Author Topic: Say what  (Read 5825 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Say what
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:05:58 AM »

i am very confused somone77 pls explain
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Say what
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:50 AM »
So Catalyst-Gaming has a very robust infrastructure for a gaming community. Where most have one server to host an srcds server, web server, database server, and everything else; we separate these services in a high available and redundant fashion.

The important thing to this network is that if any server goes down, there is an alternative available for a quick replacement.

e.g. If the database server went down, a replica can be spun up in less than 10 minutes on the visualization server and restore the database from the daily backups. Downtime should be less than 20 minutes.

OR

Gameserver, cow, goes down. A duplicate is kept, off, ready to be turned on. A gamemode can be cloned from a git repository on Ludus and be running again in a few minutes.

The servers run CentOS7 with the exception of the virtualization server, which runs ESXi 5.5. All servers are controlled by a central policy server, Hogs, which handles authentication and security assignments for all groups of servers.

This entire infrastructure is monitored by Yak which runs an Icinga2 instance monitoring including, but not limited to, the network connection, disk usage, update status, HTTP response, and users logged on.

Staff with privileged access connect through a VPN to the firewall, SMT. This provides them access to the internal network. It's worth noting that none of these servers have any management open to the outside world.

So to answer your question, the server names were chosen from a pool of annoying shitheads and assigned to servers at random. Why did I do that? Because it made my laugh that's why.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 08:27:31 AM »
So Catalyst-Gaming has a very robust infrastructure for a gaming community. Where most have one server to host an srcds server, web server, database server, and everything else; we separate these services in a high available and redundant fashion.

The important thing to this network is that if any server goes down, there is an alternative available for a quick replacement.

e.g. If the database server went down, a replica can be spun up in less than 10 minutes on the visualization server and restore the database from the daily backups. Downtime should be less than 20 minutes.

OR

Gameserver, cow, goes down. A duplicate is kept, off, ready to be turned on. A gamemode can be cloned from a git repository on Ludus and be running again in a few minutes.

The servers run CentOS7 with the exception of the virtualization server, which runs ESXi 5.5. All servers are controlled by a central policy server, Hogs, which handles authentication and security assignments for all groups of servers.

This entire infrastructure is monitored by Yak which runs an Icinga2 instance monitoring including, but not limited to, the network connection, disk usage, update status, HTTP response, and users logged on.

Staff with privileged access connect through a VPN to the firewall, SMT. This provides them access to the internal network. It's worth noting that none of these servers have any management open to the outside world.

So to answer your question, the server names were chosen from a pool of annoying shitheads and assigned to servers at random. Why did I do that? Because it made my laugh that's why.

holy kek

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 02:39:39 PM »
i dont know what i read

but i like it

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 01:22:10 AM »
So you're saying roflwaffle is an annoying shithead too? :)

It's really funny to see how advanced CG network actually is compared to most other communities.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 06:07:35 PM »
So you're saying roflwaffle is an annoying shithead too? :)

It's really funny to see how advanced CG network actually is compared to most other communities.

n yet it gets ddosed the same

#rekt

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 09:07:48 PM »
havent had any i'm an idiot for assuming things issues on the new setup. the new setup is what stopped the attacks thanks smt last year
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 02:52:58 AM »
i will still use low orbit cannon pls
ok

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
hogs aka nazi policy

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 10:04:22 PM »
i will still use low orbit cannon pls
fbi pls

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal