Author Topic: See able injuries  (Read 1444 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
See able injuries
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »
You like never suggest things lol. I'd like to see what you want to suggest.

Because the hl2rp is dying, we must resort to more script based things. While I don't like it, I know that doing so will give the server a chance because at this rate, the server is going to die and things are getting desparate ok. Desparate times call for desparate measures. I also didn't want to suggest this stuff because I have a very, very strong feeling that no one will listen to me so what's the point but statua said to so I will.

Simple really. Add an option in the menu where we can add injuries that you can see to out characters. It doesn't have to be super in depth but at least something such as blood on a /specific/ part of the body. You can then set the intensity of the blood to show how minor or major it is. On top of that add a way so that we can make it look like there are bandages or a cast that you can see. It would help with immersion and hopefully the server overrall as it will make us stand out against other servers.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: See able injuries
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:03:08 PM »
Adding bandages with PAC is pretty easy though a script so non-pac users can do it would be cool too. Also adding a limping animation when walking around would be baws.

I recall a script where blood stays on your character until healed. That would be cool.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: See able injuries
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:40:33 AM »
Persistent, configurable blood stains are an option.
Bandages can simply be added with PAC, it doesn't take long so I don't think I'm going to code this. In addition, spawning those automatically would only cause problems as every model is a bit different and the props would end up displaced most of the time.
As per limping, it's not easy to fiddle with Source model animations. I'll see if it's possible with the Lua animation API I wanted to add, but it'll have to wait a bit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal