Author Topic: Rendering  (Read 5124 times)

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Rendering
« on: June 14, 2014, 04:04:22 AM »
This is a mapping question.  I've been asked to help solve a low FPS problem on one of the servers I administrate on...  the map is a varient of stalker_prypiet.  It currently uses render fox... but that does not help much with FPS... any suggestions?
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rendering
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 10:23:43 AM »
Wtf is render fox? Was the map decompiled and recompiled?

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »
Wtf is render fox? Was the map decompiled and recompiled?

I think it's this:
http://www.renderingfox.com/

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 11:27:35 AM »
why the hell would that be used to render a map

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 09:31:27 PM »
why the hell would that be used to render a map
I misspelled that shit bro.  Meant render fog.  :P

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 09:38:20 PM »
I cannot answer your question as it confuses the shit out of me. Is this for source engine? What do you mean render fog? Why the fuck would you get a company to compile a map for you? If it takes over 8 hours, you optimized it wrong or just have a map thats a bitch to optimize (like Ineu 2 but it only takes 4 hrs) or your computer sucks.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 10:46:33 PM »
I cannot answer your question as it confuses the shit out of me. Is this for source engine? What do you mean render fog? Why the fuck would you get a company to compile a map for you? If it takes over 8 hours, you optimized it wrong or just have a map thats a bitch to optimize (like Ineu 2 but it only takes 4 hrs) or your computer sucks.
1.  I did not use a company to do that... it was a typo.  2. I did not make it nore do anything to it.  And 3... I need to optimise it, seeing as how source engine does not like this map.  It uses fox to hide rendering spots I suppose. I'm not the one doing the work.  I'm getting help for the one who is.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 10:55:17 PM »
Hm. Deciphering your lack of knowledge, I precieve that this map is using a FarZ clipping plane and fog to cover it up which basically blocks out the map you cant see behind the fog. A very dirty and cheap optimization that should never be used in open worlds. Correct me if I am mistaken.

I'd have to see the map to tell you how to optimize it. There are hundreds of ways you can do it. Also if I could see a compile log, it would be extremely helpful in finding like, half the stuff you need to know.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 12:25:05 AM »
Hm. Deciphering your lack of knowledge, I precieve that this map is using a FarZ clipping plane and fog to cover it up which basically blocks out the map you cant see behind the fog. A very dirty and cheap optimization that should never be used in open worlds. Correct me if I am mistaken.

I'd have to see the map to tell you how to optimize it. There are hundreds of ways you can do it. Also if I could see a compile log, it would be extremely helpful in finding like, half the stuff you need to know.
If I give the IP to the server or something... I don't have actual access to the map download.  Is why I am not doing it.   You can join and see what it is.  Idk what to do to be honest.  :/ 

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 05:35:27 AM »

If I give the IP to the server or something... I don't have actual access to the map download.  Is why I am not doing it.   You can join and see what it is.  Idk what to do to be honest.  :/ 
He would need the map before he would be able to join doesn't he?
Or by all means, you would already have the map if you joined that server won't you? Thus you can upload the .bsp somewhere (dropbox) and give it to statua?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
I still need a compile log. I'm not joining your server.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal