Author Topic: [2/27/15] Harbor Roleplay Update - after 5 months of soon™  (Read 11107 times)

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[2/27/15] Harbor Roleplay Update - after 5 months of soon™
« on: February 28, 2015, 01:05:36 AM »
Map changes
- We've moved to rp_twinharbor(pictures here https://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=29629.0)
- The new map has been completely redesigned from scratch by Statua. The blue and red harbors still exist, but they look nothing like they used to. The islands have been redesigned and the Oil Rig has been replaced with an abandoned aircraft carrier. Airstrips have been added to all four zones to make planes usable.
- As a result of the map change, we're no longer using the 'realistic' day/night script. This means no dynamic props, which means higher framerates. We will still have a day/night cycle, but it won't be as realistic as the old system. This is hard to explain in text, so you'll have to see it yourself.

New workshop download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400101522

New vehicles
- Cessna airplane. $350,000

Price changes
- Reduced SC-1 to $20,000 to make things easier on new players
- Reduced Fishing Boat to $80,000 to make things easier on new players

Weapon changes
- Nerfed the Double Barrel shotgun - still does good damage, but reduced the range and increased the spread. May need some more nerfs, we'll see.
- Fixed the Winchester 1897 not using the correct ammo type.
- Added the Winchester 97

Misc changes
- Adjusted serverside rates - this should result in substantially better latency under peak hours.
- Ping will now show as numbers instead of bars on the scoreboard
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't be banned via the administration menu
- Whitelisted all of the props in the whitelist request thread.

Huge thanks to Statua for doing such an incredible job on the new map and to RTLK/Karma/Scratchie/Dark Ember(pls stop changing your name) for all of his hard work in getting this update ready.

That's about it for this one. Report any bugs here.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:55:42 AM by 31 bitches? you feel me? »
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [2/27/15] Harbor Roleplay Update - after 5 months of soon™
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 01:08:33 AM »
This will be released within the hour.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 01:10:24 AM »
Woop, about time too

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:23:05 AM »

Good work everyone!

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 02:24:39 AM »
Workshop link in op

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 02:36:02 AM »
Update is now live.

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:09:40 AM »
Known issues
- Scuba NPC is underwater by the islands - will be moved to the island land
- Some doors in drydock houses do not work
- There's a dumb fucking pony easter egg on the fucking islands FUCK YOUS TATUA
- Aircraft carrier doesn't actually fit any of the aircrafts on the inside
- Blue harbor walls don't go to the ocean floor, they stop at the water line
- One of the doorframes in the airport(upstairs before helipad) is missing a texture on the bottom part
- One of the island platforms can be swam under
- Cessna doesn't lock correctly all the time
- Fishing containers need to be ropeable to shit
- Microwaves don't work still sry
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:27:39 AM by 31 bitches? you feel me? »

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 04:00:45 AM »
For the record this was all RTLK's Idea and not mine.  I did not take any involvement or suggest this very idea. 

For those wanting to see

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 07:53:37 AM »
Fuck off. Literally. FUCK OFF with that material. I demand it. And I can't believe you actually put that in in the first place. You KNOW how this community reacts to certain fanbases, so shoving it down our throats like this isn't going to make anyone happy. This counts for any kind of fandom that others don't value. Anime, Pony, Furry, Whatever else. Just leave it out of the god damn map.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 12:30:21 PM »
Fuck off. Literally. FUCK OFF with that material. I demand it. And I can't believe you actually put that in in the first place. You KNOW how this community reacts to certain fanbases, so shoving it down our throats like this isn't going to make anyone happy. This counts for any kind of fandom that others don't value. Anime, Pony, Furry, Whatever else. Just leave it out of the god damn map.
Oh for the love of god. He made the map for free and did a good job at it and decided to make a little joke.  Is it going to make you butthurt that bad?  Ill tell you what, we will remove the map and let YOU make it. 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:35:03 PM by Adam S - Rainbow Dash »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 01:05:10 PM »

I hope you're not serious nick.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2015, 02:06:46 PM »
Oh for the love of god. He made the map for free and did a good job at it and decided to make a little joke.  Is it going to make you butthurt that bad?  Ill tell you what, we will remove the map and let YOU make it. 
"Oh no, negative feedback. YOU GO MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!! >: ("

Maybe it was a bit overreaction, but yes I was serious.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »
Statua did make the map for free.  If he wants to add an easter egg, then he can make it whatever the fuck he wants.  However, I will admit that when I first heard from Adam that there was a pony in the map, I wasn't expecting it to be Rarity in plain sight like that.  Maybe on a shipping container in a trench somewhere out in the middle of the ocean, but along the wall?  It kind of diminishes the value of an easter egg if you make it easy to find.

What I was expecting was the knee-jerk reaction.  Who'd've thought you all would be so damn predictable?  Well done.

• Owner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 05:05:05 PM »
He was paid. Not much, but he was. Seriously though, that shit is fucking retarded.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
It was there to pisd off waffle lmfao. There's always a post release update ;) Its compiling right now. All bugs reported fixed. Adjusted some abusable things. And rarity is no longer on the wall.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal