Author Topic: New Phone: Suggestions  (Read 4902 times)

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Phone: Suggestions
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:50 PM »
I got my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 pickpocketed, by a souless waste of oxygen, a few weeks ago so I am wanting to replace it. And since I still have over a year left on my contract and it would cost me £413 to cancel or get an early upgrade, I am thinking just getting a new phone is the better choice.

And yes, I am a huge fucking idiot that didn't have it insured. Fool me once, but not fucking twice my friends. Not - fucking - twice :')

Must have a big screen; I like watching Netshit and Youtube on it, as well as reading the news on the shitter so it helps to have a big screen.
Good screen resolution would be nice
Good processor, RAM and all that jazz.
And strictly, NO IPHONES >.<

Budget of up to £270 which is about $407 USD.

I was thinking of just replacing it with another Note 3, since it's the fucking bomb and all, but wanted to see what others might recommend.

Cheers mu'fuckers!
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Phone: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:58:25 PM »
Note 3. Otherwise the S5 has a decently sized screen if the Note 3 was ever too big for you.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 12:47:15 AM »
Note 3. Otherwise the S5 has a decently sized screen if the Note 3 was ever too big for you.
Note 3 was always too big for me and I have massive hands. But I didn't care too much tbh. I miss it :'(
And one huge difference I see between the S5 and Note 3 is the battery! 3200 mAh for the Note and 2800 for the S5. S5 does have a better camera and CPU though.

Looking at the specs between the two, I would still rather have the Note. There's not a massive amount of difference between them that I can see.
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 03:57:51 AM »
i've got a note 3, pretty great. there's no other phone that I'd even consider atm
i'm not sure how insurance is over there in the uk, but here in the US I don't find it to be worth it at all. something like 15$ a month, plus a 150$ deductible. i've never had anything happen to one of my phones that required me to get a replacement, but even in the unlikely situation something did, i'd have spent just as much if not more on insurance then a new phone would've been.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 07:36:48 AM »
Have a look at the various Nokia Lumias. They cover a fairly broad price range and I'm very happy with my 830. Not sure what is your definition for 'a large screen' but I'm pretty sure you could find yourself a suitable model, such as the 1520.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:38:22 AM by Khub »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 12:55:32 PM »
Have a look at the various Nokia Lumias. They cover a fairly broad price range and I'm very happy with my 830. Not sure what is your definition for 'a large screen' but I'm pretty sure you could find yourself a suitable model, such as the 1520.
Do they run Windows 8?

i've got a note 3, pretty great. there's no other phone that I'd even consider atm
i'm not sure how insurance is over there in the uk, but here in the US I don't find it to be worth it at all. something like 15$ a month, plus a 150$ deductible. i've never had anything happen to one of my phones that required me to get a replacement, but even in the unlikely situation something did, i'd have spent just as much if not more on insurance then a new phone would've been.
I looked mine up and it's about £35 a year for a Note 3. So I would definitely say it's worth it in the UK.

Post Auto-Merged: January 31, 2015, 11:03:05 PM
Although looking at insurance now, I have come to understand that if the device is more than 6 months old they won't insure it. So I have to buy a brand new one just to be able to insure it. I doubt it's worth the fucking difference. Insurance companies fucking people over again. Blood sucking, parasitic bastards.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:03:05 PM by Carpet »
Made by HilariousPlayer

Offline hacker

• Like a BOSS
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »
I recently got the HTC one M8 , and i would highly recommend it. I had my S5 stolen and i got this phone from insurance. I like it a lot better and it has a way better build quality

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 03:03:19 PM »
Do they run Windows 8?

Yes, both 830 and 1520 run on Windows Phone 8.1. The former on the Denim update and the latter on Cyan.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 03:34:23 PM »
Do they run Windows 8?

Yes, both 830 and 1520 run on Windows Phone 8.1. The former on the Denim update and the latter on Cyan.
I don't really like Windows 8 on a mobile device. Give me Playstore any day of the week.
Made by HilariousPlayer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal