Author Topic: Fitness Board  (Read 5169 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fitness Board
« on: September 28, 2014, 09:08:15 PM »
Basically me and Roflwaffle have been talking about starting up a fitness board. There would be subboards inside of the main fitness board like Weight Loss and Weight Gain. Everyone can come in and give each other positive reinforcement and track our stats and see how we are improving. I'll post some basic tips on loosing weight like drinking more water and choosing fat-free foods over the regular. No pseudo science bullshit, just legitimate advice.

Depending on the responses I get, I might do some weekly "fitness program" where I'll post something to do for week one and we'll all keep track of each others stats in the thread and post some positive reinforcement for everyone. For example, I'd make a thread "CG Fitness Program: Week 1" and within it I'll post some very basic goals for people to shoot for. As the weeks go on, I'll make it a little bit harder to adjust for everyone already loosing weight and getting a healthier body(Which will happen). At any point someone can join in even if the main "herd" is already at, let's say week 7. They just start off in the week 1 thread and slowly work their way up. After certain milestones like 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years ect I can make a thread posting the change in everyone's stats and how they've improved. Of course, I would only do this depending on the responses I get from this thread. If people don't care for it then I won't bother doing it. If people are interested, please say so in the thread and if we get a decent amount of people we can do it.

TLDR: If anyone is interested in a fitness board, please say so. Waffle said that if enough people are interested, he will create a new board for it. It'll have different subboards for different goals.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Fitness Board
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:21 PM »
I think it's a great idea.  I'd love to see some topics and advice on fitness goals. Would be an interesting board as everyone can post their advice and information.
ok

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 09:18:51 PM »
Cow, we have already talked about this on steam lol, it'll never work for me but I support it anyway.
Bananananannanananana

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 10:49:18 PM »

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:24:52 PM »
As long as the board doesn't turn into "HEY GUYS GUESS HOW MANY REPS I CAN DO AT X WEIGHT?!", then I support it as well.  Some people need encouragement and advice on how to lose weight/train muscle, I know I did.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 12:16:37 AM »
I would most def do this. But you would need a way for new ppl to join in the fun

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 12:45:24 AM »
I think it's a great idea.  I'd love to see some topics and advice on fitness goals. Would be an interesting board as everyone can post their advice and information.

That's what we are shooting for, but I'm going to personally make sure that no mis-information is spread like "I heard that if you drink this ancient chinese herb, you can loose 50 pounds of fat overnight!"

Cow, we have already talked about this on steam lol, it'll never work for me but I support it anyway.

Constant positive reinforcement to help you achieve your goals never hurt anyone.

As long as the board doesn't turn into "HEY GUYS GUESS HOW MANY REPS I CAN DO AT X WEIGHT?!", then I support it as well.  Some people need encouragement and advice on how to lose weight/train muscle, I know I did.

Don't worry. There will be different sub-boards for different things. The weight loss sub-board will be the main focus when we first open the board as that will attract people. The Weight Loss Board will be completely separate and will not be some sort of competition by any means. We will help encourage people to meet their goals and give them positive reinforcement along the way.

I would most def do this. But you would need a way for new ppl to join in the fun

Anyone can join in. It doesn't matter where you come from or who you are, anyone can come into the board and find sound advice to meet their goals.

Tell your friends about this thread! Get them on board, if we get enough people supporting it, then we can expect the board to open sometime in the near future!

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »

That's what we are shooting for, but I'm going to personally make sure that no mis-information is spread like "I heard that if you drink this ancient chinese herb, you can loose 50 pounds of fat overnight!"

Constant positive reinforcement to help you achieve your goals never hurt anyone.

Don't worry. There will be different sub-boards for different things. The weight loss sub-board will be the main focus when we first open the board as that will attract people. The Weight Loss Board will be completely separate and will not be some sort of competition by any means. We will help encourage people to meet their goals and give them positive reinforcement along the way.

Anyone can join in. It doesn't matter where you come from or who you are, anyone can come into the board and find sound advice to meet their goals.

Tell your friends about this thread! Get them on board, if we get enough people supporting it, then we can expect the board to open sometime in the near future!

Besides my earlier post, I really wouldn't care if this was a thing.  I wouldn't personally use it because I don't think my health is at risk currently.  But, there has to be a rule that if someone insults someone else based on their fitness in any way, shape, or form, it will be a permanent ban, this would include bringing it to other boards.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 10:47:09 AM »

Besides my earlier post, I really wouldn't care if this was a thing.  I wouldn't personally use it because I don't think my health is at risk currently.  But, there has to be a rule that if someone insults someone else based on their fitness in any way, shape, or form, it will be a permanent ban, this would include bringing it to other boards.
Permanent ban is a bit to extreme, but yes there have to be some 0 tolerance rules on that board because someone's health/fitness/whatever is quite personal and could be taken really seriously if some asshole decides to make fun of them.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 11:30:10 AM »

Permanent ban is a bit to extreme, but yes there have to be some 0 tolerance rules on that board because someone's health/fitness/whatever is quite personal and could be taken really seriously if some asshole decides to make fun of them.

Not only would they take it seriously, but it would also likely prevent future activity in the board because once someone starts to shit on people, others will see and refrain from posting because of shitty behavior. We should definitely make it clear that actual personal insults in this board will be taken seriously and likely will get them punished quite harshly. As long as everyone has that understanding - this board should be successful.
ok

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 06:09:34 PM »
As Channy and Nick said, any negative comments will be deleted and promptly reported to the admins. It isn't a place to harass people, it's a place for people to come together and talk about fitness in a friendly manner.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 11:35:21 PM »
Could be interesting. I started hitting the gym again a week ago for Paramedicine.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
I mean it sounds good but it will be extremely limited to a few users.  But  - We - Already - Have - Too - Many - Useless - Boards - Clogging - The - Forums - !

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 02:04:01 PM »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 05:27:29 PM by Statua »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal