Author Topic: Is CG 'Dying'?  (Read 10809 times)

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Is CG 'Dying'?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 12:21:37 PM »
CG simply isn't dying, this community is massive and I've been with it since way before the free GOLD member period.

There has been a few times when we have dropped to a point where donations are barely covering bills but we spend time on minimizing the bills and pushing through, It takes dedicated staff members to keep this going and that is what we have got.

The majority of paid developers are doing things for free currently as we are dedicated to keeping our members happy, I for one was contracted to make CGRP but I offered to keep my work free until the community is in a far better stance when the game mode everyone wants releases; CGRP.

I'll come out publicly and say that CGRP's planned release is before UK summer holidays, this will be the best time to release a gamemode and the sheer hype will bring everyone back.

And when is the UK summer? For Muricans we get out in early June(for the most part, some get out at June18th), for example I get out on June 4th.

For our school and most in the UK we start summer holiday in late July.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »
I don't care when it's released, just as long as it's good. They say you can choose two of three things from a developer. Fast, cheap, and quality. Right now we have cheap and quality for everything. We want good shit but don't exactly have the ability to pay the devs to get them done asap. So when i see wake or Stevo relaxing doing something else, it doesn't bother me cause they're basically just volunteers right now.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 01:40:56 PM »
CG simply isn't dying, this community is massive and I've been with it since way before the free GOLD member period.

There has been a few times when we have dropped to a point where donations are barely covering bills but we spend time on minimizing the bills and pushing through, It takes dedicated staff members to keep this going and that is what we have got.

The majority of paid developers are doing things for free currently as we are dedicated to keeping our members happy, I for one was contracted to make CGRP but I offered to keep my work free until the community is in a far better stance when the game mode everyone wants releases; CGRP.

I'll come out publicly and say that CGRP's planned release is before UK summer holidays, this will be the best time to release a gamemode and the sheer hype will bring everyone back.

And when is the UK summer? For Muricans we get out in early June(for the most part, some get out at June18th), for example I get out on June 4th.

for me, i finish on 2nd july for college but the last day of college here in general is july 4th so around that time

Offline Stevob21

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 02:07:07 PM »
Well I am from the UK so that means Mid/Late July for me.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 02:16:32 PM »
Well I am from the UK so that means Mid/Late July for me.

i am from the UK too

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 02:56:29 PM »
Even now, posts are becoming more and more frequent. Activity in both the HRP and CGRP boards, and HL2RP seems to be awakening again.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 03:49:35 PM »
Another CG dying thread. How cute.

Well if you look at all the other threads and see that CG is currently not dead, you can pretty much answer this question like all the rest.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »

Well if you look at all the other threads and see that CG is currently not dead, you can pretty much answer this question like all the rest.
This isn't just some thread complaining about people or servers like the usual one's. I was actually concerned that CG was going downhill. I'm just a long-standing member that doesn't want to see this community go. That is all. So if you think that's cute then good for you <3

Generally communities go through dry periods. This one just seems to be lasting longer than usual.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »

maybe reading the contents of the thread will come in handy next time instead of making yourself look like a dick

Offline knoxed

• #YOLO
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2014, 04:03:50 AM »
gmod is dying, thats what it is

people are only interested in ttt and darkrp nowdays

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2014, 09:17:17 AM »
Its the same as every year, just a bigger hit this time around.

Every year when its this period of exams everybody goes, with people coming back through july (most uk&american schools finish at the start or end of July) and everyone comes back at that point. Same will happen this year.
what

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
With that said, I feel I need to stress the fact that Catalyst-Gaming is not in danger of shutting down, however we have had discussions about downsizing while we attempt to bring down costs. You can play on our servers confident that your hard work and digital items won't be made worthless in the foreseeable future.

you'd be suprised. server bill, vps for the website, dos protection, taxes etc adds up to about 800$ a month. that doesn't include paying devs

With both of these said someone77 your answer is very hollow.  Why do i say this?  HRP is being used as a life line for a bill that wont be paid off in donations alone.  Currently its a major rely on the more active part of the playerbase to throw cash into the ship.  However 800$ a month is an insane price to pay for almost nothing.  What im getting at is when roflwaffle starts telling us we are short on the bill it gets worrisome for some of us. 

gmod is dying, thats what it is

people are only interested in ttt and darkrp nowdays
HRP runs off DarkDM.

Its the same as every year, just a bigger hit this time around.

Every year when its this period of exams everybody goes, with people coming back through july (most uk&american schools finish at the start or end of July) and everyone comes back at that point. Same will happen this year.
Except last year CG was still heavily populated at this time regardless.

Also just throwing this out there, no intents to diss stevo:
Do not rely on CGRP to be the savior of CG.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:07:42 AM by General Secretary Adam S »

Offline ??. McBullet

• The African Oldfag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:32 AM »
hey guys

cg.exe

this place "dies" at least twice a year.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 02:21:33 PM »
hey guys

cg.exe

this place "dies" at least twice a year.
I understand people generally jump the gun and say it's 'dying' (or just want to bitch about staff or game modes etc), but you also can't ignore the fact that this slump that CG has been having has gone on longer than usual. Quite a lot longer imo.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 10:12:26 PM »
With that said, I feel I need to stress the fact that Catalyst-Gaming is not in danger of shutting down, however we have had discussions about downsizing while we attempt to bring down costs. You can play on our servers confident that your hard work and digital items won't be made worthless in the foreseeable future.

you'd be suprised. server bill, vps for the website, dos protection, taxes etc adds up to about 800$ a month. that doesn't include paying devs

With both of these said someone77 your answer is very hollow.  Why do i say this?  HRP is being used as a life line for a bill that wont be paid off in donations alone.  Currently its a major rely on the more active part of the playerbase to throw cash into the ship.  However 800$ a month is an insane price to pay for almost nothing.  What im getting at is when roflwaffle starts telling us we are short on the bill it gets worrisome for some of us. 

I say that because if we ever can't pay we aren't just going to say "Whelp!" and close shop. We have fallback plans in case we need to keep this place running on $0, it just wouldn't be ideal for anyone. We're determined to keep our services available and will do anything to do so. It's important to remember that while most of you may not have faith in our staff, one thing we're not is stupid. We've been doing this for a long time now, we know how to keep doing it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal