Author Topic: Reintroducing an economy.  (Read 1404 times)

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
Reintroducing an economy.
« on: April 30, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
With the server pop as low as it is right now having a zero wage is a real killer. My citizen never gets rations and rations are few and far between. Usually never when I'm on.
For ALL of my citizen's what this means is I can't even afford and apartment to RP passively anymore whereas on my units the wage packets are so damned high that I can buy everything I ever wanted and still have enough for an all-inclusive break to the moon.

There are a few potential solutions. The first is to scale the wages of the units down so that they no longer get as much $ per turn which reduces their money.

Secondly, you could do two things to bring the citizen wage up to a level where some passive can take place, but with a limit.

1. Bring back the citizen/worker/medical personnel wage and/or make the citizen wage VIP/Gold only again, but only enough so that citizens can't run dry. Like 1-5 per turn instead of 15-20. This gives another benefit for donations but also allows citizens to actually RP without having to worry about going dry. And I mean businesses and just apartments.

2. To balance it make spawning props cost. This was beneficial on the old server after RTLKarmafaggot introduced it. Again, props, dependent on size and danger, cost 1-5 tokens per spawn. This means that, sure, you pay for your RP but only through a wage that you get through an OOC means anyway.

Just a thought, could by built upon but it seems balanced more than it is now when I can't afford anything.
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal