Author Topic: The no admin application issue.  (Read 3062 times)

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The no admin application issue.
« on: July 07, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »
Hey I just realized that the admin apps got removed about 5 hours ago or so, and I just wanted to make a post about how disappointing this is to me seeing as how I was "admin shadowing" before making an admin application. If admins would post on this about how to become admin, or get yourself sited as a likely candidate, I would appreciate it. I guess for now the only way to get sited for becoming an admin right now is to RP well, help people out, and help an admin from time to time (IF they ask for it) I guess for now though if you do get sited they might tell RoflWaffle or something, I don't really know the specifics. But yeah, I just want to be sure about the admin thing since the applications are no longer in effect if it's just hand picking people by admins to be admins or if all admin positions are closed.
"Groovy", "This, is my Boom stick".
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".
For funny billboards: http://majormike.us/?p=128

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The no admin application issue.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 11:23:15 PM »
Admins are now going to be handpicked.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »
So essentially my "admin shadowing" days are over unless they're thinking of suggesting to be one of the "handpicked"?
"RoflWaffle: Servers are going to be down for at least 12 hours as I locked myself out of the box again"."RoflWaffle: :c I need to stop doing that".Justin Newton AKA Jay killed RTLK using "weapon_copgun_ocrp "I've now killed all the admins and dev's at least once."- Justin Newton AKA Jay".

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 11:28:07 PM »
No.  Admins are able to suggest people based on ability, so I suggest continuing it.

Offline AcornMan

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 11:33:37 PM »
Okay, just wanted to make sure about it Karma, it's funny though, ever since my "admin shadowing" (If I have to tell another person what it means to admin shadow I swear I'm going to hit my head) began, people have actually been RPing well on OCRP (shocking to me) and I've only been to 2 situations where I got to be the admin, the second time however was a failure since Jiggerfrizz disconnected due to (No Steam Logon. So I've really only been the admin in one issue, I find it to be a great experience being the admin on Gmod, not at all like it is in ZPS (Zombie Panic! Source) which I was essentially the co-owner of the server (even though i never payed a cent on it, but I was very good buddies with the owner which usually abused his power and I would never abuse) (This is a true post and if LoNeDeStRoYeR was ever on the server he could tell you, but I think he only played once and that was a LONG time ago, about 3 years or so if I ever played with him and his old steam name being Pvt. Ryan or something like that) (This is not to purposely forward my admin experience or to say that I'd be a perfect choice for admin, it's just to give my background of admining and that I've never admined on a Gmod server).
EDIT: locking this as to how it might just spam up the post amount anyone has.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal