small shops and lots of flats. Sesmo walked into the garage, a small little man sitting behind a desk there.

"Hello?" said the small man.

Sesmo didn't even reply, he just broke down in tears, eventually telling the man his full story in the little English he knew. The man, who named himself as "Mr. Dupont" understood Sesmo's story, and took him under his wing as his apprentice, even letting him sleep in the garage at night.

PART VII: UNKNOWN

Sesmo was in the garage, or should I say, "repair shop", as Sesmo extended the business after Mr. Dupont passed away, officially running it now. Sesmo yawned and drank a sip of his coffee as he sat beside Ms. Petit's car, taking a break from fixing it. Suddenly, there was some shouting outside in the streets, and some dust fell from the roof. Sesmo was panicking already, having bad memories of when he and his "squad" were ambushed. There was a strange noise, and almost in co-operatiton with it  a huge amount of brickwork fell from the wall, covering Sesmo in dust. He heard a large metallic clang as something hit off the car, and then everything went black.
Sesmo slowly awoke, blinking his eyes, looking around. Many people, all nationalities, height, size, gender, were all sitting in what a large train cabin with blacked out windows. Upon further inspection, Sesmo realised that everyone was wearing the same clothing, identical blue jumpsuits. Rifling through his pockets, Sesmo pulled out a card saying -

"NAME: SESMO IRIDIMO."
"AGE: THIRTY-FIVE(35)."
"GENDER: MALE."
"CIVIL IDENTIFICATION: 02692"

- with a picture of his own face. At the back of this card was a pouch, with some paper notes. On these notes were some strange symbols, and a picture of a man with white hair and a beard wearing a suit.
Opening his suitcase, which everyone appeared to have, Sesmo discovered he had another jumpsuit, the exact same, with the letters "C45" written on the neck collar. Sesmo closed his suitcase as the train slowly ground to a halt, the doors opening. There was a blinding flash of light, as a small robot type thing took his picture, and flew away, Sesmo was amazed, it was like he was reborn, taken from his horrible old life.

"Welcome to City-Fourty Five," bellowed a huge monitor, with a picture of another suited figure.

As Sesmo exited the station, he saw a poster, with that same bearded man on it, and the writing -

"JOIN THE COMBINE CIVIL AUTHORITY TODAY, DO YOUR PART FOR THE UNION."

"I will..." thought Sesmo, "I will do just that."

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general? 14 Months and a bit

2. How long have you played on serious servers? Nearing 11 months.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming? Hm... I'm pretty sure I played HRP back in March or something, and I've been on HL2RP since... the start of April, I think.

GMT + 00
Scotland

6. How old are you?

On HL2RP, back in City 8, one of my IC friends was wanted for possibly having dangerous contraband, me and a group of people hid him in my apartment, pushed a wardrobe over one of the windows, and hid in the bathroom, the CPs had one of our names, so we all had to go hungry, skipping rations, hiding in the bathroom.
Another time was on Outlands, and there was a canal search going on, so I hid in one of those big pipe things(The one that the lady hides in at the start of HL2 just after the part when a station gets raided) and stayed as silent as possible. At one point, a few OTA walked past me, but luckily, didn't see me. They were only about two metres away, and I was like "Oh noes. Oh no no nonono." Bricks were shat.

Yes.

IC Section

Full Name: Sesmo Iridimo
CID: 02692
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Dark brown; greying.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: About 160 LBs
Mental Distinctions: Eidetic memory
Mental Defects: PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Mental Advantages: Eidetic memory
Notable Qualities: I'm quite good with mechanics, fixing stuff and the like.

No, never.

Yes.

I'm willing to do anything for the Universal Union.

Yes, everything I perform is my responsibility, and I shall not hold any mistakes against anyone but myself.

Up until the day I die, I shall remain loyal.

I've witnessed many horrors of the City, where some horrible people are bullying, even assualting people because of their faith and loyalty towards the Universal Union, I personally think it's disgusting that some people go against the Union, and I wish to help stop those people.

I, Sesmo Iridimo hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Blt supports this fuck off size application

Note: Fucking book application.  I approve.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:27:47 PM by RTLK - brbdead »

Offline LeoMarr

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2011, 01:57:06 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Leomarr

IC Character Name: Jake Melkut

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so. Self Preservance gave Jake the Idea to apply towards the CCA. Walking around the city, Unable to help in the larger picture, Caused strife in his mind. Looking at the men and women serving as CCA members puts a spark of pride in Jakes heart. He wants to be with them, Instead of agitating them. Looking at the hierarchy of the Civil Protection, Jake feels a need to be apart of this.

Showing themselves to be a righteous force, The CCA walks the city proudly, displaying a sense of Honor, and Duty. Strength within itself, No fear towards an invisible enemy. This is observed by Jake while he is sweeping or doing some otherwise important duty. Giving himself a sense of duty, A drive towards joining this betterment. Wanting to help those who are in need, Those who are arrousing rabble to be detained and otherwise dealt with.

Those who wish to harm the system so whole heardidly placed before us, Should be dealt with righetous vengeance. For this, The CCA protects our cities well being with their very presence. With force, The CCA gains respect by the Citizens of our fair City. Knowingly, the force of anti-citizens causes our city as a whole to gain unlawfulness, When our city should be full of regard to our Mutual Benefactors. Jake Wants to join the CCA, To preserve his state of being a Man, Unlike those who are savages.

He is a driven Individual, He strives for self preservation, He could be considered a materialist, but he does not hoard things. He is Unemotional towards the current occupation, Seeing it as a new opportunity. He is a dedicated individual who tries to occupy himself with his Occupation.

I expect the Civil Authority to be a New gate way to self Preservance. I expect to be given Respect amongst the city, More then now. I have attempted to give myself to the union in other ways, But none will surpass this ultimate act of self preservation. Instead of Being on the Recieving end of power, I would prefer to be on the Right side of this mutually beneficial neutrality. Nothing would suffice more to me then having the capability to walk the streets as a Proud Civil Protection agent. 

Not Fear, But Pride would be achieved with becoming an officer of the City. Aiding those in need, Punishing those that strive to abolish our New lives. Permitting myself to give myself to a Righteous cause, Instead of one that is to be considered weak. I wish to become an Proud individual instead of one who is to be considered Less then our glorious benefactors. I expect to be a benefit to myself and my peers. More then now, Where I am hated by my, Unloyal Peers.

Weeks of Attempted "Holding it out" left Jake and his father in a small country side manor house with dwindling food and water. Jakes father had seen the news reports months previously and had began to stock food and water. His father thought the Government would intervene before things got too bad. That never Happened, They were in that house for a years time before the well and water supplies ran dry. The few cattle they still had alive produced milk, But it was never enough. Two of them left, Not enough food for one, one would sacrifice himself for the other. His father took a .357 magnum and shot himself behind the house. Leaving a small note telling Jake to leave the Manor and follow the road until he reached the city. This city would keep him safe, as his father had failed to do.

Jake took enough food and water as he could carry and began to walk to the city. The city was over 50 miles away, So it would be at least a 4 day walk. After a Days walk, Jake noticed a military vehicle in the distance behind him. Thinking he could hitch a ride, he sat on the side of the road and waited for the vehicle. The vehicle stopped a few yards behind him and two large men came out, one shouting orders to the other. The man shouting orders walked up to Jake and told him he needed his hands to be tied behind his back for transport to the city.
Jake did not resist, in his head, it was better then walking for four days. After arriving at a checkpoint the vehicle continued along the broken countryside Stopping for no one else. This act confused Jake, there had been at least 16 people that had been driven by, but not picked up as Jake had. He got the idea to ask the men as they were talking amongst themselves. The answer was, " The city is already crowded, You just got lucky."

As he entered the city, It was bustling with activity, The soldiers had dropped him off in a re purposed industrial factory. He would be living with another family for the time being, A strapping young lad with his mother and small sister. He talked to the mother often after helping the local trash collectors sift through the waste. She was a German women living in the United Kingdom where she met her now deceased husband. She had stories he could not imagine of her life outside the city walls. These stories included things she could hardly describe, Terrible creatures attacking humans.

Life had been uneventful, the occasional drills to make sure the citizens of the city were ready for anything. Nothing had happened to Jake other then cutting himself on a sharp piece of metal. Until the day the Alarms weren't drills. Soldiers had been running everywhere most of the day, Citizens were told to head underground to the bunkers and living space under the city. Large numbers of vehicles had moved in an out of the city. Nothing was normal, Something was happening. Then the bunker main door was shut. People were screaming, Children were crying. Massive sounds rung through the main entries, Shots being fired, firefights occurring, Explosions in the distance. Jake counted the hours, 5, Massive fighting on one side, 6, Fighting began to die down as the unknown force mopped up. 7 complete silence, and 7 1/2, A large number of an unknown force began to attack the invaders, but were thwarted after only fifteen minutes of combat.

The door opened, Combatants stormed the bunker tying everyones hands and walking them out of the underground, Jake had been fairly close so he could hear what was going on, He was tied without a shed of resistance, He knew what was happening at this point. He and most of the males to a holding facility, They were placed here as though they were rats in a cage. Crowded together, not fed, not watered. This holding facility was chain link though, he could see the brutality of the now known Universal Union. After three days of this chain link, The men were released and processed as Citizens given necessary clothing, and showered after being inspected for imperfections. Then the men were given Transit Papers and instructed on access to the transit facility. Jake made no attempts to resist any of his situations, He simply followed instructions as he always had. Nothing had changed, only which hands controlled the world he had never known. His only objective now was to survive.

OOC Details

About 12 Years
About 3 Years, I have 12 years of experience in All forms of Roleplay.
About 3 days
Pacific Standard Time
United States
6. How old are you?
A large scale Resistance assault on a City Nexus, This failed however, But the injury RPing, Fear RP and demorilization RP were top notch.
Yes I consider myself to be a good listener.

IC Section

Full Name: Jake Melkut
CID: 98141
Height: 6'1
Hair Colour Blonde
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Weight: 190LBS
Mental Distinctions:
Mental Defects: Lack of emotional attachment
Mental Advantages: Caniving, Imaginitive
Notable Qualities: Occupying Himself with work he strives to complete what he finishes.

I was briefly Tied and searched for a Weapons violation, But this violation was not correct and I was released after a brief search. No charges were filed because of mis-information by a third party. Other then this brief mistake, I have not been detained or Apprehended.

Daily

I am Fully willing to Give my life for the Universal Union. In order to achieve a higher regard for ones self, I strive to give myself to my cause.

I accept that any Action i perform will Directly Reflect on Myself and No others.

I will Remain Failthful and Loyal to the Universal Union so as long as I may do so.

To Aid in achieving Soco-Harmony Within the City.

I, Jake Melkut hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 10:31:13 PM by RTLK - brbdead »

Chars:
UNION-DvL.252 Molding Men out of recruits.
Thatch Goodwin Keeping Incognito.
Quote from: Blt
leomarr is cool.

Offline Diebrox

• Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2011, 09:55:21 AM »
OOC Section

OOC Name: Diebrox

IC Character Name: Jackson Doe

During the seven hour war Jackson didn’t even attempt to resist against the Combine because he knew the humanity had no chance.
He was relocated to city 70, a rather quiet city with a small population. Jackson always followed the orders of the Civil Protection, thus he never got into any problems and never earned any points.If he saw any suspicious acting people he reported them to the Civil Protection right away to show his loyalty to the combine.
His reputation was very bad amongst the local resistance; they gave him the nickname “Betrayer of Humanity". But this one particular day changed his entire mind about the combine.
That day he was attacked by a resistance member that was mad at him because he got his best friend amputated; the rebel was holding a sharp butcher knife at Jackson’s throat and said: “Well, what are you going to do now, traitor? You gonna call the civil protection?” while laughing sarcastically.
The rebel was slowly starting to press the knife into his throat.
Jackson was screaming in pain and his throat started bleeding, but suddenly a Civil Protection officer noticed the fight and flicked his stunstick on.
The Officer started punching the rebel unconscious and took both, the unconscious rebel and Jackson with him. The Civil Protection patched Jackson’s wound up and let him go.
Since this day Jackson has a scar on his throat and is more thankful to the CCA than ever before.

Loyal
Respectful
Calm
Lawful

OOC:
I have never been in the role of a CCA officer, so it would be an entire new serious roleplaying experience for me. It will be a challenge and I will have to learn many new things like all the radio commands, the verdicts, etc. I will have to deal with many new roleplaying situations from a whole new perspective. Also, I’m hoping I will never have to deal with minges or anything along those lines. I'll obviously help new people if I meet any.

IC:

Jackson is expecting hard training and many orders from higher ranks. He thinks it will often be hard work, as there are many radio codes he has to learn. Jackson will have to get used to beat, and maybe even amputate citizens. He's curious about what it's like wearing the uniform with all its features and advantages over the jumpsuits. He wants to help the UU and the CCA keep control over the city and the Earth.

Jackson Doe was born in the US on the 28th August of 1986.

His mother, Caroline Doe was 30 years old when he was born.

His father, John Doe died in a firefight 2 months before his birth. John Doe worked as a police officer. During the said firefight 4 heavily armed criminals were robbing a bank and killed 10 people including John Doe and his partner Matt Johnson. They were already shot at when they arrived; they had no time to call for support. All of the criminals were armed with AKs. They both were hit into the stomach and bled to death. 30 minutes after John and Matt died other police officers managed to arrest them.

When Jackson was 6 years old his mother married a brutal man called Jack. He worked in a factory and was 42 years old. At first he seemed very friendly, but a half year later he showed his true face; he was an alcoholic and was always drunk when he got home from work. Once Jackson turned 8 the real problems started, Jack hit Caroline and Jackson almost every day. One time he even made Jackson’s nose bleed and broke his left leg. A year later he was caught by the police during a fight in a bar; the man he was fighting against died while he was in the hospital. Jack was let out of the prison 5 years later, during that time Jackson was 14 years old. Jack hadn’t changed in any way; he kept beating up Jackson and Caroline. She couldn’t stand it anymore and they divorced a few months later. It didn’t stop Jack though. He was like a hunter that found his prey; he wouldn’t give up. He kept breaking into Jackson’s house by throwing a stone through their windows; he stole their things or simply destroyed something. And then, on a Sunday night, he went completely crazy. He broke down their door and went in with a sharpened knife and cut through Caroline’s neck. The entire room was spilled with blood. The loud scream of his mother woke Jackson up; he ran into his mother’s bedroom and saw blood everywhere. Everywhere. After this event he was put into an orphanage. His grades in school were usually normal to good, but the fact that he had no parents that could help him anymore made him get worse and worse in school. Two years after he barely made it out of school he moved into his own apartment and found a job as carpenter. And then he saw him… He saw Jack in a bar. Typical. He waited outside the bar for him to get into his car. Jackson followed him with only one goal; get revenge. Jack parked his car in front of his house and got out. He locked his car and walked towards the house. Jackson sneaked up to Jack when he was about to open the front door and strangled him to death. He pulled the dead corpse into a bush so no one would find out what happened. Jackson nervously got back into his car and drove to his apartment to think about what he just did. Luckily the police never found Jack’s corpse. When Jackson turned 23 the seven hour war came. He didn’t even try resisting; he knew he and the rest of humanity had no chance. After the seven hours of earth being taken over by the combine he was first relocated to city 70, a very quiet city with a small population. He forgot everything about his past life due to the rations he ate daily. Jackson was known as “Betrayer of Humanity” among the local resistance of city 70. About five and a half years later he was attacked by a rebel, (see section 1 for more detail) but when he was about to get killed a civil protection officer saved him. About one month later he was relocated to city 18.

OOC Details

If you count in other games, 2 - 3 years
A half to 1 year
4 - 5 months?
CET
Germany
6. How old are you?
There’s not really anything that special to be honest.
Yes I do.

IC Section

Full Name: Jackson Doe
CID: #45842
Height:6'2
Hair Colour Bald
Weight: 180lb
Mental Distinctions: Not very social, Innovative
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: Intelligent, Innovative
Notable Qualities:
Loyal
Disciplined
Fit
Respectful
Honest

I have never been detained.

Yes, I always eat them.
Yes, I am.
Yes.
I have always been loyal and will remain loyal.

I want to join the CCA to show my thankfulness to the Civil Protection and enforce the law. I want to prevent murders and crimes. Or to summarize it: I want to keep city 18 safe.

I, Jackson Doe hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
[/b]

Failed Interview, Denied.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 01:27:01 PM by RTLK - brbdead »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal