Author Topic: [BUG/Suggestion] Paper as it is now.  (Read 2870 times)

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[BUG/Suggestion] Paper as it is now.
« on: April 23, 2014, 03:32:40 PM »
Right now the paper update, which I find as a great update, there is a little issue.

You can pick up other peoples papers which can be annoying as an example. I make a menu to my store so customers can see what I'm selling.
Mr. herpderpnewb goes to my menu and takes it to his inventory and walks away.

HOWEVER we can also use it to benefit such as.

Sirhootsalot makes a newspaper to give out to citizens. The citizens takes the paper and puts it their inventory so they can read it for later use.

My suggestion here should be.

Make it so the owner of the paper can choose, if the paper can be picked up, or not.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline NRK

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [BUG/Suggestion] Paper as it is now.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 03:41:11 PM »
I had the same problem with and approached Khub about it. He said the parameters were:

If the paper isn't physed then anybody can put it in their inventory.
If it's physed then only the owner or the MPF can take it off.
God Bless the Greatest Country on Earth

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 04:25:33 PM »

That man speaks the truth.
The script will allow you to edit a paper, if:
1) You are its owner (it's in your inventory or it was you who last dropped it).
2) You are a MPF/OTA unit.
3) You are a server administrator.
4) None of the conditions above apply but the paper isn't frozen.

I'll do some testing if it's really behaving as supposed to. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this system or if it's broken, please reply with details.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
That's funny because I was able to take a paper which were frozen to my inventory.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
Add a timer to it and so if someone tries to take it without RP then someone can inturupt the timer and call an admin to deal with them.

Problem solved
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: [BUG/Suggestion] Paper as it is now.
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 12:03:33 AM »
Add a timer to it and so if someone tries to take it without RP then someone can inturupt the timer and call an admin to deal with them.

Problem solved
Kind of a weird idea. How would you notice someone is trying to take a paper and not just read it before it happens?

Jesusfreak's idea about the owner being able to set his paper read-write or read-only, and pickup able or not.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: [BUG/Suggestion] Paper as it is now.
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 11:03:06 AM »

Problem solved
Kind of a weird idea. How would you notice someone is trying to take a paper and not just read it before it happens?

Jesusfreak's idea about the owner being able to set his paper read-write or read-only, and pickup able or not.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

If we do that then the owners of papers will abuse the ability to make it not pickup able, as I can see basically everyone doing that. Just add a timer when you try to pick up a paper or something and it'll count down which other players can see. If you didn't rp taking it then it'll allow the players to call an admin and interrupt the timer so they can't take it.

Not only that but basically all papers you could take IRL so why not in game? Unless it's in some protective covering and bolted to something, then you'd be able to take it or destroy it somehow. Even in food shops IRL you could steal their menus as it's not like they are bolted to the table.

Jesusfreaks idea just wouldn't work since owners of papers will abuse the ability. They should also keep the ability to take frozen papers. Anyone ever walk down the sidewalk and see papers taped to things or stapled in a wooden telephone line? Do you think that it's impossible to take them or something? One could easily rip them down, taped/stapled/frozen.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 11:12:23 AM »

That man speaks the truth.
The script will allow you to edit a paper, if:
1) You are its owner (it's in your inventory or it was you who last dropped it).
2) You are a MPF/OTA unit.
3) You are a server administrator.
4) None of the conditions above apply but the paper isn't frozen.

I'll do some testing if it's really behaving as supposed to. If you have any suggestions on how to improve this system or if it's broken, please reply with details.

would prefer this

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:16:53 AM »
I don't find any of the presented ideas better than the currently used system.
I'll consider adding a friends list so you can give access to some characters of your choice, but that's about it.

Quote from: Cow
Papers are easy to rip off anything IRL so you should just let people do this in-game as well.
Nope, this would cause more bad than good. If your character really has a good reason to remove the paper, I'm sure its owner will consent and unfreeze it for you - if not, an administrator will.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:19:33 AM by Khub »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal