Author Topic: Hack Alert 31/07/14  (Read 6851 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hack Alert 31/07/14
« on: July 31, 2014, 01:33:19 PM »

Dont trade with people any other way then the traditional steam buttons. You will die.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hack Alert 31/07/14
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
legit link 2014

anyone who somehow manages to fall for this deserves to have their account hacked

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 03:06:42 PM »
legit link 2014

anyone who somehow manages to fall for this deserves to have their account hacked
Like I keep telling my IT roommate when dealing with PR for Fragopolis; You have to understand that there are gamers, even good gamers, who don't know anything about their computers or the internet. You can say "well they should if they're on it all the time getting good" but why should they? If they want to play video games, we cant expect them to suddenly take an interest in computer maintenance and advanced usage.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:43:14 AM »
legit link 2014

Like I keep telling my IT roommate when dealing with PR for Fragopolis; You have to understand that there are gamers, even good gamers, who don't know anything about their computers or the internet. You can say "well they should if they're on it all the time getting good" but why should they? If they want to play video games, we cant expect them to suddenly take an interest in computer maintenance and advanced usage.

yeah but if someone came up to you in the street going "oh hi, i'll give you money if you give me your credit card and pin number" then the same person would probably think "wait a minute", its the same kind of deal here. You don't need 'computer maintenance' skills to be able to spot a dodgy deal (mainly because maintaining your pc doesn't come into dodgy deals)
what

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 08:12:43 AM »
steamcocmmuniity

Community
Coccmmuniity
Community
Coccmmuniity

steamcocmmuniity
steamcommunity

The more you know kids, it takes a good IT technician to realise that link is 100% legit

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »
Aw fuk, I just put my steam details in steamcockmunity.com now i cant get into steam and its been vac banned already.

fml

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:16:27 AM »
help even though steam tells me they will never ask for my password a steam man called Admin started talking to me asking for my user and password so i gave him and now i am vac banned what did i do wrong???

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 03:10:30 PM »
Its because you didn't visit steamcockmunity.com before you gave him your username and password, u need to do it is what the site says

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 09:01:59 AM »
Gotta love the fact that they removed the /me feature on steam chat because of these reasons exactly.
Not many people knew about the /me to make your whole chat sentence change it's color to the same color as your name (blue by default or green if you are in-game) and many people used this as a "Look I'm special so I got to be an official Steam Staff member!" type of thing to trick people into doing malicious things.

But yeah, like others said: You don't need to be an IT professional to understand that you shouldn't fall for these kind of things. All you need is common sense. But the sad truth is that most of these "Gaming kids" that statua described, don't have common sense and thus are really easy to trick into these stupid things.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 09:31:09 PM »

very legit

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2014, 01:33:37 AM »
This is why I never add people unless I have at least one mutual friend with them (Or I know them well enough to know that they aren't spam bots).

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 04:15:03 PM »
-snip- No need to provoke negative reactions (troll)

If you fall for this kind of stuff, you must be really really stupid but I wouldn't say you deserved it. Some people are smarter than others, but it doesn't mean that you deserve to get your steam account hacked. Some people are just casuals(oh yes, casual PC gamers) and just wanna play games, not be an expert in computers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:14:22 PM by Nicknero1405 »
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 03:38:44 PM »
-snip- No need to provoke negative reactions (troll)

If you fall for this kind of stuff, you must be really really stupid but I wouldn't say you deserved it. Some people are smarter than others, but it doesn't mean that you deserve to get your steam account hacked. Some people are just casuals(oh yes, casual PC gamers) and just wanna play games, not be an expert in computers.
Or youtubers..... The ones who spend more on their microphones and cameras then computers.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »
did like half the posts in here get deleted or something wtf
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 04:24:18 PM by Teitoku Ippan »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 10:49:45 PM »
did like half the posts in here get deleted or something wtf

ya apparently nick doesnt like it when we joke around
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal