Author Topic: Seeable growth  (Read 5208 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Seeable growth
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 02:03:42 PM »
I'm currently procrastinating but once I'm done I will maybe move my to-do list thread to a public board.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 05:43:14 PM »
im not missing the point, i just dont think we need something like this and fail to see how it will attract or grab new players

relying too much on scripts is not a good idea for serious roleplay

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »
im not missing the point, i just dont think we need something like this and fail to see how it will attract or grab new players

relying too much on scripts is not a good idea for serious roleplay

Catalyst Gaming. It's quite old school when it comes to serious roleplay. We use little to no script side things, and the stuff we do have is essential for the most part. New players will come to our server and think, "Well ok. They got a HL2RP server, but there's nothing special here. Better find some other place that has cool stuff."

Other large HL2RP competitor. There's some cool script side things such as cameras which watch citizens and will get you in trouble if you run(just as an example). New players go to their server and think, "Wow. This server has unique stuff and isn't like other servers, it's got it's own thing going on; Stuff that isn't on any other server. I think I should stay here since they are unique and have neat stuff."

Let's take Team Fortess 2 for example

Popular TF2 servers have unique things such as RTD, unique colors and hats which only donors/if you get enough points people can get, ect. They have things that set them differently from other servers. There are little to no popular TF2 servers that are just vanilla TF2. Catalyst Gaming is vanilla.

Even Counter-Strike:Source(i dont play csgo)

The same thing that I stated for TF2 could be applied to CSS, just change the TF2 to CSS and you got a whole new argument right there.

Catalyst Gaming is vanilla and there's nothing unique about us.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 06:17:28 AM »
cow

people are not going to go "wow you can grow a beard on this server i so want to rp there"

you have autism if you think this is true

It's quite old school when it comes to serious roleplay. We use little to no script side things

except literally the same rp script as every community just without unnecessary plugins

"Well ok. They got a HL2RP server, but there's nothing special here. Better find some other place that has cool stuff."

every server has the same shit

Catalyst Gaming is vanilla and there's nothing unique about us.

khub has said like 3 times already he has a big update coming so like

yeah

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal