Author Topic: Ads  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ads
« on: August 13, 2014, 02:42:41 AM »
Ok, so I downloaded a program that I needed to create gifs... and well some add/malware or something like that hitch hiked withit.  I think it's name is clearthink.  Idk... I NEED IT TO GO AWAY!   MY OCD!  ITS FRIGGEN KILLING ME!   It's not showing up anywhere that I can easly remove it... and my anti virus just ran out so I cannot use it...  HELP... PLEASE.... 

http://speedcap.net/sharing/screen.php?id=files/02/e8/02e8f68cad3c4782e319dee011ce55ac.png  GET IT OFF OF MY PC!! FUUUUUUUUUUU
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 02:46:50 AM by Bish »
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ads
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 05:00:44 AM »
uninstall it

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:13:19 AM »
uninstall it
I did... and it's still there.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 07:08:05 AM »
if it is clearthink, then you need to uninstall it and it goes away

if it is still there, you did not uninstall it and also check your processes

EDIT: also https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:10:52 AM »
Next time don't click "yes yes next next agree agree next ok" when installing shit, and actually read what you agree to.

Anyway, just go to your software list and delete anything that looks suspicious. Then go to your browser addons/extensions and do the same.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 11:36:32 AM »
Next time don't click "yes yes next next agree agree next ok" when installing shit, and actually read what you agree to.

Anyway, just go to your software list and delete anything that looks suspicious. Then go to your browser addons/extensions and do the same.

there are some programs that will steathily install this shit despite the fact you hit no to browser bars and everything else which is really pathetic

Offline Channy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 11:43:52 AM »
Get ADWCleaner or something similar. It'll automatically detect those shitty programs and delete them. My friend just had to use ADW and it worked just fine.
ok

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 12:08:44 PM »
or mbam like i linked earlier

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 04:11:10 PM »
I just wiped my HDD...two times.

If you want to make sure that shit is off 100% + any other viruses, wipe your HDD like me. Make sure you have fast internet so you can just re-download everything(ie games). Any important files that you have just upload them to media fire or mega and then re-download them.

Best, freest, antivirus there is.

Now watch me get hate because everyone has slow internet and can't re-download everything in less than 30min :~)
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 04:14:14 PM »
or get MBAM, reformatting would be a last resort

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 06:14:45 PM »
Fixed it... thanks.    Also, yes, some POS software/viruses are sneaky and just get on anywho...

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2014, 11:06:02 PM »
Trust no website. Don't even go online anymore. Hide in your room and only come out for food in future.

Srsly though, be careful!
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »
The best defence against these things is actually by becoming wise to their tactics, if something isn't installing via the default method, don't install it.

Also, check all options that are given as most free things that are too good to be true contain spyware and bullshit.

I've been rocking Windows 7 without an antivirus for 5+ years with no problems simply because I've become wise to what methods they use to install.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
The best defence against these things is actually by becoming wise to their tactics, if something isn't installing via the default method, don't install it.

Also, check all options that are given as most free things that are too good to be true contain spyware and bullshit.

I've been rocking Windows 7 without an antivirus for 5+ years with no problems simply because I've become wise to what methods they use to install.
I know what you mean.  It turns out that the program I downloaded was not the source of the download either... it came with a java update of all things.  Pretty annoying.  Since this thread is done, wana lock it?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal