Author Topic: <::|| City Administrator Applications - Cycle 3 ||::>  (Read 3223 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
<::|| City Administrator Applications - Cycle 3 ||::>
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:59 PM »
This is the city administrator application cycle.

<::|| CLOSED ||::>

Closed September 1st

Notes: This will be hard. Many people will apply, most denied. If no ones application is good enough then there will be no CA. All who want to apply will apply in a 2 week time frame and all applications will then be looked at at once and only the best will be chosen. Make sure you meet all requirements.

You must have!:

Past experience!
At least 1 month played on CG HL2 RP!
At least 15 posts!
EXTREMELY ACTIVE!(at least 18 hours a week)
Available during American and early/late European times.
Available during weekends.
Great roleplaying abilities.
Good listener.
Good grammar.
Must have never been banned!
Know HL canon inside and out. (If you would like to learn this then you can look it up here: http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page )

Format:

< Insert steam name here > 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name)

Do you have past experience? If so then where?

How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay?

How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up)

Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?

Do people consider you a good roleplayer?

Are you a good listener?

Do you have good grammar?

Have you ever been banned?

Do you know HL canon inside and out.

Write a 5 paragraph backstory of your character that reveals their qualifications for the position (One paragraph = 4 sentences)

Copy code:

Code: [Select]
[color=black][size=18pt][u][b][color=red]< Insert steam name here >[/color] 's City Administrator application[/b][/u][/size][/color]

[color=black][size=12pt][u][b]What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name)[/b][/u][/size][/color]

[color=black][b][u]Age: (IRL)[/u][/b][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Do you have past experience? If so then where?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]How long have you played Catalyst-Gaming: Half-life 2 roleplay?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]How many hours do you spend a day on the server? (When it is up)[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Do people consider you a good roleplayer?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Are you a good listener?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Do you have good grammar?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Have you ever been banned?[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Do you know HL canon inside and out.[/b][/u][/color]

[color=black][u][b]Write a 5 paragraph backstory of your character that reveals their qualifications for the position (One paragraph = 4 sentences)[/b][/u][/color]
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 03:23:58 PM by chunkeymonkey79 »

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: <::|| City Administrator Applications - Cycle 3 ||::>
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:49:46 PM »
< Teh Penguin's > 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) (This is any name, Not citizens name)
Dr. Jacqueline Banks
I am 16.
I have had past experience on Uprising gaming. And another server but they shut down.
Oh well lets see I have been a unit since the first cycle so a couple of months.
Depends if I get administrator, I would be on a lot of the time. But lately not so much. I'd say maybe 3-4 hours a day if I am on.
Are you available on weekends and in American time and early/late European time?
Yes.
Of course.
Are you a good listener?
Yes.
Most of the time.
No.
Yes.
Write a 5 paragraph backstory of your character that reveals their qualifications for the position (One paragraph = 4 sentences)
Age 24 at the time of the invasion, Born in the United States.
Early life
Jacqueline was born in the small town of Dayton, Ohio. She was born into a high middle class family. At an early age she was put into an highly esteemed private school. This was the start of her life. In her early school life she was taught a good work ethic, she also was very intelligent ever since she could write. She showed great potential. She was a great kid and never got into any trouble. Her parents and teachers loved her and she could write from a very young age.

During her years of childhood, she excelled in science and math. In the first grade she was solving third grade level problems in math and science. Her parents were pleased with this. She continued this in her life until high school when she decided she wanted to go into political sciences. She took many classes in high school about politics. She came to be the president of her high school class. This was a big achievement for her. She finished her high school career with honors. Her parents were very proud and pulled some strings with the administration of Harvard and got her in. Not once in her life did she think this would happen.

After graduating high school, she was invited to enroll in Harvard for political science. This excited her greatly. At harvard she did not party or drink, she was so engrossed in her studies that anybody rarely saw her except between classes. She graduated from harvard with a master in political science. She then remembered the love of being in charge of things. She returned to Ohio. She started campaigning for the office of Governor. After much debate and advertising and speaches, and campaigning. Dhe got what she had desired the governors office. She faithfully filled the office for a couple of years when she decided that she wanted more. She started running for State Senator. Then sudden panic strikes...

She was campaigning all around for the Senator position. There was mass distress all over the world, the seven hour war had come and gone. She then realized her campaigning was all over and she was taken to City 18. There she lived for a couple of years, she is now about 30. She starts remembering all of the things before the war her position and her power she had controlled. She then saw one day an avertisement that said. City Administrator Applications are open, come apply now. She quickly went to the Nexus main lobby and requested a Application. she turned the application in and signed.
Jacqueline Banks

Denied
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:47:11 AM by Combine »

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
< The Mighty cookiemonstur> 's City Administrator application

Dr. Catríona ó hAodha (Irish gaelic, First name means pure, surname means fire)

I am 14.

Sadly, I do not. This does not mean I can't RP well.

Over a month now, about thirty... five days from right now, more by the time these are read.

Really depends on how I feel, any amount of time from 5-10 hours.

For now, yes, I will be gone for 10 days (luckily, it’s before apps close [I think]). After that, I will have school, but I will be as active as possible. I will always be available on the weekends.

Well, I should say so.

Are you a good listener?
Of course.

Indubitably.

Negative.

Of course.

Catríona ó hAodha was born in one of the southern provinces of Ireland, Leinster. More specifically, she was born in County Wicklow, in the town of Wicklow, on the coast of Ireland. Born on August 21st, 1987, she was born into a moderately wealthy family, who shipped products from the harbor for the workers there. Her family decided on the Irish Gaelic name Catríona for her, as her family believed her to be pure, as the name means. She grew up learning Irish, Latin, and English in her studies.

Throughout her childhood, Catríona was committed to the best education available by her parents. She was a natural learner, and a fast thinker.  She easily mastered all three languages, as well as her mathematics and sciences. Although she was a great student, she enjoyed spending her time on the hills and the coastline, playing with friends and just lying there, staring at the clouds. Catríona was an honor student in all of her studies throughout primary and secondary school, receiving top marks in all subjects. Smart girl, a decent amount of money, and she was cute to boot. She never did associate herself with any of the boys though.

Catríona remained a top student throughout college, and attended the University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England. Spending most of her studies with mathematics, she went on to receive a PhD in mathematical physics, and was one of the brightest minds in the country. Catríona became a professor at the university, teaching mathematical physics. She was given the job due to her status as one of the brightest minds in Ireland and in England.  This work pleased her, as she enjoyed mathematics thoroughly.

In 2015, at age 28, Catríona was one of the best professors in the university. All of the students enjoyed her company, and loved her class. It was during one of these lectures that the Combine invaded Earth, and the Seven Hour War began. It was over almost as soon as it began, and the University was no more. She was labeled with a number, and transported to City 18, where she was left with nothing. She almost hated the Combine, but was reassured by Dr. Breen’s words, and soon began to rejoice the Combine. She knew that she had to help the rest of the populace realize that the Combine being there was a good thing, but she didn’t know how.

That was, until, Dr. Breen had announced that the spot of City Administrator for City 18 was opened. He had said that only the brightest were even considered for the spot. Catríona knew that she had to obtain his spot, as she would be able to show the populace that the Combine were good in reality, and helping the earth. She entered the application terminal, and filled out her form. With her form, she presented her PhD in mathematical physics, so that Dr. Breen would know that she was one of the brightest. She signed her name, Catríona ó hAodha, and handed the application in, only being able to hope that Dr. Breen would accept her.

Denied
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:47:47 AM by Combine »
Kathryn Williams
Now in the trading business with Angus Buchanan.
Val'Nok Rotuk
Lost in the canals.
Ember Olliver (Tier-3)
Enjoying her new CWU Winter Coat.
C45.CCA.GRID-01.414
Look at my dress, my dress is amazing.
UU.OTA.REAPER-EtL.73092
Does anyone else taste metal and see red?

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:27:31 PM »
Work in progress

<China Cat Sunflower> 's City Administrator application

Dr. Chris Chaplin

17, 18 on the 29th.

No, I do not but that doesn't mean I won't do a good job.  :)

I'd say approximately four months.

With college starting for me I will not be sure, at the moment anywhere from 5-10 hours. But once it starts I will still try to be on at least 4+ hours.

Yes, I am available both on weekends and late nights. I also usually am on late at night when not much people are on.

Yes, people consider me a great roleplayer. However, everyone thinks my characters are a bit creepy.  ;)

Are you a good listener?
Yes, I am a great listener.

Yes, I have great grammar and I plan on minoring in English as well.  :)

No, I have never been banned.

Yes, I have read the majority of the wiki, I also have a lot of experience in HL2:RP

Chris Chaplin was born on August 29th, 1966 at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, UK. To his two parents, his mother Jenny Chaplin, who was a world-renowned Astrophysicist. Her knowledge was rumored to be on par with Stephen Hawking himself. His father on the other hand was a brain surgeon at the same hospital Chris was born in. His parents knew that one day Chris would accomplish something great and change the world.

As a child Chris was very assiduous and studious. He started to learn basic reading at the young age of three and his knowledge grew tremendously in the first 10 years of his life. Chris attended The Perse School (Which is a private school in Cambridge.) and excelled remarkably. Although it was one of the top schools in the UK it was not enough of a challenge for him. Feeling as though he was wasting his time and was not learning to his full potential, Chris ended up skipping numerous grades and studying material years ahead of his class.

Denied
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:47:58 AM by Combine »
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »
Dr. Grigory Stulenkov
I am a super admin for the community GM Servers, I was in the CCA on HL2Land during their HL2RP days.
Roughly 3 months
I usually spend about 5+hours per day but that's because its the summer, during other months I'll spend 2hours+ during weekdays then maybe 5hours+on weekends
Yes.
Yes
Are you a good listener?
Yes.
Always.
No.
Yes.

Grigory was born on the 16th April 1955 to a poor farming family in Yakutsk, USSR. He struggled through the first few years of life but joined the Kadets who taught him Marxist ideology and how to control the people. He followed Stalinist teachings which proposed that human rights be ignored for the good of the community. He helped construct coal mining towns in Siberia. Premier Kruschev invited his Kadet group to a university in Moscow where Grigory further studied Stalinist Politics.

His first worked with Leonid Brezhnev as Advisor of Military Operations and helped organize the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan.
Grigory was then promoted to Chairman of the KGB in the former Soviet Union under the leadership of Gorbachev and was involved with organizing Spec Ops missions in the People's Republic of China and conducted the supply of oil to North Korea.  Grigory highly disagreed with the policy of Perestroika and disobeyed Gorbachev's orders by organising the assassination of citizens who were members of the Solidarity movement.

When Yeltsin lead a coup and overthrew the Soviet government, Grigory went into hiding as he was wanted for crimes commited in Poland in relation to the citizens who were assasinated.
 He moved to Pyongyang and worked closely with Kim Jong Il in repressing media and designing anti-American propaganda. Stulenkov was paid handsomely by Kim Jong and Grigory remained in North Korea.

Grigory then began to study more literature on policies introduced by Jong Il on how he managed to have such a cult of personality. Then Grigory began to develop his own cult of personality, convincing the North Koreans that he was the only person keeping the imperialism of America at bay and that he even assisted Ho Chi Minh in the Vietnam war... really he never did either of those things, but everyone believed that he did. Literature criticizing Grigory was immediately banned and anyone who criticized Grigory was detained and rarely ever seen again.

When the Combine arrived and took the world over in mere hours, Grigory immediately struck a deal to disarm North Korea's missiles to prevent further Combine losses in return for a political position in the new government; Kim Jong Il was killed by a gunship and therefore Grigory was considered to be the de facto leader. Grigory was shoved onto a boat and moved to C18 as he waited for his application to be finally approved

Accepted
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:48:54 AM by Combine »
"I luv how we where talken about amber killen her self and then it went to a kid that jacked off 42 times and died"
-C45.CCA.UNION-03.334

C18.CCA.JURY-RCT.527
Dr. Grigory Stulenkov
Steven Jessup

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
Krystal Draconis' City Administrator application

Dr. Krystal Draconis

Not as a City administrator, but as a "leader".  I used to lead a faction on an apocalyptic roleplay server as "The Director", and I was basically a figurehead, but I actually had power, unlike a CA.

Since its revival in April.

Currently? At LEAST 5.

Im American, have no job, and graduated from school.  Will that fit the bill?

I've been in roleplay for more than three years.  I consider myself excellent by most standards.

Are you a good listener?

I would have to say so.

Is this application not proof enough of my good grammar?

Once, threw the flashbang while in observer.

I would not be making this application if I did not.  I might be somewhat rusty on the knowledge, so I will look over my sources again, just to be safe.

Well, every story has a beginning, and for Krystal, it was simple.  She was born and raised like a normal child in the state of New York, of the United States.  She took schooling in a private school north of the City, where she was taught well.  Everyone thought she was a genius at the time, due to her excellent ability to learn and adapt, as well as take control.  It became known she would be a great leader one day.

Taking early leadership roles, she was a student council president for many years.  It was decided by her parents that they would send her to an Ivy League school, hoping for success.  She graduated top of her class.  She seemed like a natural born leader.  She immediately went to Harvard on a full ride scholarship, staying on campus, and determined.

Krystal Draconis spent many of her years in Harvard University, eventually earning herself a Doctorate, making her a prime candidate for something as simple as a governor's office, and mere child's play for the spot of the US Presidency.  At thirty, when she graduated, she started campaigning for the Governor's seat in New York, slowly gathering leaders.  After two years, he luck and persistence paid off, and she was promptly handed this seat.  Her parents and friends were proud, but she was not quite satisfied.

Her dream was to become a President.  Krystal had this dream since her final years in grade school.  Over the course of the next 2 years, she tried her hardest, campaigning, traveling, coming up with a platform.  She had run in an election, and after a few months of campaigning, terror struck.  Portal storms were all over the news, and new Zen life forms were seen everywhere.

Not more than a few months after the horrific takeover, she was eventually rerouted to City 18, where she fit right in, but not doing much in leadership, as there were few, if any opportunities to do so.  Krystal did stand out as a leader, taking charge of group activities, such as cleaning and repair operations.  Once she heard that there was a spot open for City administration, she took right up on it, hoping to become the leader she used to be.

Denied
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:49:12 AM by Combine »

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »
< Lewis' > City Administrator application

Dr. Aykan Gotturk
Thirteen.

Not much in the form of being a political figure, I once created a Senate, and eventually turned to Communism on (Wait for it-) DarkRP. I got banned for attempting to make everyone have equal rights/income; alas it was fun while it lasted. As a CA I'd like to do some things to make Passive more fun for citizens, giving speeches directly to them, on some sort of stage, maybe a Q and A, or some sort of weekly reply to letters from citizens.

Since mid-April this year, I believe.

Dependent on the amount of homework I have, on a weekday, probably about between one and four hours, on weekends, quite a lot, at least seven hours.

On weekends, I'll be available from around 4:00PM - 3:00 AM GMT +00, excluding Sundays. (Need to go 'sleepy-time' earlier.)

I've never asked anybody, but nobody has ever complained to me about my roleplaying abilites ; I'd say 'Yes', but one would have to conduct a survey.

Are you a good listener?
Yes.

Yes.

On Serious RP, never.

I've been reading up on HL Wiki, just a few things I'm not certain about, such as what 'creatures' were used during the 7 Hour War; hopefully I'll find it soon. (I'm on Wiki right now, looking.)

22nd of May, 1984; outskirts of Antalya, Turkey.

The young man, in his twenties, gripped the hand rail inside the dolmus, clutching his notes nervously. Opening his satchel for the seventh time since boarding the public transport, he checked that his CV was still sealed inside the plastic folder, and that his PhD was safe. Sitting down, the young man checked his watch, twiddling his thumbs, nervous. In no-time, the dolmus screeched to a halt, in the city centre of Antalya; a concrete jungle, to be blunt. The man stood up quickly, shoving a ten lira note into the driver's box, almost getting his suit jacket caught in the automatic door. Everyone was in a rush in Antayla, including the young man, a one Doctor Aykan Gotturk, son of Hasan Gotturk, the CEO of Turkish-Tourist-Trap, Limak Palace, a seven-star-all-inclusive hotel reserved for only the wealthy and powerful.
Much to the disappointment of Hasan, his son didn't follow in the business, instead gaining - through years of hard work and study at Istanbul University - a PhD in criminal and clinical psychology. His father wasn't too happy, but he eventually gave in, 'loaning' his son thousands of lira to pursue a job, fueling the thriving family line. Aykan had a good education, his father paying for tutors, sending him to a private school, so that he may take over the family business when Hasan was gone. He 'disappointed' him by choosing a career in Psychology, but who was he to say, it was a free country after all.
Aykan looked up, seeing the sleek design of the Terra Centre, a multi-department building with offices and shops for sale; it looked quite out of place in the city, in amongst all the identical apartments and skyscrapers; like a dream-come-true in the city of shattered dreams. Aykan slowly walked in the building, through the metal detectors and up to the front desk.

"How can I help you, sir?" asked a cheery young woman, a bright smile showing.

"I'm here to see..." replied Aykan, stopping to look down at the piece of paper in his hand. "... Mr. Yaser."

"First floor, third door on the left."

"Thank you."

Tapping the 'Up' button on the relatively close elevator, he stepped inside, and hit the '1' button with a closed fist, taking a few deep breaths. The elevator emitted an irritating 'Ding' noise as it arrived. Aykan stepped out, and walked towards the door on the left, a large oak door with a fancy knocker. Aykan took a deep breath, before clanging the knocker down, a soft noise echoing throughout the large hallways of the Terra Center.

"Come in." crackled the speaker to the left of the door.

As he opened the door, the man staring out the window on the leather chair spun round, his grey hair and aging features rather prominent.

"You are Mister Gotturk, I presume?" stated the man, before looking on his computer. "My mistake, Doctor Gotturk. Well, boy, you've got the job."

Aykan looked surprised, and opened his mouth to speak; albeit Mr. Yaser interrupted him.

"Hush," said Yaser, putting a finger to his lips. "Listen, how many people in this city have qualifications, do you think? None, look at it, so many people don't have a proper education; you stick out like a sore thumb, with your PhD and all, I've seen reports, good things have been said about you, and I've got high standards." He tossed a key at Aykan, and he caught it, still gobsmacked.
"There's another room joined to this one, same layout, a standard office, one of d'ose fancy bench things for the patients, now, make yourself at home."
Aykan stumbled into the next room, laughing hysterically, overcome with joy.

4th of September, 1991; Terra Centre, Antalya, Turkey.

"Well, Emet, I'll give you a prescription for some sleeping pills, don't take too many at once, and don't drink, eat, or take any other medication after them, okay?"
Aykan finished writing the form, signing it and handing it to Emet, one of his more frequent patients.
"Thank you Doctor, same time next week?"
Aykan nodded, he truly felt sorry for the man, he may of done bad things, but it wasn't his fault; he was suffering from mental difficulties, and he couldn't do much to stop him. Standing up, Aykan opened a cupboard, taking out a glass and a bottle of Drambuie. Pouring some in a glass, he sat down, resting his feet up on the window sill, looking across the skyline at the sunny fields, full of greenhouses. There was a click as the intercom was switched on; the noise of paper rustling and the familiar voice of the cheery receptionist filled the room.

"Doctor Aykan, someone here has an appointment."

"Send them in," he sighed, swinging round and downing his drink; just in time to give a formal welcome.

29th of September, 1991; Antalya, Turkey.

Aykan slowly halted his old Vespa outside Migros - a large Turkish shopping chain - and looked at the large poster stuck to the window.

"ANTALYA MAYORAL ELECTIONS - NEW RUNNERS FOR MAYOR WELCOME."

Aykan stroked his beard, thinking about it; this would definitely earn the respect of his father again, and his job was becoming rather tiresome, his patients were getting angry at him due to his Kurdish backgrounds, claiming he has no education, various insults among those lines were being thrown at him, he tried avoiding them, doing his job, but it didn't work so well. On the other hand, he looked at Antalya, someone had to clean it up.
That someone was going to be him.

11th of December, 1991; Limak Palace, Lara, Turkey.

"Well son," said Hasan, pausing to light his cigar, "I'm glad you're doing something more... political, rather than being stuck in a room, trying to help sociopaths and psychopaths, don't worry, I put in a little something, your outcomes are going to be quite good tonight, I imagine, with all the campaigning... our mutual friends have done in the past  few months or so." chuckled Hasan, tapping the side of his nose.

"Father, I'll try my best, I just hope you haven't done anything... illegal in the process of making my outcomes better, you have been known to get on the wrong side of the law..."

Hasan chuckled, and patted his son on the back before leaving.

"Get Kafa to take you, the chauffeur!" he yelled from down the hallway. Aykan proceeded down the elevator, and out into the searing night heat for a few moments, before Kafa turned up with one of the many company cars. He was dropped off outside a conference hall in Antalya, just in time to see the results of the ballot. Examining his 'sob-story' of a mayoral application, he guessed he wasn't going to get anywhere, but, surprisingly, he was third on the amount of votes. Curiosity got the better of him, and he waited to see who the 'winner' was. After an hour or so, and a few drinks, the broadcaster came back, stating that the other two had not turned up, and by default, Aykan had been stated as the new Mayor of Antalya. He was greeted by the 'old' mayor, a dreary old man with a hunched back, before being lead off to Kafa once more.

"One day, I guess I'll turn out like that little man..." thought Aykan, still remembering when he watched the 'old mayor' on the television as a child.

Sometime in 2016; Mayoral Office, Antalya.

Aykan was right, he had turned into that old man, he was moody, he missed getting outside, nowadays he was kept inside for his 'safety', rarely getting to go outside without protection, or some sort of armed guard. Standing up, he looked outside at Antalya, the city was getting better by the day, education rates were rising, income per capita was much higher than before, even the cleanliness of the city was improved. Sadly, he was going to have to step down. He flicked through the newspaper, mumbling to himself. Somehow, his father's antics had gotten public; he had got the two other candidates running for the mayor 'silenced', and he was going to have to step down in a few weeks, and relieve his position as he wasn't a 'legitimate' mayor now. There was a knock at the door as a man in a suit entered, speaking quickly to Aykan.

"Sir, we have a matter of urgency..."

"Yes, I know, I'll be ste-"
The man interrupted him, speaking on hurriedly.

"Not that, some sort of war... I-I don't know... but Istanbul's on the line, the-"
The man stopped, turning round as people rushed to the elevator in the hallway behind him. Aykan rubbed in between the bridge of his nose, sighing.

"Is this to do with those supposed 'sky portal' somebody saw up North?"

"I-I think so sir, th-they... Ankara and L-Lara... they won't r-respond..."

Aykan signaled the man to be quiet for a moment, picking up the telephone.

"This is Istanbul, ge-... there's so-" the phone crackled for a few minutes, and the line went dead.

Aykan cursed under his breath, dialing another number in the phone, the number for the Lara Mayoral Office. The phone rang up, and a monotonous voice spoke.

"This number is currently not available, please try again later."

Slamming the phone down, Aykan began to talk to the man.

"Go on, get to Lara, I know your family is there, just go, see if they're okay."

The man didn't reply, only running to join the large amount of people outside the elevator. The elevator doors opened, the music of Louis Armstong escaping momentarily, before the door shut. Aykan stood up, resting his forehead on the window. Something caught his eye, what appeared to be smoke from the horizon, and for a moment, what looked like some sort of flying machine. Squinting, Aykan watched the 'machine', as large arcs of what appeared to be light shot from it. Removing his spectacles with shaking hands, he walked over to a microphone, turning it on; beginning to speak.

"People of Antalya," broadcast the now-overridden mosque speakers.

"This is Aykan Gotturk... this is a matter of what could be international emergency... stay indoors for your own good..."

Pausing, Aykan watched the rising smoke, coming from the Lara area, and he added one thing to his 'speech' -

"Do... do not... fight... these things..."

The intercom went dead as an explosion rocked the building, sending Aykan flying out the window. There was a noise of breaking cardboard as he landed on a rather untidy balcony, just across the alleyway from the Mayoral Offices. Groaning, he rolled onto his front, shakily, he covered his ears, the now frequent explosions and 'gunfire' deafening. After what seemed like an eternity, everything quietened down and started to go blurry. Drifting unconscious, Aykan could of sworn he felt something plucking him from the rubble.

Sometime in 2016; UNKNOWN

Aykan awoke in a room, lying slouched at a table with many other figures, light shined on them all. A grey haired man in a brown suit stood up, coughing to make the others aware of his presence.

"My name... is Wallace Breen... each of you have done a remarkable thing, aiding to the preservation of humanity... many of you are political figures in some way, and you will - soon enough - be regaining a political status in the Union.
Aykan squinted, rubbing his head, still half-asleep; trying to figure out which "remarkable feat" he had achieved, wondering what the "Union" was. Before he knew it, the man had stopped talking, and Aykan felt himself being dragged up - along with the others - a masked figure leading him away. Everything slowly went blurry, as Aykan passed out again, unaware of his surroundings.
When he awoke, he was sitting at a fancy desk -similar to Yaser's back in Antayla - surrounded by strange blueish-metal walls. There was a single item on the desk, a small handwritten letter with his name on it. He opened it, reading through it. It was listed with instructions, about his position, most importantly, some of what had just happened.

"City Administrator for City Eighteen..." mumbled Aykan, reading the letter. Straightening his tie, he walked into a separate room with some sort of camera, and a small microphone. Straightening his tie, he coughed into his handkerchief, and pressed the 'ON' button.

"Welcome to City Eighteen..."

Accepted
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:49:40 AM by Combine »

Offline Calstifer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »
< PFC [508th_PIR]Jacknife > 's City Administrator application

What is your CA's name? (All CAs' names start with Dr.) Dr Artyom Dityatev

As a city administrator? No, but I have fulfil similar roles on different games.

Two months.

I spend most of my time playing on weekends (AUS), so In the week (Mon – Thurs) I do not play at all (Or little, I do go on every once and a while), but on weekends I play 7+ hours a day (If possible, some days are busy, while others aren’t). This increases in the school holidays, with 7+ hours a day.

I set an alarm so I wake up at approx 7AM EST (GMT 10+), so I am on in this time. Additionally, I play on times where most CA’s do not play – The night shift. I find that CA’s would really spice up the often dry roleplay at this time.

Without sounding immodest, yes, I think I am a good roleplayer. I’d have to get someone else to testify HOW good I am, however, as I would not be able to fairly gauge my own roleplaying ability.

Are you a good listener?

Being able to listen is the first step to being able to speak.

I am, to admit, somewhat of a grammar Nazi at times. However, my spelling does not meet such high standards. This is something I am seeking to improve, as now I often re-read my work multiple times for spelling mistakes if I am writing something important.

I can truthfully and happily say that I have never been banned from any Garry’s Mod server.

Once again, without sounding immodest, I do.

Artyom Dityatev was a thinker. Not the statue that used to sit purposefully in Paris, rather, he had an unearthly near addiction to thinking. He was born in Australia 1986, on August the 22nd. His father and mother were Russians; one in the generation of the few men and woman that escaped the clutches of the USSR long before it was formed. One of the lucky few. They had integrated into Australia easily in the 1900’s, as European’s were embraced with open arms while other races were cut off from the country.  Things had changed in the years leading up to his birth. A red tide spilled over Europe, filling men and woman with fear of communism. His family, now well established in Australia, were socially excluded from the community, instead only living and talking among their extended family and small community members. Artyom was born and lived for the early part of his life with a sense of isolation within his community; he was automatically excluded for something that was out of his control. For some people, this would set them up for a life of misery, as they will not enjoy the social incites that most people felt every day. However, Artyom was different. He tried harder.

One particular incident stood out among the rest. He was sitting down on a bench at his school. He was eleven at this age, and the Berlin wall seemed fit to collapse. Not that anyone seemed to care. Nothing changed for him. A boy walked up to him. He looked small and meek, but he compensated by being witty and sharp.
“Why don’t you go back to communist Russia, red pig?” Not as sharp or as witty as he thought. Artyom looked up at the boy, and did something he didn’t expect. He turned on his casual demeanour. He offered him a piece of his lunch. A cookie.
“You want this?” He waved it under his nose like bait. The boy was disarmed by this, and Artyom could see he was preparing another witty remark. He, instead, got in earlier.
“After all, sharing is caring comrade.” He put on the most ridiculous Russian accent that it made the other boy laugh, and involuntarily take his cookie. Within the space of a minute, they were no longer enemies. However, they were a long way from fiends.
Artyom grew up with an air of casual confidence, which prevented him from being stereotypically branded as “That Russian...” It was not only his demeanour that made him special. The thing that made him special was that he got bored.
Being bored can be one of the worst experiences a man can feel. You feel a sense of helplessness and strange uncaring throughout the experience. However, Artyom thought of ways to tackle this. His mind was constantly at work, the gears turning in his head like a clock ticking endlessly; tick by tick. He was a born and bred philosopher.

Once he graduated from school he went to Durham university – famous for its philosophy course, and majored in anthropology and government studies, planning to be an analytical journalist by following up with an arts degree. However, he decided to do government and international studies, majoring in arts (English) and French, to become a diplomat. He then obtained first class honours, and got his Doctorate on the study of Authority, mainly basing it on the fallacy of Argument from Authority, as to set him up to be a high ranking diplomat capable of manipulating his task force. During this time, he tried out and became the vice captain of the universities debating and public speaking team, further enhancing his currently incredible speaking skills. He completed all of his courses when he was 28.
Young and untrialed, he started the process of joining the diplomatic force in Australia. While in this process, he started writing his book “Rise of Authority”, which was a book about how the idea of authority developed – from the tribal authority of pre-history, to the pharaoh’s of ancient Egypt, from the feudal system to the modern day system, tracing a trend of the average workman loosing and then regaining his power within the government system. This book was nearly completed, and never published.

Exert from Rise of Authority

"...There are many different theories about the behaviours of mankind. Some people have a generally good view on it, thinking that man does not want to be ignorant and will strive to make sure that he is not being shrouded with misinformation. Some take the negative approach, thinking instead that mankind is more hedonistic, not caring about the consequences of his actions, or the motives behind it, rather the potential reward it brings. Evidence for both of these idea’s are scattered around history, but have been linked to the extend to show an overwhelming majority. Instead, it has shown that the opinion of the matter is based on personal, cultural, and contextual matters, and that the changing opinion has more of a say in the matter than the actual nature of mankind itself."

He also began planning for a smaller book “Rise of Nationhood”, which would talk about how the idea of a “Nation” developed and how it relates to modern day conquest. Only early chapter drafts and plans were drawn.

Exert from the plan of “Rise of Nationhood

"...To truly conquer a country, you need three things.
-   Physical invasion of a country: Done by occupying armies holding a state by force. This has become one of the most common types of modern day invasion.
-    Financial invasion of a country - which is done by effectively controlling a country by its imports and exports. This has only come in effect in the modern day, as globalisation has created instant access to global finance.
-   Cultural invasion of a country – which can only be achieved when a country culturally accepts another country as theirs. This has not been achieved in the history of mankind.
All three are needed for a conquest, but all three are rarely used."

As he was in the process of becoming a diplomat and writing his books, the invasion began. At first it was a thrill. What better way to think about conquest, authority and the enslavement of the working class than by living in it? But thrill was soon replaced with the feeling that he knew all too well and hated all too much. Boredom.

He had nothing anymore to occupy him. He no longer had his dimly lit study, where papers were strewn across the table in a strange attempt at organisation. He no longer had people to talk to intelligently, as people often mistook his attempts at arguments to stir up trouble. He kept thinking about anything he could, the invasion offering a creative playground but surrounding it with childproof walls. He couldn’t stand it. He remembers the dispatch well, the blaring and echoic voice that hollered to him. It beckoned him to come closer; it beckoned him to join. It dangled an opportunity under his nose he could not refuse. A get out of jail free card. He remembered the moment that he grasped it, its sides seemingly soft and fragile, but angelic in texture. This is what he wanted to do. He took the card, and played his deck. All he could do was hope that the cards were high enough.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal