Author Topic: Merchandise  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Merchandise
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:28:38 PM »
I was playing on another server not too long ago and was looking through their donation tab just to see what they do... and I stumbled across a tab labeled "Merchandise" and I looked into it and found hats, mugs, shirts and other things with the community's logo and name on it...  I don't know how you could do it, but I would love to some time buy a hat with HRP stamped on it with the picture of the harbor...

Thoughts?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:31:16 PM »
I'd like to know exactly how famous these guys are.  On top of that, it would also be useful to see exactly how much money they are making from it.  It's one thing to be selling merchandise, but you have to make that merchandise first, and that costs.  If no one is buying it, then congratulations you just spent $100+ on a bunch of mugs, hats, and t-shirts with logos that no one outside of the community would recognize.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 05:36:14 PM »
I'd like to know exactly how famous these guys are.  On top of that, it would also be useful to see exactly how much money they are making from it.  It's one thing to be selling merchandise, but you have to make that merchandise first, and that costs.  If no one is buying it, then congratulations you just spent $100+ on a bunch of mugs, hats, and t-shirts with logos that no one outside of the community would recognize.
Simple way around that... pre-ordering.  I'm not aloud to post the community name/link to show you what they are and all... but I can say that they are a PERP server community that I've just recently started playing on.  They may have a sponsor by NIKE... because some of their stuff is NIKE

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 12:03:58 AM »
There's companies that allow you to partner up with them so if someone orders one of your products, they make it and take a portion of the profit. Orange Cosmos did that.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 12:27:08 AM »
I'll bet my bottom dollar it was CafePress

You can just upload your logo and people can buy stuff for on-demand printing. Wiremod had one somewhere...

http://www.cafepress.com/+wiremod+gifts

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 03:02:58 AM »
I'll bet my bottom dollar it was CafePress

You can just upload your logo and people can buy stuff for on-demand printing. Wiremod had one somewhere...

http://www.cafepress.com/+wiremod+gifts
Welp.. there you go.  lol

Offline homelybarrel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 10:57:37 AM »
You could use spreadshirt and open a shop where they make the product once someone in the shop purchases it. They get a portion of the money though 8)

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2014, 11:42:31 AM »

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2014, 02:18:06 PM »
That just made my life

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal