Author Topic: Fallout: NV Game Review || Spoiler Free!  (Read 6816 times)

Offline ?handss?

• Black Lives Matter
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fallout: NV Game Review || Spoiler Free!
« on: July 21, 2011, 10:01:24 PM »

Overall 10/10

Gameplay (Combat) 5/10
THe VATS system from fallout 3 has been greatly customized, and with the vast amount of weapons available, you'll be singing hallelujah as you blast heads off with .50 caliber sniper rifles. Most enemies strengthen with you, as you progress levels. But, you will run into challenges, which make the combat aesthetic more and more fun.

Story 10/10
The story-line, a mere courier, delivering a mysterious platinum chip, grows and evolves with exactly what you do. The actions you make around every turn effect everyone in different ways. This game will remind you, nobody is perfect. As you progress, you'll believe you've taken the right sides, doing all the right things. But by the end of the game, a "sandlot" style ending sequence will play, portraying the wasteland as you have morphed it, and I guarantee that at least once while watching it you'll say "Damn... Im an a**hole". But, I've never seen a story line that reflects the same actions given in the real world. This isn't your "I kill everything and save the world everyone is happy amen" type of game.There are plenty of rough decisions, and more than once you will actually feel regret for what you were forced to do. The story writers at Bethesda could make shakespears work look like a 3rd grade essay.

Graphics/map design
Oh baby, if there's one thing I love in a video game, its lighting. And my god does fallout really blow the industry out of the water. The game is beautiful, one of the best RPG's I've ever scene. Reflections are perfect, details are beautiful, and it portrays a nuclear wasteland amazingly.

Cons
As we all know from fallout: 3, there will always be glitches when we're dealing with Bethesda.

And new vegas is no exception.

Vary'ing from impossible quests that never complete, to the pre-order pistol, who's model as never added into the game. Congrats rich kids, you just payed 90bucks to shoot raiders with an error sign...

One HUGE F***ing error sign. But, for those of us who love bethesda for what they are, we know to look at the many bugs and small glitches as a "minor" threat to our immense enjoyment of one of the greatest story-lines since Mass Effect 2, Which, in the next installment, will allow players to be not only a woman shepherd but...

[size=150]Homosexual Shepard too![/size]

All in all, fallout is solid for any die hard RPG fan, well worth the money.

Some people feel like they need to make a point. Those people need to pull the stick out of their ass.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fallout: NV Game Review || Spoiler Free!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 10:15:48 PM »
Download the patches

Offline ?handss?

• Black Lives Matter
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »
Download the patches

I play the Xbox version. Even with the updates, there will always be glitches within fallout games.

Some people feel like they need to make a point. Those people need to pull the stick out of their ass.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:16:41 AM »
Lmao. I lol'd at the comment about the pistol.
New Vegas is a good game; but can get boring fast. The Dead Money DLC was complete shit. It only adds 1 new foe to the game; who is only available in one area. The story of Dead Money is insanely boring, and I never even bothered finishing it. The enemies in the DLC get very repetative; and you can never find anything useful for your character other than spears and axes.
As for your review, Hands, it's very biased, as it only focuses on the aspect of the Xbox 360 version of the game. The game on PC is very fun and has shitloads of mods that you can download and install. A lot of the mods would probably fix/improve anything that you saw a problem with on your Xbox.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 06:54:41 AM »
You rate the combat 5/10 yet list no flaws with it, except "It's challenging." Even if it was, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 07:09:07 AM »
Oh baby, if there's one thing I love in a video game, its lighting. And my god does fallout really blow the industry out of the water

not sure if troll review, fallouts engine was only "alright" when fallout 3 came out, correct me if im wrong but NV is on the same engine, it's old and dated and a lot of things look better already.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 07:24:42 AM »
Oh baby, if there's one thing I love in a video game, its lighting. And my god does fallout really blow the industry out of the water

not sure if troll review, fallouts engine was only "alright" when fallout 3 came out, correct me if im wrong but NV is on the same engine, it's old and dated and a lot of things look better already.
bf3

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:30:50 AM »
far cry 2 was released around the time fallout 3 came out, far cry 2 looked miles better than fallout 3, even if the gameplay was a bit lame

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 07:38:28 AM »
far cry 2 was released around the time fallout 3 came out, far cry 2 looked miles better than fallout 3, even if the gameplay was a bit lame

A bit lame is an understatement.

Drive to point A which is 25 km away, kill 2 enemies. Drive to town, get needle of mystical medicine. Inject yourself. Drive to point B which is 45 km away, kill 3 enemies. Drive to town.. etc.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
well, it still looked damn sexy compared to other games at the time

Offline ?handss?

• Black Lives Matter
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
You rate the combat 5/10 yet list no flaws with it, except "It's challenging." Even if it was, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Must have lost track of myself there.  The combat system was about a 7-8. Sorry fella's.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 09:58:42 PM »

Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal