Author Topic: Event Flags  (Read 2602 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Event Flags
« on: April 28, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
"The suggestions board is waiting for your custom content and canon suggestions." -Khub

My suggestion is quite simple really: Add in an event flag which you can apply for. The admin team /rarely/ does events since they are on LOA or just don't do them at all. By event I don't mean some game changing thing, but something minor. The admins do neither. Basically you could apply for the event flag with certain restrictions such as

• You can't do anything that changes the canon/server
  • You can only do things that will temporarily change the server (IE weather, a lampost is breaking down and is making sparks and so people need to repair it)

Basically just simple shit. If anyone is found abusing the flags then they would get blacklisted and whatever is deemed necessary by the admin team. If you trust us with guns, adv dup, PAC, and all that other crap, I don't see how you can't trust us with an event flag.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Event Flags
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 07:01:13 PM »
ive seen minor events done by admins (myself included) that consist of stuff you mentioned such as weather and that

dont think we need an event flag for non-admins

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
ive seen minor events done by admins (myself included) that consist of stuff you mentioned such as weather and that

dont think we need an event flag for non-admins

Allowing non admins to have access to event commands can only give positive outcomes. By making people have to apply for it, it will ensure that only trustable players will get ahold of them. With more people doing events, it'll help support roleplay even further. There's no logical reason not to allow it. If you trust players with guns and tool trust (as you can very easily mass RDM the server with them), then there's no reason to not allow event flags. Heck, you don't even have to apply for guns or tool trust (gold member or mugged a unit/whatever) where as event flags you do.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 07:13:49 PM »
again, no reason for players to need an event flag when we have plenty of admins capable of doing it and do it occasionally too

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 02:10:55 AM »
Id do more events but i dont know what to do in the city other then breaking something or causing a storm.

Offline NRK

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:31:51 AM »
again, no reason for players to need an event flag when we have plenty of admins capable of doing it and do it occasionally too

Occasionally isn't the right word for the 3 events that have happened on the last 2 maps. 2 of those events were rain, the other one was a map change.

Id do more events but i dont know what to do in the city other then breaking something or causing a storm.

Some ideas http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?board=282.0
God Bless the Greatest Country on Earth

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 09:48:16 AM »
The work connected with allowing non-admins with some kind of flag to use the /Event command is minimal, you'll get this in.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 10:27:03 AM »
I'm okay with this as long as you can't do big things like force exogen breaches or huge floods. So yeah, big map changing things.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal