Author Topic: What has happened to Catalyst Gaming?  (Read 3983 times)

What has happened to Catalyst Gaming?
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »
Its me, the dankest memer on the interwebs back to hopefully get answers on some questions I had. First, what the hell happened to HRP?? Back in the dank days of the summer and before the server would usually have at least 10 people on all day but nowadays it is empty! Another thing I
noticed is that hazard time and the japanese guy are no longer admins, wtf? I mean I had problems with hazard time in the past but he and the guy with the japanese name were the some of the only admins that would respond to BRs for HRP. I just wanna know what has happened in my absence.
p.s- CGRP better pay off m8

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What has happened to Catalyst Gaming?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 01:26:32 PM »
I prefer to keep the reasons why I left off the forums to prevent further drama, something this community seriously needs less of.

As for why HRP is nearly dead, it's because Alaskan recently switched over to a "more secure" box after a recent attack.

Offline Shotgun Kitteh

• Boom
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
If its any conciliation, I was on the other day and all the new changes sucked. Back about a year ago, it was an awesome server.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 10:58:28 PM »
HRP is kill because 2 weeks of downtime due to attacks and as a result the server move. New map update should help a ton. When you say the changes sucked, which ones are you talking about?
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Sithis

• The Troll King
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 10:59:54 AM »
I remember when I joined a year or two ago, it was so much fun. While there were rulebreakers, all Gmod servers have rulebreakers and that's unavoidable by nature. It was just very friendly, and I had some great experiences.

I came back a few days ago after probably 6 months of being gone, and the server went from a nice, enjoyable experience to being full of DarkRP type players.

I mean, I haven't been on that much since I came back, but yeah it definitely has changed.
To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 12:12:35 PM »
I remember when I joined a year or two ago, it was so much fun. While there were rulebreakers, all Gmod servers have rulebreakers and that's unavoidable by nature. It was just very friendly, and I had some great experiences.

I came back a few days ago after probably 6 months of being gone, and the server went from a nice, enjoyable experience to being full of DarkRP type players.

I mean, I haven't been on that much since I came back, but yeah it definitely has changed.

The Dark RP type players have always been here, they're just more prominent now because everyone who was holding out for a new serious RP server left for good.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal