Author Topic: Lost interest in video games?  (Read 4872 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lost interest in video games?
« on: February 13, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »
I don't know if any of you have noticed, but over the past year or so I have really stopped playing as much video games as I use to. Nowadays whenever I'm on my computer I just cycle through different websites, Reddit, CG, FJ, Youtube, etc. I really just don't find them enjoyable anymore. It started about a year ago, maybe a little bit more.

I mean shit, I have "0.4 hours past 2 weeks". That's /24 minutes/ over the past /2 weeks/.  3 years ago I spent easily all fucking day playing games, that number would've been up into the 40's or more. Maybe it's my likes and interests changing? I dunno. Anyone else going through the same thing as me?
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lost interest in video games?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 12:47:41 AM »
Sometimes. But then I realize I have nothing better to do in this shit town so I find some game to play lol.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 02:11:18 PM »
You're getting older! I used to play PC games FAR FAR FAR too much. But then I went to uni, got a girlfriend, got a job and a cycle de motor. I still play, mainly BFBC2 these days, but nowhere near as much as I used to.

I hope that I never lose interest in gaming because it is a fantastic artistic medium that lets people interact, have safe fun and unwind. Tbh I don't see myself ever losing interest because gaming is growing with me. Things like VR (seriously cannot wait until this, hopefully, reaches the open market), motion tracking, phone and tablet games getting better and better, general quality of computer games increasing, digital media outlets... The sky is the limit :)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:54 AM »
as you get older you have other things to do than rack up 120 hours of video games a fortnight but i'm still looking for entertaining games they just seem harder to find

Offline [ARK]Legion of Darkness

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 02:08:50 AM »
I know how you feel, I will pour hours,days,weeks,even months into games and get bored with them, and then I will do it to another game and eventually get bored of that one too and then i'll either go back to the other one I got bored of or find a new one and repeat the cycle.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 03:57:18 AM »
as you get older you have other things to do than rack up 120 hours of video games a fortnight but i'm still looking for entertaining games they just seem harder to find

Yea it feels that way for me, no games are entertaining and I just keep trying to look for entertaining ones.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 09:51:49 AM »
I've had this for quite a while now. At one point I just got bored with one particular game, and I was really into another game. For example, switching between Garry's Mod and Guild Wars 2 has been the case for a while. But recently, mainly since I have a full time job, video games in general become less interesting.
I don't have a whole lot of free time on my hands. But this shouldn't be a reason I think. But still I believe it kinda is.

It's like I can never play the same game for more than two hours before I get bored of it and want to do something else. And that something else is usually exactly what you described too: Cycling through the same few websites over and over again. CG forums, other forums, Dumpert (Dutch "upload random videos here" website), or Youtube.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 10:39:31 AM »
I don't find gaming that interesting anymore, either. I'll find a game that I like, play it and uninstall it a week later because I find it boring. I am excited for GTA:V PC, though.

I think the reason for this is my work and school. Though I'm not going to be working 60+ hours a week now since I got a new job, I'll still be busy Monday-Friday 7am-9pm between work and school. It's the joys of getting older I guess.

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »
completely and absolutely normal.  i had also experienced this but for only a week at a time where i felt like i should do other stuff

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 10:20:50 AM »
Get out there and try new things man, maybe if you're still interested in video games then get deeper in the subject and create some video games.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal