Author Topic: Catastrophic HDD failure  (Read 3988 times)

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Catastrophic HDD failure
« on: June 29, 2011, 02:19:51 AM »
After rebuilding my PC I had come across some bad luck....

MY ENTIRE FUCKING HARD DRIVE DIED..... /rage

I'll be out of commission until Friday at the earliest.

Offline Newbrict

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Catastrophic HDD failure
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 02:51:20 PM »
After rebuilding my PC I had come across some bad luck....

MY ENTIRE FUCKING HARD DRIVE DIED..... /rage

I'll be out of commission until Friday at the earliest.
Yeah my HDD took a fat shit on itself last week.
that is the second time in 4 years that that's happened (seems long, but it's really not)
I invested in a SSD, it's awesome. ( it also has a 114 year projected lifetime )
Nothing interesting here.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
equals dee, I get SeC
o7

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:30:49 PM »
equals dee, I get SeC
N, you don't deserve it one bit, it's only because you're an admin and there's bias for you, meanwhile, I'm here at 01 still because "boo-fuckin-who" people don't like me. You didn't deserve your OfC, DvL, CmD, or SeC position. You should have climbed the ranks normally, it's a shame you got to your place through bullshit.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 09:47:55 PM »
equals dee, I get SeC
N, you don't deserve it one bit, it's only because you're an admin and there's bias for you, meanwhile, I'm here at 01 still because "boo-fuckin-who" people don't like me. You didn't deserve your OfC, DvL, CmD, or SeC position. You should have climbed the ranks normally, it's a shame you got to your place through bullshit.
Try and stay on topic, it may be hard for you...

Good luck, Bullet. Never had a HDD do out on me, but hopefully you'll be back up and running soon.

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 09:57:24 PM »
I'm lucky that all of my steam content was on my unharmed HDD.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 10:00:53 AM »
equals dee, I get SeC
He was joking.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:35:29 PM »
Get a big magnet.
Wipe said magnet across HDD.
Do it some more.
??????
PROFIT!!!
what would taht do that write to 0 wouldnt? i assume bad sectors... as ive had half a dozen drives die from bad sectors in my lappy... no idea why, never could get one to last for more then a few months
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal