Author Topic: Most memorable moments at Catalyst-Gaming?  (Read 6294 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Most memorable moments at Catalyst-Gaming?
« on: May 29, 2015, 12:14:13 AM »
As we all know, Catalyst-gaming is going to shutdown here pretty soon. CGRP was cancelled and HRP simply isn't bringing in enough donation money. It may be hard to realize, it was for me, but I think that talking about some of the fun/interesting experiences we've had here at this community would help with the healing process.

You can really talk about anything. Be it some fun RP situation in HL2RP, getting that one faggot in HRP permabanned, or really anything interesting!

The whole Kyle White debacle....I can't believe you idiots couldn't figure out that I glitched into the Nexus like ten goddamn times, some of the time there were units online too(TF? How come you didn't see me??). I mean, how do you think a citizen would somehow get a shotgun, Mp7, pistol, and so much ammo that your head would explode? I had like 5 admins questioning me on how I got all of the weapons and none of you could connect the dots. Then again, I was one of the few people that knew how to do it before it became a well known exploit...Also, whatcha gunna do, ban me? HAH. Also, SatN is a silly cunt and I know you metagamed to get Kyle killed. I checked logs when I finally became admin and saw you go in and out of observer mode during the raid to find me. I was hiding on the other side of a goddamn billboard(something like that), there's no way you should've EVER found me since I basically had to propclimb up there(but hey I RP'ed it) and you said some bullshit excuse on how "oh we had a sting operation earlier and we just reused that" or some lame bullshit. Yea yea yea, Oz even told me he knew what you were doing ya silly cunt. I got PK'ed literally 3 fucking times before it was perma since I always got off on technicalities. I remember once time I got PK'ed whilst in the trainstation execution room by like 1 or 2 units, and barely any people were on, but it was stated in the rules that PK's can only happen in the Nexus or some stupid thing like that. Another time some OTA units went up on the roofs of buildings and came down on grappling ropes and all sorts of bullshit to try and get me killed. I got PK'ed but I forgot exactly how I got off...I think it might've been because it wasn't in the Nexus or that the whole situation was voided...yea I think for whatever reason the situation was voided.

Obviously you can't leave out the age of hogs. I remember on one of statuas maps where there was a villa, hogs was using his microphone(I think at that time it wan't fixed or something...) and was just annoying the shit out of everyone until some admin came on and said "ey stop that" and he acted like nothing happened. Oh lawd was he annoying but it was fucking hilarious.

One time me and like 8 other people ganged up on Skylar, the "female" that paid over 1000$ (yes you read that right) in "donations" for an RPG, maxed stats, shitloads of ammo, "unlimited" inventory space, and just generally OP bullshit. At this time I knew the game and I knew how every cunt metagamed and would stall out RP in order to be saved, so I got these 8 minges to listen to me and we mugged Skylar for everything she had before Jonco(That metagaming cunt) could come around with his Navy Seal character and save her. The best part was once I took her RPG and it was mine, I went over to the town and EVERYONE was freaking out in LOOC wondering how the fuck some random ass dude is running around with a goddamn RPG. I also made Skylar permanently ragequit from CG because all of those 1000$ goodies just was gone. Best part was that I got off scottfree.

Another funny thing was when we caught Jellfish aka Nickneros HL2RP OP waifu. I had a unit and there was some 01 or SeC online and she had a buttload of guns and so we were saying "Yeup Yeup, ampoootate". Nick kept trying to stall RP and beg his buddies on steam to get on to stop the amputation before it happened because he was a salty cunt. We were making some serious progress and were about to get him amputated, which would have been the best thing to ever happen, but the cunt couldn't RP and kept bitching on LOOC. Good times, good times.

PURPLE...ahahahahahaa. I would make a bunch of throwaway characters and he had a DvL so he would open up the front Nexus doors and let me run inside and so everyone would start freaking out saying "OMG MINGE IN THE NEXUS" whilst I just ran around like a maniac. I got killed a bunch of times but it was hilarious.

For you newbies that think "Wow cow, you sound like a true minge", just know that every other player/admin was metagaming, stalling RP, and breaking every rule in the book. I mean, how do you think admin civ characters were damn near unstoppable(See Jellfish)? They just don't want to admit to it even though we all know deep down what truly went on.

SHARE YOUR STORIES, IT CAN BE ANYTHING
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Most memorable moments at Catalyst-Gaming?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 01:00:05 AM »
we're not going anywhere and cgrp wasn't canceled.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 02:42:16 AM »
Oh boy where do begin...

Oh yes, The Great HL2RP Crusade....
Everyone has seen the complaint im sure but ill just sum it all up again.
(If i am marginally off on some details kill me)
One day when HL2RP was really in a shitheap and boring as fuck for weeks i was invited to a steam convo with Journey.  He basically wanted to know where the Armory was in HL2RP and i joined to help him find it (Remember i never was in the CCA so how the fuck should i know).  He still had his Admin powers in HL2RP because back then we had idiots for developers.  Anyways, we proceed to fuck around in the Nexus for god knows how long and at the same time he was telling me not to go into xx rooms cause of Chunkeymoney and the other mook were in the citys announcement room talking and not even paying attention to anything.  Well eventually Journey gave up and i walked out of the nexus and just walked around.  Shortly i was invited to a steam convo with him sabbo, tittles, some girl, and probably someone else i dont fucking remeber.  They all were dicking around and wanted me to come and have fun.  So cut some shit joining etc i decide we were going to RP "DDoSing The Nexus"  we run into Block B and go to the top left room and begin spawning servers and computers (labeling them "Super i'm an idiot for assuming things Machines" until nicknero appeared and removed all our props claiming we were trolling and stuff.  We told him a bunch of senseless babble and i remeber saying that "We were only trying to win the game by DDoSing the nexus".  He threaten to ban us if we kept it up so we laid low for a small amount of time.  Then we had the brightest idea of them all... we had a "The Meeting of Important People".  We began building in the room to the right and made a giant board room table, chairs, a fucking gnome, all sorts of shit to make it look real and also a sheet of metal textured to look like cloth over the window and began bullshitting around.  It didnt take long for Nikolai and Chunkey to "somehow" hear us from 4 stories down at the fucking plaza so they come up and storm in after listening for god knows how long...  When they shotgun the door someone no-collided the sheet metal on the window and everyone but me and some kid stayed while people jumped out the window and 2 got shot.  Sadly Nikolai had me and the other kid banned after some quick talking and i missed the rest of the event.  But journey re-capped it as they banned Nicknero right as he joined and then opened up the nexus for citizens to get guns from the armory and the day was won.... We all got banned. After they did we all were still in Steam Chat and began thinking on ideas on how to bend the story around... the easiest way was to blame all of our actions of Nikolai and then partially on chunkey because they ruined our event completely and caused journey to go on a crusade.  That is when we got bored and made the complaint and called it a day.  The complaint honestly speaks for itself lol.

Let's also not forget back when CG had the Wiki and i made my page.  Or how i was 100% right on most of the stuff i bitched about and you guys only learned that after i was banned for 2 years...  Good times....

Personal Favorite was getting all the CWU to flag up and outnumber the CCA and go on a mass patrol across the plaza.  Oh god how many units complained at us it was so funny they kept telling us to disperse and i prop trapped one and kept telling them to fuck off. 

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 03:13:21 AM »
nina lopez

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 03:39:36 AM »
CGRP isn't canceled.

Best moments? Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head:

-The birth of outlands and playing dice games with Bobby using /roll
-The hogs incidents including the pirate one, the hogs videos, and me pm'ing him asking him to be on some RP commitee for CG
-Green Harbor
-OCRP2 which was supposed to be scratch build, becoming OCRP1.75 and getting shit on due to the performance failures, eventually leading to the death of OCRP
-The white knight epidemic on Outlands that lead to everyone creating thug groups and PK's being handed out left and right
-GMR being one of the best public gamemodes, bringing in new players every single day with 30+ on
-Skype video calls and Jonco sitting at his computer with no shirt on, ever. And his fucking cat
-Daily teamsqueak shenanigans with the HL2RP crew
-CG's hall of fame as assembles by our infamous beloved Adam S (honorable mentions; Dakota, SatN, Crap-Head, Hogs, Purple)
-Spam with no rules and the death of it.

There's so much that went on here. But the end hasn't come yet. Nobody (important) said its here and as the famous shitty quote goes, "When you assume, it just makes an ass out of u and me."

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 09:44:16 AM »
Cow, reading the first two sentences made me hope you actually came up with POSITIVE good memories. But it honestly seems like you only used this subject as excuse to shit on old people that are no longer here.

Anyway, I would write a wall of text with some of my memories, but I'm at work so I'm /supposed/ to do work stuff. :\
I'll come back to this thread and write something good later tonight, I promise.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 05:50:36 PM »
Cow, reading the first two sentences made me hope you actually came up with POSITIVE good memories. But it honestly seems like you only used this subject as excuse to shit on old people that are no longer here.

Anyway, I would write a wall of text with some of my memories, but I'm at work so I'm /supposed/ to do work stuff. :\
I'll come back to this thread and write something good later tonight, I promise.

I have nothing against the "old people that are no longer here", it was just a game that happened to give me enjoyment through all the drama. I look back at it positively because at the end of the day, it gave me some memorable memories. Please, let's just go back to talking about any and all memories we had here. I hold nothing against anybody that ever played Hl2RP.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2015, 07:28:43 AM »
Alright, I'll try to come up with a couple of funny memories.

The Bugatti Shipment (OCRP)
I call this the Bugatti Shipment, because it was literally a shipment of like 7 Bugatti's that entered OCRP in a single day.
Kronic somehow already had a shitload of dosh, and he found out that Crap-Head's silly card game didn't had a bet limit. So he bet all his money and won like 7 times in a row, causing him to have 7-8 mill. He gave out a bunch of that cash to people and everyone got their Bugatti. Crap-Head was SOOOO MAD that his coding already caused an economy outbreak. It was fucking hilarious.

The countless exploiters getting perm'd [OCRP]
Every time, when we found some other feggit exploiting the game and gaining a shitload of dosh and we questioned them and they either came up with the most unoriginal excuse ever, or simply start to act like mad 12 year olds for getting caught doing naughty things. It's just funny what they come up with every time. So I count this as funny memorial.

New SeC new SeC new SeC, oh look, another new SeC! [HL2RP]
The amount of times we switched from SeC to SeC was just funny in general. And NONE of these times we learned our lesson by picking out buttbuddy favoritism. Gee, I wonder which RL friend or best buttbuddy will get SeC next time? The amount of drama revolving around every single SeC selection just adds to the pile of shit drama which made it even more funny.

Otis [HL2RP]
Man Cow, how the heck could you forget about this guy in your post? This guy with his younger brother acting completely autistic every day. Either they completely denied they were related, or Otis was acting like some old grandpa again...
"Grandpa Plays HL2RP" - This video, so much wow. To bad he made it private by the looks of it.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline -|TBG|- Harms Way

• Master Shipbuilder
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2015, 06:11:59 PM »
I've had many good experiences on the HRP server. But I'm sure I'll have many more to come. Here are a few that stand out though.

The first time RMS Titanic II was built.
Click to see the original size.

Club Red

Recovering the Journeyman's Light

How I fished before I got a fishing boat

The rebirth of the White Star Line
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 09:59:14 PM by -|TBG|- Harms Way »

Offline jonco

• Original Gangster
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »

and we mugged Skylar for everything she had before Jonco(That metagaming cunt) could come around with his Navy Seal character and save her.

My favorite story was when cow wasn't autism..

Haha that never happened.

ecks dee

stay mad kid

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »

and we mugged Skylar for everything she had before Jonco(That metagaming cunt) could come around with his Navy Seal character and save her.

My favorite story was when cow wasn't autism..

Haha that never happened.

ecks dee

stay mad kid

Blasted

good one jonco

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »
when rofl wasn't in denial about his semitic background and had racially fuelled feuds with other hl2rp communities.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2015, 06:00:34 PM »
Sarah

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »
when rofl wasn't in denial about his semitic background and had racially fuelled feuds with other hl2rp communities.

It's obvious to tell waffle is a jew, just look at his nose and hair. Before he chopped it down he was starting to grow a jewfro.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2015, 09:36:05 PM »
When Rofl actually cared about CG and was not in denial about HRP. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal