Author Topic: Dungeon Siege Coop Campaign  (Read 9824 times)

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dungeon Siege Coop Campaign
« on: July 27, 2011, 01:48:07 PM »
Ok, so, I want to form a party on here to go into Dungeon Siege to do the ENTIRE campaign in coop

I want a party of at LEAST 4 members, up to 8

For those of you who don't know what Dungeon Siege is, its a dungeon crawler game that is VERY long, VERY fun, and just overall great

If you don't know what a dungeon crawler is, dungeon siege is similar to fate (but 10000 times better) or (only in the way of movement and how the maps are laid out) Neverwinter Nights 2.

Teamwork will be vital, we will be working together, as a TEAM.

If you want to join the party, just reply in this thread here

Current Party Members

1. Name: LoNeDeStRoYeR
    Play style: Warrior (Sword and shield)
2. Name: Hoplite
    Play style: Archer
3. Name: Tomasas
    Play style: Offensive Mage
4. Name: Teh Caek
    Play style: Defensive Mage
5. Name: Acornman
    Play Style: Undecided

Play styles:

The different play styles are basically your class in the game, but the game does not have classes. This will be a pre-determination of what items and skills you will be using during the game, and what items will be given to you by the other party members to support the total effectiveness of the party.

Basic Play styles:

Warrior: The sword fighters of the group, they are given the heaviest armor to use, and will use either one handed swords with shields, or two handed swords for maximum damage.  They will also have the most health potions, and will always go in first to attract the enemy. The warriors will the the brute force of the enemy attacks, and will be the ones to be knocked unconscious the most.

Archer: The ranged members of the group, they will be given medium strength armor that requires high dexterity so they can use their bows to full effectiveness. They will user bows and crossbows, or any throwing weapon in general. They will also carry a basic melee weapons for emergencies.  They will be given less health potions, and will go in after warriors, as they will be expected to not be attacked as often.

Mages: The mages have three basic types of classes, but all of them will be given a low amount of health potions, they will be wearing light armor or cloth armor, and will have a very basic melee weapon designed for mages.
Offensive Mage: These mages are the ones who focus entirely on combat spells, these guys will dish out the most damage to the enemy, and will be valuable in taking down the strongest of enemies. They will have the strongest combative spells.
Defensive Mage: These mages are the healers and protectors of the group, they will have the most powerful defensive spells, and will be the ones who resurrect and heal the injured group members during and outside of combat. They will have the most powerful defensive spells.
Mixed Mage: The mixed mage combines offensive and defensive spells to be a jack of all trades in the art of magic. These guys wont have quite the strongest spells of either form, but will be able to attack AND defend party members with magic, these can be very valuable in a small party. They will have medium strength spells of offense and defense.

Advanced Play styles:

If you have a play style not said in the basic play styles, then just type out your play style, what items you use, and what skills, and give it a name. Ill add it to the advanced play style list.

Items:

Items will be given to party members based on what the item does and which party member will have the best use for it. Gold will be determined in the game for who needs it and why, and party members are expected to donate gold to the ones in need for important items.

We will be doing the first Dungeon Siege campaign, then Legends of Aranna (the expansion) then we will move to the second games campaign and its expansion (Broken Worlds)

Feel free to discuss the game here, and I'm hoping some of you will join the party so we can have fun and do this campaign together!

Also note that if you don't have the game, i can give you a torrent file for it.

We will be using GameRanger to host the game!

Post your timezone!!!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 05:42:27 PM by Teh Caek »
My dropbox gallery: https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/30764657/1/Ponies?h=988a91
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dungeon Siege Coop Campaign
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
I will play with you, but I will probably just have to put the files onto a CD and put that onto my Toshiba since Mac can't run .exe (P.S. I am fucking sick of you guys saying stuff like "hurrr, mac user" or "Mac fag"). I'll do that as soon as I can, currently though I am getting a shower since I mowed the lawn this afternoon and had watched the entire Sands Of Destruction series from last night and this morning so I'll try to move as fast as I can. Also LoNe, my Toshiba sucks with internet (I tried playing OCRP once and thought that I held the mouse button for 1 second and had completely filled out an entire mac 10 clip so I'm not sure how this will work out, maybe I'll have to get rid of some stuff or something if it's too slow for me. I will use my Mac however for skype since the mac is better on skype than the toshiba and trying to have as few programs on the Toshiba running as possible to optimize the gameplay for it (I'll still have steam off though so the CPU on either laptop I use is low). I'll try and do something that other people wouldn't do like choose the hardest class to play as since I'm experienced from playing Phantasy Star Online ep. 1,2, and 3 (can't wait for Phantasy Star Online 2), Phantasy Star Universe, and Fate so I am accustomed to that kind of gameplay.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
Hey hoplite, yea, we are going to use gameranger, as it supports dungeon siege, and ill add you to the list
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you�re a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
I will play with you, but I will probably just have to put the files onto a CD and put that onto my Toshiba since Mac can't run .exe (P.S. I am fucking sick of you guys saying stuff like "hurrr, mac user" or "Mac fag"). I'll do that as soon as I can, currently though I am getting a shower since I mowed the lawn this afternoon and had watched the entire Sands Of Destruction series from last night and this morning so I'll try to move as fast as I can. Also LoNe, my Toshiba sucks with internet (I tried playing OCRP once and thought that I held the mouse button for 1 second and had completely filled out an entire mac 10 clip so I'm not sure how this will work out, maybe I'll have to get rid of some stuff or something if it's too slow for me. I will use my Mac however for skype since the mac is better on skype than the toshiba and trying to have as few programs on the Toshiba running as possible to optimize the gameplay for it (I'll still have steam off though so the CPU on either laptop I use is low). I'll try and do something that other people wouldn't do like choose the hardest class to play as since I'm experienced from playing Phantasy Star Online ep. 1,2, and 3 (can't wait for Phantasy Star Online 2), Phantasy Star Universe, and Fate so I am accustomed to that kind of gameplay.

ERROR in line 4, missing ")"

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:11:35 PM »
I don't really care, you guys get the point that I play this kind of stuff so deal wit it.
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 04:17:51 PM »
Damn i missed playing a good game of this with people. Nobody plays it anymore.

Im in depending on which version, the expansion or just the original? <-- Snip this im dumb

Im in. What i play i dunno.. probably archer.

I wont be in for the second games expansions, i dont got them. DS2 just seems.. meh.

My timezone is gmt +1
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:39:03 PM by Teh Caek »

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 07:16:05 PM »
Name:AcornMan.
Class: Undecided.

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:57 PM »
Im planning on all of us trying to start the campaign tomorrow (saturday) at about 12:00 PM (noon) Pacific Standard Time, that good with everyone?

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 07:39:55 PM »
Ok with me.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 10:00:13 PM »
Sounds good. I'll try to be on at that time, I believe that is an hour faster than you LoNeDeStRoYeR.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »
In order for good communication skills for the game and for us to be highly successful, we will need all the party's Skype info. (name only (username for skype)) so that we may use voice chat to: 1. cover each others backs, 2. have fun while doing this, 3. to say what items we need with ease, and 4. so we have you on our dungeon siege coop campaign skype call.
I talked with LoNe and found he has all of us on skype as contacts, so no need to read that, also another reason as to why to use skype, I'm keeping my toshiba muted and using headphones on my mac to communicate. can't wait for this to go up in about 13 minutes now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 02:47:58 PM by AcornMan »

Offline LoNeDeStRoYeR

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »
Dungeon Siege Campaign starts in about a half hour... last chance if anyone else wants to join in...

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 03:51:20 PM »
I think we'll need to reschedule since we've had problems doing this and my family's being a pain to deal with at the moment (mom forcing me to edit a college essay so I don't have to deal with it during school, getting closer to dinner time, family being around, not able to move my Toshiba with dungeon siege on it, etc.)

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
I read the title as Dungeon Beige. The fuck?

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
We extended it to same time tomorrow.

Everyone who participates, please update your Dungeon Siege 1 original version to 1.11.1, otherwise we wont be able to connect.
Same goes for the expansion, LoA, update that to 1.50

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal