Author Topic: Home Sim Pit WIP  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Home Sim Pit WIP
« on: January 02, 2015, 08:00:39 PM »
So I've been really into FSX for a good month now and am starting work on a home sim pit. Kinda have like no cash cause college so I am making a lot of DIY things. Once I finish one of my commissions, I'm going t order a yoke and throttle from amazon. But anyway here's the current state it's in:

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Home Sim Pit WIP
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »
I also play a lot of FSX. Do you use the steam edition of the disk version?

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:02:32 AM »
I have the steam edition but i still use the disk edition since steam doesn't support some of my mods. Especially the pmdg 737. I fly vatsim so the steam edition is kinda irrelevant to me right now.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »
Nice, what is that made of?  EVA foam or cardboard or something else...
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 03:42:49 PM »
Cardstock covering a keyboard. I have 3 keyboards connected to my computer when i sim lol. Heres my rig when not simming

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 08:30:24 PM by Statua »

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 07:28:31 AM »
I have the steam edition but i still use the disk edition since steam doesn't support some of my mods. Especially the pmdg 737. I fly vatsim so the steam edition is kinda irrelevant to me right now.

I was going to get the steam version until I realised that my fspassengers would not work. I'm sticking with the disk version.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
My yoke and throttle came in today. Me so happy. Here's an update.

I plan to make some frames come spring when I have access to my backyard (snow sucks yo) that will hold my monitors and keyboards just the way I want them.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 07:15:36 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uZmNJec6w" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35uZmNJec6w</a>

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 08:36:05 PM »
Got a couple panels in as well as another throttle. Building the frame, main panel, and overhead panel will begin shortly once i have access to my back yard again (snow...)

The plans:

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 04:13:35 PM »
Its been awhile but I finished the project so far. I logged the construction of it in snapchat. Here we go:

Spoiler for Construction Log:

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 06:36:57 PM »
if you were on an airplane and the speaker turned on and said "hello, if anyone has any experience with flying, please come up to the cockpit" would you do it? like the plane was gunna crash or some shit

srs question btw
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 06:41:27 PM »
That is some massively nerdy shit, Statua. But very well done. Looks really great :)
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »
Probably not. Flight dynamics will never be the same irl. That and it's a lot easier to land knowing if you fuck up, you can just get up and do something else.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal