Author Topic: Selling a used R9 270. Name your price.  (Read 5097 times)

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Selling a used R9 270. Name your price.
« on: November 09, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »
Hi guys, upgraded my graphics card to an GTX 770 a while back and was wondering if anybody would like to buy my old card a R9 270. It's still in good condition and I still have all the drivers for it. Just offer a price for it and we can come to an agreement. I live in the U.K so it would be easier if you live in the same country :).

Benchmarks so you get an idea of it's capability: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2013/11/13/amd-radeon-r9-270-review/1

The one in the review is the powercolor one, mine is the XFX variant. Not like it matters or anything.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Selling a used R9 270. Name your price.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 05:27:09 PM »
I hope you got Roffledouche's go-ahead first :/
6. This is an obvious one but do not advertise anything unless given permission by RoflWaffle.

Anyway, the R9 270x is a fucking piece of dogshit. Had mine for less than 9 months and it's already fucking up. The screen flickers like mad (very very distracting, sometimes to the point of unplayability) if I am playing a game that requires even only a small amount of the power that the 270x can give. Not only that but on some games you get purple dots flashing on the screen (BFBC2). This is a common symptom with the R9 200 series GPUs. In fact if you look the symptoms up on google or youtube, they are the first GPUs listed.

It also gets EXTREMELY hot. I know GPUs do tend to get a bit toasty, but this needs is in serious need of a water cooler, which it doesn't have.

I got mine for £170. Not. Fucking. Worth. It!

I will be sending mine back for a full refund and I will be getting a GPU that isn't shit.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:29:28 PM by JiggerFrizz »
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 09:30:31 PM »
I have a GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost, it's been great so far - had it for about a year, no problems since. Granted, I have a pretty beefy cooling system so I dunno about how it will do in a hotter PC, but still - powerful and reliable. Frizz - if you're getting a new GPU, it's only $143 CAD (no idea wtf that is in pounds, too lazy to convert).
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 11:54:56 PM »
Gee, you guys need to get a better case with good airflow. I got some massive fans with speed controls on the top, back, left, and side. Some of them are like 230mm. No temp problems at all, nothing to bake it in.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 12:23:17 AM »
I have an R9 270x myself and I'm not experiencing many issues with it at all. I've had it for a little over a year and it runs like a dream. I don't have extraordinary cooling or anything either.
ok

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 07:40:03 AM »
The R9 series is basically the 7xxx series with some bits changed or altered which is a sneaky strategy by AMD but ultimately the power consumption and heat generated from the cards compared to the actual processing power compared to the 7xx series Nvidia or the newest 9xx series really isn't that good.

Unless you are wanting to go into crypto mining then I would now recommend avoiding this card, especially when the 7xx series NVIDIA cards dropped in price so much due to the newest 9xx cards.

For anyone looking into buying this card, you should be aiming at buying it for at least under £120 in a used condition, although again it depends how long and how much it was used.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »
The R9 series is basically the 7xxx series with some bits changed or altered which is a sneaky strategy by AMD but ultimately the power consumption and heat generated from the cards compared to the actual processing power compared to the 7xx series Nvidia or the newest 9xx series really isn't that good.

Unless you are wanting to go into crypto mining then I would now recommend avoiding this card, especially when the 7xx series NVIDIA cards dropped in price so much due to the newest 9xx cards.

For anyone looking into buying this card, you should be aiming at buying it for at least under £120 in a used condition, although again it depends how long and how much it was used.
I bought mine for£170. It's now down to £150 RRP so I would say lower than £120 if it's got a few good months of use.

I have an R9 270x myself and I'm not experiencing many issues with it at all. I've had it for a little over a year and it runs like a dream. I don't have extraordinary cooling or anything either.
Not saying they're all shit, but this one certainly is lol.
Made by HilariousPlayer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 12:51:29 PM »
I hope you got Roffledouche's go-ahead first :/
6. This is an obvious one but do not advertise anything unless given permission by RoflWaffle.

Anyway, the R9 270x is a fucking piece of dogshit. Had mine for less than 9 months and it's already fucking up. The screen flickers like mad (very very distracting, sometimes to the point of unplayability) if I am playing a game that requires even only a small amount of the power that the 270x can give. Not only that but on some games you get purple dots flashing on the screen (BFBC2). This is a common symptom with the R9 200 series GPUs. In fact if you look the symptoms up on google or youtube, they are the first GPUs listed.

It also gets EXTREMELY hot. I know GPUs do tend to get a bit toasty, but this needs is in serious need of a water cooler, which it doesn't have.

I got mine for £170. Not. Fucking. Worth. It!

I will be sending mine back for a full refund and I will be getting a GPU that isn't shit.

You got a defective GPU. I used that GPU for several months and havn't had one problem that you have described.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 12:53:10 PM »
but the R9 GPUs all have issues with overheating and power consumption being really high so its a widespread problem unless your GPU was underclocked

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
Also by the way it was used for about 4-6 months medium use. I'll sell it for less than £120 than Teitoku said. Just make an offer.

Edit: I never had any heating issues with it, running on basic system air cooling i was getting about 45-60 when it  was completely maxed out on games. 25-30 on idle ofc.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline JF

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 03:07:55 PM »
but the R9 GPUs all have issues with overheating and power consumption being really high so its a widespread problem unless your GPU was underclocked
My 270x is the over-clocked edition (are they all over-clocked?). I read somewhere that it can cause voltage issues which can show as the symptoms I have. I'm sure yours is fine, Tyrion. Just depends on whether you're lucky enough to get one that isn't defective/unlucky enough to get one that is >.<
Made by HilariousPlayer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 12:43:08 PM »
So ye, if nobody is interested I can sell it elsewhere. Just thought I'd post here first so people on the forum get first chance.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2014, 04:46:40 PM »
Selling it elsewhere now. If you still want it PM me.

^^Credit to Dixon xD

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal