Author Topic: Help! I have viruses!  (Read 7061 times)

Offline ^2sL ^1Shadz

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Help! I have viruses!
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:55:53 AM »
Ok guys.  I have not played on CG in a VERY long time and I need some help from those who know lots about computers!!
The last security scan I last ran was in September 9, 2013...  Before that, I had a Trojan Horse Virus.  It does not allow me to download any file.  When I ran that scan, I saw that my Antivirus Software detected over 700 Viruses including 12 Backdoors, allowing more viruses to enter my computer.  Since then, I have not been able to clean or restore my computer.  I need your help for me to Factory Restore my computer or completely wipe my harddrive.  I have no idea how to. I did some research already and found some tutorials for how to Factory Restore a Windows Vista (My computer).  I tried, and STILL did not work.  So obviously, I need help to reset my computer completely instead of having to buy a brand new computer ranging from $300 to $600.  If you are great at solving these problems, or had the Trojan Horse Virus yourself and managed to fix it, PLEASE HELP ME.  CG was my favorite server on Gary's Mod so I donated.  Please help.  Comment below or PM me on the website.  (My dad accidentaly deleted Gary's Mod AND Steam so I cannot re-download Gary's mod OR Steam because of the Virus.)

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Help! I have viruses!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:45:49 AM »
If you're going to factory wipe you must not care much about your data, but if you still want to keep some anyways, just open your start menu, and type in "System Restore" go along with it and choose a point before the virus activated its payload.  At this point, download Malwarebytes at https://www.malwarebytes.org/ and do a full scan.

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:37:05 AM »
Also, you may want have It scan your computer evry week at a time like 2-3am when you arnt using it. Just get MB and do a full scan

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

Offline JF

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »
Tbh if it's that bad you probably have some undetected viruses as well. I would just wipe it completely. If you have the Vista disk, put it in, restart your PC and when the menu pops up, click 'format'. I had to fully reinstall Windows 8 the other day because I had a virus that couldn't be detected. It's better to be safe than sorry tbh.
Made by HilariousPlayer
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=5623.0
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=141.0
- Amazing threads that will keep you un-forum banned!

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:45:47 AM »
format your harddrive and reinstall windows

if you buy a new PC instead of doing that then you are an idiot, nuff said, and if you don't have a windows disk, buy one from a shop, it would be a lot cheaper than buying a new PC

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:44:51 AM »
Eyup. Formatting is the right answer here.

Btw if you need to know how to boot from disk you choose the "choose/set launch options" or similar when your bios loads. It's normally the F12 or F10 keys when you start the PC.

After that choose the CD drive and run the install which will give you the option to format.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 03:30:40 PM »

Btw if you need to know how to boot from disk you choose the "choose/set launch options" or similar when your bios loads. It's normally the F12 or F10 keys when you start the PC.

After that choose the CD drive and run the install which will give you the option to format.

It's F2 or F8. Furthermore this guy is correct.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 12:10:48 PM »
I know this is kinda late but be careful with any USB storage devices you put in the infected machine as those could become infected and spread to other machines you own.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 01:03:25 AM »

It's F2 or F8. Furthermore this guy is correct.

The keys are different depending on your motherboard. The best thing to do is open up your motherboard manual and see, otherwise look it up on the internet. My BIOS key is DEL so yeah...
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal