Author Topic: Any College Bound/Currently in College Members?  (Read 5214 times)

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Any College Bound/Currently in College Members?
« on: January 20, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
This is a pretty hot topic for any High School Junior or Senior or even those who have graduated. I'm pretty curious -- are there any CG members that are currently college bound or already in college? If so, where do you go and what are you majoring in? How have you enjoyed your experience or what are you most excited for in the experience to come? How are you doing with scholarships and tuition? Are you living on or off campus?

I myself have already been accepted to Savannah College of Art and Design for Interactive Media and Game Development and just today I got my acceptance to Ringling College of Art and Design for Game Art & Design. The practicality of my intended major is, of course, debatable as it is a BA unless I get accepted to Champlain College or University of Southern California (in that case it'd be a BS)

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Any College Bound/Currently in College Members?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 12:18:43 AM »
I'm currently at Oregon State University majoring in Chemistry with a focus on Material Sciences.  I'm living in a dorm this year, and I honestly don't like it.  It's not so much the noise of the dorms, but more my roommate.  The first term, I had a roommate that I at least had a little bit in common with.  He moved out after a month, and I had my dorm for the rest of the term.  This term, however, I got a new roommate who's from Kuwait and still learning english.  So if you are able to get a roommate that you're friendly with, dorm life wouldn't be too bad.

As for paying, my dad had mutual funds set up which should pay for two years at most.  For the rest, I'll need to apply for loans and scholarships, which I haven't yet.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 12:56:36 AM »
Currently taking general education classes at a local community college. I plan on transferring to a university in a year or two. Not sure where, maybe Lawrence Tech, Michigan Tech, or Kettering University. I'm going to major in Computer Engineering but I'm not sure what minor I want to do. Currently got a line on a co-op with my brother, too, which I didn't expect being a freshman taking gen eds.

Currently I can afford community college as it's only $75/credit hour + course fee(Usually like $40). When I transfer I'm going to have to take out student loans. Living off campus and really want to commute when I transfer to university, too, but that's only possibly if I go to Lawrence Tech or somehow get accepted into University of Michigan.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:59:07 AM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 02:08:58 AM »
Music production, foundation degree topping up to full BA hons next year (UK). UNI IS NOT ALL THAT IT IS CRACKED UP TO BE!!!!!!! "It will be the best experience of your life" they said. "You will meet so many new friends" They also said. Nope Nope and more Nope. I suppose it depends on what course and uni you go for but don't go into it expecting it to be gods gift to your life.

And do not, whatever you do, move in with your girlfriend! I lived with mine for 4 months and then we broke up lol.

But srsly, go into it with an open mind and don't get your hopes up that it will be the greatest time of your life.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:30 AM »
College. I did a health care aide program a couple years ago and am certified in that so that how i work in ER. I am now dying the paramedic program which ends in August. It's nothing like the college experience you see in movies. The campus i go to is smaller than most grade schools. Tuition is being covered by a RESP and i moved out over 2 years ago. My parents wound rather support my rent when I need it than let me move back in so i have a bonus there. It's been a decent experience. I've made some really good friends in the time and recently found out about this girl from another class who has a crush on me. Gonna see how that goes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal